• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Sephzilla

So was KO vs Goldberg a squash match?

New Page

Diamond-Dallas-Page-HOF.jpg

Goldberg vs lesnar suffers from the same problems flair vs Hogan had in 94. Hogan won the first 2 mat he's and no one cared about the 3rd so they created a dumb stop that flair had to retire if he lost.

Honestly the teasing of an HHH/Joe alliance/insurance policy is where they reallt fucked up because it planted unnecessary seed of doubt. Sure they half ass acknowledged it with the plane issues and Foley telling Joe to piss off but to me that was all fundamentally a failure of the Chekhov's gun principle
Very true, feels almost like actual plans clashed with the decision to give Berg the title a bit later on but that's just me theorising.
Coming to think of it, where the belt heads after mania is infinitely more interesting than its current situation. Man you could put someone on the map if you have Goldberg retain only to get squashed himself on the raw after mania.

shanafan

I may watch Wrestlemania without being on GAF. I think I can survive ;)

Besides the mess that is Bayley, I thought Fastlane was completely fine. I love WWE, but I don't take it as serious as a lot of others do. It's just entertainment. My favorite guys won't always win, my least favorite guys won't always lose. Just need to accept that.

Everything that happens just builds drama, and it's supposed to be fun right? It got to a point last night that people were "in full rage" over Roman's shoes. Really? That was on your mind when watching a wrestling match? That is just pure nitpicking to the point of trying to be negative about anything.

It reminds me last year when Rollins and Finn put on a great match, but people were complaining about the color of a belt. I mean, really? Glad Rollins called out people for that.

Would have been better for Joe to not give a shit about what Foley said and have him get attacked from Jericho from behind on the way to interfere and that is what distracts Owens instead of the dumb ass music playing OH NO I INSTANTLY FORGOT ABOUT THE MATCH I'M IN™ ending.

That way at least HHH tried to save Owens despite being stuck on a plane.

Or better yet have Sami attack Joe and Jericho sneaks in and whacks Owens, have multiple story arcs hitting at once during the main event making them all seem an important part of the show.

WWE: LOL NAR, IDK, Reigns wins!?

Also while we're talking about old shit, can someone explain why HHH turned on Seth to begin with? He 'bit the hand that fed him' - Wha? As far as I can tell Seth only turned face because HHH turned on him and forced it lol. If he hadn't done that Seth would probably still be a dick bad guy. Why does Seth talk like he 'saw the light' and wanted to 'right his wrongs'.

Was it because Seth got injured so HHH said you weren't the man I thought you were? I can't remember. Cause then at least there's a reason.

I'm massively looking forward to Mania weekend

But this is the first Mania since XX I'm not going to bother watching. Nothing on the card interests me at all.

I'll watch Takeover and probably the Hall of Fame

Sephzilla

I'll probably watch WrestleMania since it's a tradition with my friends, but man, if that tradition didn't exist I'd seriously be thinking of skipping it.

jmdajr

I'm massively looking forward to Mania weekend

But this is the first Mania since XX I'm not going to bother watching. Nothing on the card interests me at all.

I'll watch Takeover and probably the Hall of Fame

Where is the fun if you can't complain when you watch? We'll see you Sunday.

Come on guys. Cena is gonna propose!

Foggy

I'll watch Mania since it's at the end of my keto diet so I'll be chowing and jawing with my friends. I like the spectacle so I'll give it a watch even though we'll probably only get 2 or 3 decent matches.

What old timer should get a Title run next year?

The Redemption of Bluetista

I was tempted to skip mania this year when the rumoured matches came out, but I find that the actual booking towards said matches (especially on the SD side) has done a lot to increase my interest.
They actually have storylines going and a commitment to them, it makes a nice change from previous years where it just felt like THIS IS A BIG MATCH BECAUSE WE TOLD YOU IT IS outside of the Bryan yes movement which was more of a happy coincidence .

Something to consider is that if the Jericho/Owens match ends up.for the US title it will be tge defacto week in week out singles title on Raw while Lesnar is doing his part tome champ thing. So it might not be a total shoot down the card for Owens

Another thing is that much like the rag titles changing in the Rumble pre show, there's something to be said about big moments happening on "lesser" PPVs. Do it enough and people might feel these lesser shows are easily skipable

What a garbage tier PPV, holy shit. Even with skipping a bunch of matches and just catching finishes I couldn't help but think "this is trash".

Some on Reddit put it perfectly: It was as if WCW as back last night

What a garbage tier PPV, holy shit. Even with skipping a bunch of matches and just catching finishes I couldn't help but think "this is trash".

That's a ridiculous overreaction. This is not anywhere near WCW bad.

But lol at I basically didn't watch basically any of it but I know it was trash...

Heroman

Banned
Something to consider is that if the Jericho/Owens match ends up.for the US title it will be tge defacto week in week out singles title on Raw while Lesnar is doing his part tome champ thing. So it might not be a total shoot down the card for Owens

Another thing is that much like the rag titles changing in the Rumble pre show, there's something to be said about big moments happening on "lesser" PPVs. Do it enough and people might feel these lesser shows are easily skipable
Most of these show are skipable.

Greed was better

If Russo hadn't already obviously been back in TNA this week, he'd obviously be doing work here

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

Aside from having a strong dislike for Goldberg, and the types of matches he puts on, this is why I dislike the outcome so much. Part time champs are awful. Your main belt should be defended at every PPV. I liked Brock when he last had the belt, but its bullshit only getting title defenses every 3 months or so.

Greed was better

If Russo hadn't already obviously been back in TNA this week, he'd obviously be doing work here

Lol this is ridiculous.

This was not WCW 2001/Russo level...

This was an average to mediocre ppv with a lot of actually solid in ring work.

It was nota nonsensical train wreck.

Most of these show are skipable.

All of them are

If you tuned out after Mania 20 and tuned back in on Mania 33, one of the main events is the exact same thing

Imagine the people who would praise 13 years of stagnance and no progress whatsoever. Honestly, people calling this stuff good aren't worth arguing. They're already too far gone

Cornette-booking tier levels of clusterfuck

Sephzilla

Just watched the match. As much as I enjoy Goldberg lately, that was dumb. It doesn't need to be any more obvious that WWE doesn't care about making new stars

I am surprised people are surprised and angry. As if the hardcore fan's favorite has been at the top of the card during football season before being pushed back down the card during Mania season hasn't been happening for ages. Everyone should have known KO would drop the title to Goldberg. I feel like everyone knew this would happen months ago.

I mean it fucking sucks and destroys the longevity of the company but yeah.

Heroman

Banned
Whatever if you only want big moments on big events then yeah of course most of the rest are going to be skipable
It the same problem WWE has been facing for years, there is only like 4 or 5 shows that feel important atleast they have the network now cause most show would flop.

jmdajr

Just watched the match. As much as I enjoy Goldberg lately, that was dumb. It doesn't need to be any more obvious that WWE doesn't care about making new stars

I'm whatever about KO losing. He's kinda already established. Only way he was gonna win was if Brock showed up but NOPE.

I think Braun losing is fucking stupid though.

Top Bottom