• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

cordy

Banned
Neville/Gallagher was great. Perfect booking and that's the best CW match I've seen since they've made it to the main roster. Man, Neville is so damn good I'd love it he eventually moved to the US Championship scene once the CW get their footing. Gallagher will be a great champion in the future.

Syder

Now imagine how good Tozawa vs Neville and Metalik vs Neville will be
Tozawa was the best thing about the pre-show match so I'd imagine when he gets a shot at Neville, it'll be pretty hype.

I wonder what the plan with Aries is...

He's reverse Cena getting the same push. He figured out wrestling first and cannot get over on the mic pretty much no matter what he does.

Cena figured out the mic stuff first and took a decade to become a great wrestler but always had the charisma to keep at least a decent portion of his fanbase no how bad the stories got.

Eh, Cena was a great wrestler by '06-''07. Look at this run of either good to great matches or insane carry jobs (Lashley, Khali).

John Cena vs Edge-New Year's Revolution 2006.
John Cena vs Triple H vs Edge-WWE Backlash 2006.
John Cena vs RVD - One Night Stand 2006.
John Cena vs Edge-Summerslam 2006.
John Cena vs Edge - Unforgiven 2006.

John Cena vs Umaga-New Year's Revolution 2007.
John Cena vs Umaga-Royal Rumble 2007.
John Cena vs Shawn Michaels-Wrestlemania 23
Cena vs Shawn Michaels - Raw 23rd April 2007
Cena vs Michaels vs Edge vs Orton - Backlash 2007.

John Cena vs The Great Khali-Judgment Day 2007.
John Cena vs The Great Khali-One Night Stand 2007.
John Cena vs Bobby Lashley - Great American Bash 2007.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Eh, Cena was a great wrestler by '06-''07. Look at this run of either good to great matches or insane carry jobs (Lashley, Khali).

John Cena vs Edge-New Year's Revolution 2006.
John Cena vs Triple H vs Edge-WWE Backlash 2006.
John Cena vs RVD - One Night Stand 2006.
John Cena vs Edge-Summerslam 2006.
John Cena vs Edge - Unforgiven 2006.

John Cena vs Umaga-New Year's Revolution 2007.
John Cena vs Umaga-Royal Rumble 2007.
John Cena vs Shawn Michaels-Wrestlemania 23
Cena vs Shawn Michaels - Raw 23rd April 2007
Cena vs Michaels vs Edge vs Orton - Backlash 2007.

John Cena vs The Great Khali-Judgment Day 2007.
John Cena vs The Great Khali-One Night Stand 2007.
John Cena vs Bobby Lashley - Great American Bash 2007.

Yeah, I'm just going on secondhand information here. He never really impressed me when I came back in 2008 much but the wrestling was down in general in the company in the post benoit years.

Teeth

Did the company hot potato the championships?

It's weird cause some of my friends are saying that "Raw is officially terrible/horrible" and the show hasn't even aired yet.

Roman beat Stroman clean, completely killing Braun's monster status.

Bayley retained by Banks cheating/interference, continuing to demolish Bayley's underdog, honest, caring, do-gooder character.

Banks beat Jax clean, killing monster status.

Goldberg wins like Goldberg, becoming the new boring Suplex city.

Neville maintained in a good match because Neville is a good wrestler.

New Day had a supremely unfunny non-wrestling segment because the writers have no idea what to do with them, but they sell merch like mad.

Plus a couple of Raw matches. Rusev's haircut is decent. Jinder needs to lay off the D-Bol.

All of the wrestling was solid, as it usually is.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I never udnerstood why Sting's facepaint was so shitty

the only time Muta's facepaitn ever got bad was during like 40+ minute matrches. stings face paint goes to shit after about 5 minutes

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
How was fast lane?

BcWgZrdIYAAr8pt.jpg:large

Teeth

As a heel, Neville should do the Red Arrow followed by a handstand that then drops double knees into the laying opponent. He practically did it tonight.

Mahonay

Banned
At least we got an incredible Neville vs Gallagher match tonight. And Joe looked really great, jelly legs Zayn put him over huge.

Rest of the show was Raw-ific. As in predictable and lame.

Raw is going to be a hour of Steph going through all the dodgy wins then slapping Foley and then firing him.

It's gonna suck using what were kinda poor booking decisions tonight as "justification" to fire a retired old man...

Like we booked like shit on purpose so that Mick Foley could get heat from Steph... lol

The show really wasn't that bad (I agree with John Pollock middle of the road show where the problem was not in the ring but in the booking) though except for really what they did with Owens (and even that is only disappointing because they red herringed HHH/Joe being a factor), Joe/Zayn was good, the tag match had some decent spots and a great ending, the woman's match was good despite the weird booked finished, Strowman/Roman was great give or take the clean win for Roman, Cruiser match was great...

Given that I consider my 9.99$ bought and paid for just on the basis of 205 Live/ Talking Smack/NXT every week plus instant access to a great back catalogue whenever I feel like I am much more lenient towards these live events.

Pikma

Banned
As a heel, Neville should do the Red Arrow followed by a handstand that then drops double knees into the laying opponent. He practically did it tonight.
Neville doesn't do the Red Arrow that often now that he's a heel, only when he has to.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Neville doesn't do the Red Arrow that often now that he's a heel, only when he has to.

He motherfucking sold that Red Arrow like RVD used to sell the 5 star frog splash, it was awesome and made Jack look great. I want a rematch bad but it seems we are getting Aeris v Neville.

Adree

He motherfucking sold that Red Arrow like RVD used to sell the 5 star frog splash, it was awesome and made Jack look great. I want a rematch bad but it seems we are getting Aeris v Neville.

I thought Neville was going to get so much air he'd do another rotation.

How long until NJPW upload the VOD? Can't watch live

Also yeah Fastlane, whatever, blah blah blah. I haven't watched WWE since December and it's pretty refreshing.

So I fell asleep during the Bayley match and what the fuck, did they really made Charlotte lose her streak at Fastlane of all PPVs?

Also, can anyone confirm if the Owens match was a squash? Too lazy to go back and watch.

Adree

I haven't fought the named one yet but after having two Stormbird fights be fairly epic running after a Thunderjaw and just hitting him with a few tearblast arrows and watching all it's weapons fall off while it flailed around was a major disappointment. I guess I'm the HHH of this jungle and I'm always going to go over from now on.

Jamie OD

How long until NJPW upload the VOD? Can't watch live

Also yeah Fastlane, whatever, blah blah blah. I haven't watched WWE since December and it's pretty refreshing.

NJPW World puts up the archive pretty quickly. I never checked immediately after a show ended but I've gotten to watch shows on the site an hour or two after they finished.

gun_haver

Dear jesus fucking christ. This fucking company is clueless.

How?

If they exposed Goldberg here then the anticipation for when he has a 'real' match is gonna be gone. They want to save that for Wrestlemania and get as many people talking about Lesnar v Goldberg for the Universal title as they can

So Goldberg can't wrestle, until Wrestlemania, or people will go 'oh right yeah he's just an old, bad wrestler'. So he had to squash Owens or there be some shenanigan to avoid him getting exposed.

I don't like Goldberg, so I don't really care about this storyline, but plenty of people do and I'm sure it's working for them.

Adree

Good to hear about Honma.

Poor Jericho has to lug around that light up jacket again until he gets written off at mania lol

Recall

I've had farts longer than this.

I mean sure Goldberg is old and rusty but seriously..... Earl Hebner matches last longer

It's to get over the fact that Goldberg is again an unstoppable monster who destroys you in seconds. I just wish it was a more competitive match, or at least a hope spot for Owens before getting squashed.

I thought Fastlane was a below average PPV and Neville was the best thing on the show.

Oka vs Nakanishi was a fun pre show...

I find this Young Lions thing really fascinating

Starting of with Suzuki-gun.... gimme gimme

Goto's music is just amazing

Top Bottom