• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_n1w9ubF9cp1rptb91o1_1280.png

XenoRaven

Did they run more ads than normal so they could make more money from marks like me who stuck around for the whole show with the faintest glimmer of hope that Punk would be there? Or is that about how it normally is?

I really enjoyed the first two hours of the show. I can't believe people are saying the last hour was good though. The last hour felt like a completely aimless attempt to fill time so that they could do a 15 minute overrun. So weird.

Daniel Bryan not hitting HHH during the promo screwed whatever momentum the show had. No way in hell anyone in their right mind doesn't take advantage of the hostile crowd and the already hopped up vibe of the show to jump start that segment. But they brought out Kane. There are no words. The last hour should've been HHH and his guards chasing Bryan around the arena interrupting every match forcing Stephanie to take control and have both of them thrown out of the building to end the show.

At this point, I'm ready to embrace the dumpster fire that is Orton vs. Gastista

Well unlike a lot of people, I actually don't enjoy watching train wrecks™ and actually do want to see The E do good things. If we can avoid Orton vs. Batista 1 v 1, I'd like that very much.

What's with all the beanies?

It's the Infamous: Second Son hipster look. The thread is actually pretty funny. I'm sure WrassleGAF hates it though because Gaming Side herp derp

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's the Infamous: Second Son hipster look. The thread is actually pretty funny. I'm sure WrassleGAF hates it though because Gaming Side herp derp

There's a good WWE gif in there, but I knew Sunny would get upset if it wrestling was used on something other than the Xbone.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I enjoyed the story line because it's absolutely true. Stephanie McMahon and Hunter Hurst Helmsley carried Bryan tonight, and did more to enhance the story than Bryan's tepid mic work ever will. Without them, he would be putting on Five Star Matches in Chikara in front of 5 or 6 people from this thread.

I think next week The Cerebral Assassin should critique Bryan's look and let him know that he should clean up if he ever wants to be interviewed by Al Roker like the A+ players of sports entertainment, like Hulk Hogan. The "YES movement" can continue to hope this is a "slow burn" that will culminate in a WrestleMania XXXVI main event.

Honest to goodness Bryan isn't anything on the mic. He doesn't speak with conviction, he doesn't have passion behind any of his words. He definitely needed HHH and Stephanie to help bridge that gap and make people feel SOMETHING.

I'm sure the Infamous thread is pretty funny.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Honest to goodness Bryan isn't anything on the mic. He doesn't speak with conviction, he doesn't have passion behind any of his words. He definitely needed HHH and Stephanie to help bridge that gap and make people feel SOMETHING.
Has he ever cut a promo since this feud that wasn't pandering to the fans and saying THESE PEOPLE WANT PEOPLE LIKE ME?

Because that's what it seems like every time someone posts a recap.

XenoRaven

Daniel Bryan not hitting HHH during the promo screwed whatever momentum the show had. No way in hell anyone in their right mind doesn't take advantage of the hostile crowd and the already hopped up vibe of the show to jump start that segment. But they brought out Kane. There are no words. The last hour should've been HHH and his guards chasing Bryan around the arena interrupting every match forcing Stephanie to take control and have both of them thrown out of the building to end the show.
It just felt like an on the fly Vince rewrite to me. Like they just threw Big E and the Real Americans out there for a second time. Random Rusev appearance. It was just odd. And then all so they could end the show like they've ended virtually every other Bryan vs. Authority segment since Summerslam.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Has he ever cut a promo since this feud that wasn't pandering to the fans and saying THESE PEOPLE WANT PEOPLE LIKE ME?

Because that's what it seems like every time someone posts a recap.

I know a lot of people just think I'm being contrarian, but there's never been a Bryan promo that's stuck with me. That's by far his biggest weakness. His ring work doesn't need a single bit of help.

Ithil

Actually typing out bullet points of "what you should chant" at a friggin wrestling show like you're fighting some sinister African dictatorship that's violating human rights is new levels of being a mark.

Sephzilla

It just felt like an on the fly Vince rewrite to me. Like they just threw Big E and the Real Americans out there for a second time. Random Rusev appearance. It was just odd. And then all so they could end the show like they've ended virtually every other Bryan vs. Authority segment since Summerslam.

The whole third hour really felt like it had Vince's rewrite fingerprints all over it.

XenoRaven

I know a lot of people just think I'm being contrarian, but there's never been a Bryan promo that's stuck with me. That's by far his biggest weakness. His ring work doesn't need a single bit of help.
The "I am a wrestler" promo he cut during the build to Summerslam sticks with me. Other than that, I can't think of any other really memorable promos from him. I don't really care though. He didn't become popular for his mic skills. He became popular for his character and his wrestling.

Roman Reigns is so over that Ambrose was ignored during that walk into the ring.

Gotta feel bad for Ambrose. lol

I do. He's the rightful leader, Ambrose standing face to face with Bray Wyatt just makes so much more sense.

It's just like Power Rangers all over again. Jason :(

Joeki11a

Banned
So has it settled in yet that Phil Brooks is done for?

He doesnt want to return and interfere with DBs obvious story

Punk is better off leaving for years, come back for a good run after that

Heel

I'm also being very honest when I say Bray Wyatt's racehorse promo blew away anything I've ever heard Bryan say on the mic. I was genuinely impressed by a wrassler for the first time in a very long while.

Showaddy

Actually typing out bullet points of "what you should chant" at a friggin wrestling show like you're fighting some sinister African dictatorship that's violating human rights is new levels of being a mark.

Makes it worse when the complete opposite happened as well.

"Everyone chant Let's Go Wyatt to help him get over Cena!"

Everyone chants CM PUNK during his promo...

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I enjoyed the story line because it's absolutely true. Stephanie McMahon and Hunter Hurst Helmsley carried Bryan tonight, and did more to enhance the story than Bryan's tepid mic work ever will. Without them, he would be putting on Five Star Matches in Chikara in front of 5 or 6 people from this thread.

I'm going to try and hit the first two Chikara shows in May and June. Are you telling me that I might see Bryan Danielson wrestle when Hunner cans him? Dope

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm also being very honest when I say Bray Wyatt's racehorse promo blew away anything I've ever heard Bryan say on the mic. I was genuinely impressed by a wrassler for the first time in a very long while.

He does some pretty special promos. Bryan doesn't hold a candle
lantern
to Wyatt.

I would laugh heartily if it comes out tomorrow that Punk agreed to come back, but changed his mind today just to fuck with everybody, hence the really weird 3rd hour of RAW

Way I see it, if he does come back, we'll have no fucking clue. The only person who is going to know the real score is Vince. It was the same deal with MITB, his Wrestlemania sabbatical, etc. They keep it too close to the chest.

Wait, which Vince?

The billionaire. I'm just gonna watch this damn thing now. No point ever in fantasy booking on the internet, just gonna take the Dean Ambrose school of thought and just enjoy it. No bashing anybody, or angry about any angle or whatever. I just hate all this cynicism from you guys. But hey it's a message board. I ain't stopping ya'll.

Also, I can't complain until August.

dream

Oh god. That's almost as psycho as the Luigi hats, and only slightly more psycho than the Killzone eyes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't Bray write his own promos?

According to THE SHEETZ he writes them with his creative team who are into his character. They are on the same wavelength, which is why they're so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom