• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Jamie OD

For the main event I predict they will tease the instant finish but Owens will roll out of the ring before getting Speared. While he taunts Goldberg, Jericho runs up behind Owens and throws him into the ring. Goldberg then hits the Spear and Jackhammer for the win. So you get the quick dominant match with Goldberg getting the belt, make Owens look like he was prepared to fight smart and also push forward his feud with Jericho.

The Braun vs Roman match ending (which will likely have Taker appearing to set up the Roman feud) should be fun to watch.

I hope Gallagher and Neville have a decent match. They're one of the few guys in the Cruiserweight division that have been consistently working correctly and have surprisingly not been fucked up with yet.

just in case you thought roh wasn't still a garbage pile
VeqgEFO.gif

this got him to the semi final of the top prospect tournament.

https://twitter.com/wordsbig80s/status/838456073199751170

What are the chances of Fastlane being remotely good? I haven't watched Raw since their last shit PPV.

You never know until it happens, it has at least okay potential on paper but you never know if we'll get hit with a dusty and or DQ finishes or squash matches for the title until we're watching.

Mahonay

Banned
My wild guess for tonight.

Goldberg is attacked by Brock backstage while making his walk. Owens ends up not even having to face him. Balor shows up out of nowhere and confronts Owens.

My wild guess for tonight.

Goldberg is attacked by Brock backstage while making his walk. Owens ends up not even having to face him. Balor shows up out of nowhere and confronts Owens.
My prediction is after he beats Sami, Joe keeps attacking Sami with the intention to maybe injure him. Then Balor runs out to make the save.

Because that's what we all want, right? Another Joe vs Finn match, at Wrestlemania, a one year anniversary to when they fought at Takeover during that six month long feud they had.

For the main event I predict they will tease the instant finish but Owens will roll out of the ring before getting Speared. While he taunts Goldberg, Jericho runs up behind Owens and throws him into the ring. Goldberg then hits the Spear and Jackhammer for the win. So you get the quick dominant match with Goldberg getting the belt, make Owens look like he was prepared to fight smart and also push forward his feud with Jericho.

Seems like a good idea. I can't imagine Goldberg can work longer than a 5 minute match.

I'm much more looking forward to the NJPW 45th anniversary show tomorrow, and I can actually watch it since it starts at 5AM which is around the time I get up (or should I say, my one year old daughter gets me up)

Anyway, predictions for the main matches:

Roppongi Vice vs. Kanemaru/Taichi - Suzuki-Gun needs to start winning big matches or they are going to look completely ineffective. While I wish that El Despy was Kanemaru's partner in this match as originally planned, expect Suzuki-Gun to take the Jr. Tag Belts

Shibata vs. Sabre - The match I'm looking forward to most with the possible exception of Okada/TMW, these two had a great match for RevPro when Shibata won the British Heavyweight Title and a Japanese crowd should only add to that. Sabre needs a big win to introduce him to the NJPW audience and Shibata needs to drop the belt so he can move on to Suzuki, so Zack wins it here.

Yano/Ishii vs. TenKoji - It's definitely unfortunate what happened to Honma, but TenKoji are still a good team so this is a relatively fresh matchup and should be pretty fun as long as Ishii does most of the work. Expect Yano to win for his team following a ball shot and a roll up as expected to continue their unlikely title reign. No way they survive War Machine at Invasion Attack however.

Takahashi/Taguchi - This match may be better than people think, Taguchi's finals match vs. Ospreay in the BOSJ was quite good last year and Taguchi brings the goods in big matches, it won't be as good as vs. KUSHIDA or Lee but I'm expecting a great match. Obviously Takahashi wins, and I wouldn't be surprised if KUSHIDA steps up to challenge afterwards, maybe Sabre if NJPW plans to stick him in the Jr. division.

Okada/TMW - Yeah, this will rule. Obviously Okada wins, but it should be a hell of a matchup.

Mahonay

Banned
Why Brock do that? He wants Berg to be the champ
Since when did most RAW storylines revolve around getting the belt?

Also for me at least, the UC belt doesn't feel important enough to be a convincing reason for Berg and Brock to fight each other.

Maybe have Heyman freak out like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WE NEED THE BELT!"
My prediction is after he beats Sami, Joe keeps attacking Sami with the intention to maybe injure him. Then Balor runs out to make the save.

Because that's what we all want, right? Another Joe vs Finn match, at Wrestlemania, a one year anniversary to when they fought at Takeover during that six month long feud they had.
:( this seems likely

I am, cannot wait to see Jericho back, it'll probably be his second last ppv until who knows when

Jericho is booked, I believe, up to and including the PPV post Mania (Payback I think?) and apparently his run has been so well received he'll probably be back post Fozzy tour (so in time for around Summerslam maybe?)

Since when did most RAW storylines revolve around getting the belt?

Also for me at least, the UC belt doesn't feel important enough to be a convincing reason for Berg and Brock to fight each other.

Maybe have Heyman freak out like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WE NEED THE BELT!"

:( this seems likely

Lesnar is a guy that fights to win championships... I mean there's a reason that most of his feuds except for Orton (one match)/ Goldberg have been around the title or as with Ambrose coming directly from a prior title program.

I wonder if there will be some Jericho and Finn fuckery in the main event too. Sucks that Jericho isn't even defending the title too.

You guys ready to see a 50 year old that hasn't wrestled a real match in 10 years win a world title tonight?

Whatever.. it's Goldberg... Goldberg is a special case.

I still think there's a very real possibility of DQ Charlotte win as a result of Sasha interfering ala Bayley's Raw win but getting caught doing it, leading to Bayley being upset with her on Monday leading to the Sasha heel turn.

The IC and the US title right now are useless. It's annoying that neither Ambrose or Jericho haven't defended it in some time and won't defend it until Wrestlemania comes.

Recall

A running splash? A senton?

Nope it's the run, turn around and flop backwards. Indy wrestling, where the basics are just not cool enough.

An elbow drop would have been better.

Actually, thinking about it, since the contract for Brock/Goldberg at Mania was already signed before Goldberg challenged and won the Universal title, wouldn't this mean that the match at Mania would be non-title?

The IC and the US title right now are useless. It's annoying that neither Ambrose or Jericho haven't defended it in some time and won't defend it until Wrestlemania comes.

To be fair, NJPW only does title matches once a month (or less for the World and IC belts), of course their champions don't constantly lose non-title matches so it's at least a bit more prestigious. I'd say the only belts that are useless ATM are the NEVER 6-Man titles, but that's kind of by design.

Recall

Actually, thinking about it, since the contract for Brock/Goldberg at Mania was already signed before Goldberg challenged and won the Universal title, wouldn't this mean that the match at Mania would be non-title?

We need a lawyer to read the fine print of the wrestling contract. I bet Heyman knows some good ones.

I didn't see any contract signing... for Goldberg/Lesnar...just one guy saying fight me at Mania and the other saying sure whatever the next week

Whatever.. it's Goldberg... Goldberg is a special case.

I still think there's a very real possibility of DQ Charlotte win as a result of Sasha interfering ala Bayley's Raw win but getting caught doing it, leading to Bayley being upset with her on Monday leading to the Sasha heel turn.
I'm thinking Bayley tries helping Sasha during her Nia Jax match. It doesn't work, Sasha loses, and she comes down during the Charlotte-Bayley match under the impression of trying to help Bayley only to screw her over.

She won't.
7037-Raw-autoplay_gif-crying-gif-vince_mcmahon-wwe.gif

Now? They been useless for years.
They were at least defended consistently. Right now they are props more then ever.

The US title was last good when Cena had it. Miz when he was feuding with Ziggler made the belt feel llke the best one around.

Bronx-Man

Banned
'Member NXT?
'Member when Sasha, Bayley, and Charlotte were booked to the their strengths?
'Member when they were over with sold-out arenas chanting their names?
'Member when they had good storytelling that made their matches actually feel important?

'Member NXT?
'Member when they had good storytelling that made their matches actually feel important?

6 more months until we can cross out their names and write in Nakamura's. Can't wait

Recall

'Member NXT?

I bet Nakamura questions if leaving Japan to gain experience on the American Indy scene was worth it.

Top Bottom