• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

einstein_front.png
Holy shit lol

Fucking Yano lmao

Kornflayx

Steph will come in, slap the ref and order a rematch between Charlotte and Bayley. Charlotte will win the title again and start a new streak as Queen of TV

How?

If they exposed Goldberg here then the anticipation for when he has a 'real' match is gonna be gone. They want to save that for Wrestlemania and get as many people talking about Lesnar v Goldberg for the Universal title as they can

So Goldberg can't wrestle, until Wrestlemania, or people will go 'oh right yeah he's just an old, bad wrestler'. So he had to squash Owens or there be some shenanigan to avoid him getting exposed.

I don't like Goldberg, so I don't really care about this storyline, but plenty of people do and I'm sure it's working for them.

There's a lot of ways they could've not giving him the title, but whatever. Jericho vs Owens was the perfect feud for the Universal belt.

Shit, I missed the NJPW event? I'll check it out later to wash the shitty taste Fastlane left.

Lol

Callis: What's with Taguchi's dancing

Kelly: Explains about different styles and shit.

Callis: So like Disco Inferno

Kelly: Much more talented

Callus: Yeah that's not hard.

Fucking burial lol

Just_one

i dont even know how to express what i feel after last night...

how can WWE be so stupid and bad?

Nothing against Goldberg but for f*cks sake...what happenned last night was a spit in the face of the whole roster.

its clear he cant wrestle a match so why book him at all? what is the need of having lesnar/goldberg with the title?

jericho helping owens would have made so much more sense , hell lesnar screwing goldberg would have made even more sense!!

right know i lost all my faith in wrestlemania ... if it wasnt for smackdown i would stop seeing WWE for good...raw is just a huge mess...

i dont even have words , im just sad...

Nothing against Goldberg but for f*cks sake...what happenned last night was a spit in the face of the whole roster.

its clear he cant wrestle a match so why book him at all? what is the need of having lesnar/goldberg with the title?

jericho helping owens would have made so much more sense , hell lesnar screwing goldberg would have made even more sense!!

right know i lost all my faith in wrestlemania ... if it wasnt for smackdown i would stop seeing WWE for good...raw is just a huge mess...

I think another real big spit in the face would be how much Goldberg will be getting paid for this shit.

For like the 600th time. Lesnar screwing Goldberg would have made the least sense. His gimmick is literally fighter who wants to be champ, Goldberg had already accepted his challenge so a Goldberg win gave him a title shot.

Jericho screwing Owens makes sense because Owens/Jericho has not been booked yet and Owens was flat out dismissing Jericho as nothing and kayfabe wise would likely have dodged fighting him. Now he has to acknowledge him. I don't like Owens dropping the belt but the story they told made sense. Where they fucked up is barely addressing his meeting with HHH beyond a stupid plane grounding amd Foley telling Joe to fuck off... which was stupid. Foley sucks flat out in this role.

The commentary is utterly eyerolling terrible as well, like holding back the barf terrible. Has been like that forever we know but it's getting worse.

Hearing them during the Reigns and Strowman match was like hearing Vince being jerked off by both of them at the same time but not being able to decide who was doing the better job.

"STROWMAN WITH A DEVASTATING PUNCH OMG HUMAN BEINGS AREN'T SUPPOSED TO WITNESS SUCH POWER....

....BUT OMG REIGNS JUST SHAKES IT OFF, HOW CAN ONE MAN BE SO UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING AND POPULAR"

UberTag

Is there any, uh, long-term plan for either Goldberg or Lesnar? Is all this solely just to get a big match for Mania? Is whoever walks out the champ at Mania supposed to hold the belt for months? I don't see how they're supposed to have a believable contender for the belt after this.
Long-term plan for both guys is to make Roman look strong.
That's the only plan they need.

Oersted

Why did Owens even turn on Jericho?

Why did HHH help him win the belt then have no interaction with him for half a year then 'have a talk to him' the night he turned on Jericho like it was building to something then he just lets Goldberg squash him and take the belt like none of it mattered. Why did any of this 'story' happen?

Why did the ref wait so long for them to both be ready then just ring the bell the instant Owens was distracted? What a prick.

Why is Rusev jobbing to Big Show in 2017?

Why do they think feeding Undertaker to Reigns is going to finally be the thing to get him over lol?

Why do they keep making the part timer old guys look better than the current roster and reminding us how much they suck and how much the guys we remember are cool then wonder why the new guys can't get over or get teh ratingz?

Why does Goldberg's kid get more PPV screen time than half the roster?

Looongteeeermbooookiiiiiiing

Edit:

Long-term plan for both guys is to make Roman look strong.
That's the only plan they need.

Thats the spirit

Why did Owens even turn on Jericho?

Why did HHH help him win the belt then have no interaction with him for half a year then 'have a talk to him' the night he turned on Jericho like it was building to something then he just lets Goldberg squash him and take the belt like none of it mattered. Why did any of this 'story' happen?

HHH was stuck in a broken airplane with Steph so Foley was able to prevent anything they had planned, such as by forcing Joe to stay out of the main event.

It's s pretty lazy way to do it but they did address it

8b825fc47f5bcce1f65fcc4a4259d005b249f125_hq.gif

Uh huh.

Rimfya

Banned
I gave up any idea of WM being good a long time ago but you kinda hoped all the other PPV's were still a chance to do something good?

Also was I supposed to feel sorry for Charlotte? She's the face right??

I don't even like her but having the undefeated PPV streak end like that was terrible. Why build something up like that just to waste it. I guess we're getting a 20min Steph promo tomorrow abolishing the result?

Sasha's stuff I can understand, she's building for a turn probably.

But why is goody-good Bayley sitting there watching the replay with Sasha interfering and just giggling along with her, not even like oh man Sasha thanks but you really shouldn't do that. How can you be botching Bayley's character of all people? :|

My last week of work and I've nothing to do so
9VZCyDcl.jpg

Thinking I'll drop Highspots as a regular, pick up STARDOM finally then rotate monthly between

• Rev Pro
  • Highspots
  • buying some ATTACK VODs
  • buying some Fight Club VODs
and catch up on what I've missed.

I should get rid of WWE really, but I like watching NXT and whatever smark tournament they come up with next.

UberTag

I gave up any idea of WM being good a long time ago but you kinda hoped all the other PPV's were still a chance to do something good?
Rumble is fucked because it's invariably used to kick off a shitty Mania season.
Survivor Series is fucked because its main event is used to give off-season publicity to a Mania part-timer while driving some November sweeps numbers.

Summerslam is still good. And, if you watch other companies, there's plenty to still be excited about in New Japan. Wrestle Kingdom is consistently the best show of the year for any company. That's the Wrestlemania of today's era (as opposed to the 7-hour snoozefest interspliced with insufferable New Day segments this year's will be).

lol that Alvarez's rant must sound exactly like what it is watching wrestling with me.

I sent it to my wife to get confirmation. XD

Especially the womens stuff, that made me really annoyed. They already threw away Bayley's first win on a nothing Raw (AGAIN!) now they just waste the PPV streak thing.

All this a few weeks before the biggest stage of them all, you know, the perfect place for Bayley to do her thing.

WHY??

AGH!

FUCK!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
where did the whole "gotta make roman look strong" thing come from again?

CM Punk interview right?

Foffy

Banned
Lot slower paced than I expected but loving it

Lol Okada is Cena.

Good match but Okada is straight up Cena/Reigns of NJPW

I don't know if I'm alone here, but Okada clearly should have lost in his match with Minoru Suzuki.

It was so one-sided for so long that Okada looked like he was trying to match the gimmick of Reigns.

I don't know if I'm alone here, but Okada clearly should have lost in his match with Minoru Suzuki.

It was so one-sided for so long that Okada looked like he was trying to match the gimmick of Reigns.

Many thought that... including myself

Since they wanted Okada to win I'd have preferred a more traditional back and forth competitive match.

Okada/Suzuki was one of the weirdest matches you'll ever see imo

Thinking about it, Fastlane's main event was the most booked into a corner only one way to end it outcome for a WWE title match since Austin vs "i'll set myself on fire" Kane first blood match.

The booking of the main event made perfect sense in all areas, it's just more of "but why did they book such a predictable match in the first place?". Well actually WWE must think that slapping the belt on berg will help mania buys and heck they know more than me there.

Thinking about it, Fastlane's main event was the most booked into a corner only one way to end it outcome for a WWE title match since Austin vs "i'll set myself on fire" Kane first blood match.

The booking of the main event made perfect sense in all areas, it's just more of "but why did they book such a predictable match in the first place?". Well actually WWE must think that slapping the belt on berg will help mania buys and heck they know more than me there.

Honestly the teasing of an HHH/Joe alliance/insurance policy is where they reallt fucked up because it planted unnecessary seed of doubt. Sure they half ass acknowledged it with the plane issues and Foley telling Joe to piss off but to me that was all fundamentally a failure of the Chekhov's gun principle

Caderfix

I hope Brock squashes Goldberg and then vanishes from the WWE without putting anyone over, just to fuck with everyone who's responsible for the part timer bullshit we've been seeing for a long time now.

Maybe they'll learn that creating new mega stars (plural) is important.

Foffy

Banned
Many thought that... including myself

Since they wanted Okada to win I'd have preferred a more traditional back and forth competitive match.

Okada/Suzuki was one of the weirdest matches you'll ever see imo

I think Suzuki should have won as it would give the returning Suzuki-gun a push, not a small implosion.

Then they could fuel a Okada/Suzuki feud for the spring, and have Kenny reenter the main event picture of the summer/fall as G1 Climax comes around.

Who is Okada's clear rival at the moment? An anime character..? And no, not Kenny. ;)

NJPW SPOILERS
I dig ZSJ in Suzuki-Gun but if he's going to stay a Jr. it really makes the group very Jr. heavy (pardon the pun) but it'll be nice to see him in BOSJ, which is looking very stacked this year if Dragon Lee comes in.

klonere

Banned
I think Suzuki should have won as it would give the returning Suzuki-gun a push, not a small implosion.

Then they could fuel a Okada/Suzuki feud for the spring, and have Kenny reenter the main event picture of the summer/fall as G1 Climax comes around.

Who is Okada's clear rival at the moment? An anime character..? And no, not Kenny. ;)

It's Kenny and Naito. With Naito being the primary.

Well I mean NJ Cup is going to determine the next contender so we'll know in 2 weeks

Top Bottom