• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Oersted

When you book Oldberg, you already booked yourself in a corner

He was bad before he was old, but he looks the part when it comes to squash matches.

You can hope for lord and savior Reigns and thats pretty much it.

Honma thinks he'll be back in the ring one day. He promised apparently. Here's hoping.

Yuji Nagata's tshirt is amazing. Love that face on the inside of it lol.

Lol what a silly spot.

Pikma

Banned
9432364_we-have-so-many-questions-about-women-microwaving_tbd669f96.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
He can move his extremities and promised to come back.

That was a pretty great finisher from Fale. Never seen a chokeslam into a lariat super cool.

of thank fuck for that, moving his arms and even grabbing things is a huge good sign. I mean, nobody deserves that shit, but Honma particularly seems like a nice dude. didnt he have like problems with yakuza and shit? Like actual shit life until wrestling?

of thank fuck for that, moving his arms and even grabbing things is a huge good sign. I mean, nobody deserves that shit, but Honma particularly seems like a nice dude. didnt he have like problems with yakuza and shit? Like actual shit life until wrestling?

Well, he was let go from NJPW for having ties to Yakuza and was employed as a freelancer. I am not sure about his earlier life.

Japanese wrestling and Yakuza stuff is pretty hard to separate. From what I understand wrestlers have to help sell tickets and get the Yakuza to do it sometimes, Yakuza launders money through wrestling, wrestlers go to Yakuza' childrens birthday parties etc in exchange for helping to sell tickets. It is all a bit dodgy.

Forkball

Is there any, uh, long-term plan for either Goldberg or Lesnar? Is all this solely just to get a big match for Mania? Is whoever walks out the champ at Mania supposed to hold the belt for months? I don't see how they're supposed to have a believable contender for the belt after this.

Is there any, uh, long-term plan for either Goldberg or Lesnar? Is all this solely just to get a big match for Mania? Is whoever walks out the champ at Mania supposed to hold the belt for months? I don't see how they're supposed to have a believable contender for the belt after this.

Lesnar will probably go over. I can't imagine Goldberg sticking around too long.

Then Lesnar Reigns, realistically.

Oh shit I really take back them not pushing Suzuki-gun lol

Like holy shit that's awesome. Was disappointed at the fuck finish until this reveal.

Zazyu8a.gif

Totally thought it was just a we're facing off in round one of NJ Cup interference but
ZSJ joing Suzuki-gun? Didn't see that coming! Aweeeeesome

Yeah, I was kind of like "god damn it" but then yeah. Thats fucking pretty cool. Breathes life into Suzuki-gun too.

Yeah
I was like come on a fuck finish for this great match but then I was like fuck yeah a fuck finish when ZSJ actually joined. Agreed Suzuki-gun feels strong again.

Love that the opening tag match loss was a red herring for how good a night Suzuki-gun was going to have tonight.

Why did Owens even turn on Jericho?

Why did HHH help him win the belt then have no interaction with him for half a year then 'have a talk to him' the night he turned on Jericho like it was building to something then he just lets Goldberg squash him and take the belt like none of it mattered. Why did any of this 'story' happen?

Why did the ref wait so long for them to both be ready then just ring the bell the instant Owens was distracted? What a prick.

Why is Rusev jobbing to Big Show in 2017?

Why do they think feeding Undertaker to Reigns is going to finally be the thing to get him over lol?

Why do they keep making the part timer old guys look better than the current roster and reminding us how much they suck and how much the guys we remember are cool then wonder why the new guys can't get over or get teh ratingz?

Why does Goldberg's kid get more PPV screen time than half the roster?

Woah... Yano couldn't Yano himself out of this one.

This is a great event so far. Completely unpredictable.

And yeah the crowd pop for the Honma moves was great.

Cool to see Tenzan with gold again

Kushida's BttF gimmick is great

Why the hell didn't the women's title bout end in a dq? Or is that a terrible set up tonight for Steph to come out, slap the ref for not calling it and slapping Foley for letting it happen just to take back the decision and keep her undefeated?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why did Owens even turn on Jericho?

because shut up.

Why did HHH help him win the belt then have no interaction with him for half a year then 'have a talk to him' the night he turned on Jericho like it was building to something then he just lets Goldberg squash him and take the belt like none of it mattered. Why did any of this 'story' happen?

shush

Why did the ref wait so long for them to both be ready then just ring the bell the instant Owens was distracted? What a prick.

actually the ref rang the bell and then Jericho's music hit, so its the producer who is the prick. So Kevin Dunn is a prick. Which is true.

Why is Rusev jobbing to Big Show in 2017?

because his wife is hot and married so Vince cant have her.

Why do they think feeding Undertaker to Reigns is going to finally be the thing to get him over lol?

because make Roman look strong damn it. also shut up.

Why do they keep making the part timer old guys look better than the current roster and reminding us how much they suck and how much the guys we remember are cool then wonder why the new guys can't get over or get teh ratingz?

because Wrestlemania is more important than the rest of the year combined. shut your food hole.

Why does Goldberg's kid get more PPV screen time than half the roster?

la la la I cant hear you.

Why the hell didn't the women's title bout end in a dq? Or is that a terrible set up tonight for Steph to come out, slap the ref for not calling it and slapping Foley for letting it happen just to take back the decision and keep her undefeated?

Yes.

actually the ref rang the bell and then Jericho's music hit, so its the producer who is the prick. So Kevin Dunn is a prick. Which is true.

Actually I'm 99% sure the bell rang after Jericho's music hit

Lol Naito's sweater says Keep Calm and Say Tranquilo. Awesome

Rhaknar

im too lazy to check. Kevin Dunn is still a prick tho.

What an amazing double team pin there.

Destino!

Yep Naito vs Juice seems to be hinted at again. Might even happen tomorrow (wouldn't surprise me anyway)

im too lazy to check. Kevin Dunn is still a prick tho.

Dunn is a prick yes lol, but yea the bell rings like 12 FULL HOURS after Jericho's music hits and Owens is literately staring up at the ramp.

Ref must of been one of those kids Goldberg thinks hes a superhero to. >:|

GunBR

This was a terrible decision, braun needs the win so much more and Roman didn't gain shit from it.
I still think that Braun shouldn't lose so soon (DQ was the best option), but Roman will face Taker at Mania while Strowman will probably be at the Battle Royale

If anyone needed to win last night, it was The Big Dog™

Top Bottom