• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

After letting last night sink in

-I don't know why they did an actual match for as long as they did in the main event. Assuming Bryan beats HHH and Batista wins the title, that is the logical main event for the first post WM PPV- so why did we get almost 10 minutes of it tonight?

-Now that they have confirmed Batista as a heel, the main event really makes no sense unless they either turn Orton (which based on the fact that they spent the last 6 months making him as unlikable as possible, isn't likely, although the crowd did pop last night when he was getting ready to attack Batista), or insert a 3rd man. And based on how this was placed, I think that either Brock-Taker or HHH-Bryan is going on last, not the title match.

-The argument for putting HHH-Bryan on last is that it is going to have insane heat, it points a middle finger to CM Punk (who always wanted the main event slot, so give it to the match he left the company over), and will end with Bryan victorious (anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't been paying attention), and the argument for the Taker match last is that its the fucking Undertaker

-While the Rollins stuff confused me last night, it does give me hope that all 3 guys are going to be big deals. I knew Dean and Roman were going to be fine, but was worried about Rollins- now, he is in the spotlight as well. It also means that when the Shield finally break up, its not going to lead to a smaller unit, it's just going to be dead.

-While the Cesaro face turn coming soon will be glorious, I'm worried about his place on the card. He will be no better than 4th Babyface, behind Cena, Bryan and Roman, and might be behind Big E as well. He isn't getting in the title picture for a while.

Great show, and I think making the Bryan-Batista match a minute before the interference would have fixed the timing issues and made for a better show. They did a good job controlling the crowd.

Kaladin

You guys are so mad at Dave for shitting on Bryan, that you'll make up anything to try to discredit the man. Batista is HOLLYWOOD CALIBER. You can't fuck with that, and you can bet Bryan will never be in a movie looking like he does, unless they do a live-action David the Gnome remake.

Sunny, you don't always mark, but when you do....

awesome-heel-dave-batista-o.gif

jmdajr

You guys are so mad at Dave for shitting on Bryan, that you'll make up anything to try to discredit the man. Batista is HOLLYWOOD CALIBER. You can't fuck with that, and you can bet Bryan will never be in a movie looking like he does, unless they do a live-action David the Gnome remake.

LOL.

Another thing. Why do people want D.Bry to be given free reign like Stone Cold to whoop ass. It's fucking dumb. The guy is appropriately booked as an underdog. True maybe he's been squashed too much and people are pissed, but there is no reason for Trips to Fear him.

Unless of course you all want Super Rey Mysreio powers. You all loved that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn I love Dave's physique. Would it kill Bryan to get on his regimen? Bryan has bulked up but he still looks weird, still has flappy parts. Not just talking about his hair.

Unless management wants him looking like that, but I can't figure out why. There's ways to have an iconic beard without looking as trashy - look at Rowan, he has a superior beard even though it's ginger. It's significant. Same with Harper. Both beat Bryan at the beard game so he should probably bow out. Change it to a goatee.

Undertaker has had the best match of the night for the last five years. Why would I be concerned?

All hyperbole and his opponents carried him.

slight exaggeration

XenoRaven

Undertaker has had the best match of the night for the last five years. Why would I be concerned?
Because his opponent accidentally injured a fan by casually tossing a TV monitor. Dude doesn't know his own strength sometimes.

Goddamn I love Dave's physique. Would it kill Bryan to get on his regimen? Bryan has bulked up but he still looks weird, still has flappy parts. Not just talking about his hair.

Unless management wants him looking like that, but I can't figure out why. There's ways to have an iconic beard without looking as trashy - look at Rowan, he has a superior beard even though it's ginger. It's significant. Same with Harper. Both beat Bryan at the beard game so he should probably bow out. Change it to a goatee.
Bryan's beard and hair look fucking stupid at this point. Why do the guys with the redneck cult gimmick look more well groomed than you? It's OK to trim your hair and beard. You can keep the same look without looking like a hobo.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There wasn't any fan injury. The monitor flew near the audience but didn't actually hit anyone.

No injury but apparently it did land in the audience, buddy of mine went to the show and said a ton of crew members hurried their asses up to get it back because it did go into the crowd.

Kaladin

No injury but apparently it did land in the audience, buddy of mine went to the show and said a ton of crew members hurried their asses up to get it back because it did go into the crowd.

Anything that lands in the crowd is fair game as a souvenir.

Also....it's South Park RPG day, who is joining me?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bryan's beard and hair look fucking stupid at this point. Why do the guys with the redneck cult gimmick look more well groomed than you? It's OK to trim your hair and beard. You can keep the same look without looking like a hobo.

I tell you, Triple H is doing god's work putting over Bryan. I can't think of many other recent main event talents allowed to look how he looks. He pretty much looks completely incompatible with any kind of media tour. Whether that's the plan or what, who knows.

And I'm up for another avatar bet with the masses.

Will HHH put Bryan over at Mania?

a big YES or NO on your avatar to vote, loser has to wear an av of the person who ruined it (HHH or Bryan) for a week after Mania!

Anyone feel like doing this? I'll lead off on this communal bet. NO! NO! NO! Triple H isn't going to give Bryan that SPOTLIGHT.

Sephzilla

I'll say that Brian should really cut his hair a bit. Keep the beard though. His hair makes him look like an under grown Chewbacca.

Ithil

Isn't it this dated and limited idea of "well only this look is acceptable on a talkshow" that left WWE with no stars except Cena who became the top guy through sheer attrition?

All hyperbole and his opponents carried him.

slight exaggeration

Nah. I agree with him losing some weight but don't go the Batista route. Cesaro, Benoit, Richards, or Tanahashi would be perfect imo. Still retain that mass but have a lean look to him. Shorten the beard a bit and clean up his hair. Bingo bango.

jmdajr

I tell you, Triple H is doing god's work putting over Bryan. I can't think of many other recent main event talents allowed to look how he looks. He pretty much looks completely incompatible with any kind of media tour. Whether that's the plan or what, who knows.

And I'm up for another avatar bet with the masses.

Will HHH put Bryan over at Mania?

a big YES or NO on your avatar to vote, loser has to wear an av of the person who ruined it (HHH or Bryan) for a week after Mania!

Anyone feel like doing this? I'll lead off on this communal bet. NO! NO! NO! Triple H isn't going to give Bryan that SPOTLIGHT.

I brought it up but many folks said NO.

Regardless mine is already on the line. If Trips doesn't put over Bryan, I have to wear an AV of HHH tapping out to the STFU.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
YES and NO your avs if you wanna make this little wager! Bryan doesn't get his moment this year!

Let me shoot for a minute here.

I like Bryan, I like Dave. I honestly do think Bryan's look is holding him back from a lot of things, but I think it's because they simply don't know how to make his look work outside of WWE. The crowd IS eating out of his hand, which is good, because I legitimately think his promos need work. He needs some kind of real emotion.

Dave's not looked as good as he used to, but let's stay real here for a bit - y'all always had a guy who would gas early in and sweat buckets. Doesn't mean he can't be entertaining. I don't want Bryan to look like Dave, but it's the same thing that bugged me when it was Bork vs Punk - one guy looks credible, the other didn't. I can suspend my disbelief for a wrestling match but honestly, wouldn't you prefer to not have to do that?

So in essence:

Dave looks like a superstar
Triple H is actually doing great work with Bryan
Bryan needs some striations and majesty and haircuts/grooming of some sort
Taker will put on a fine match
Bork is fantastic and will make Taker look like a miwwion dollars
Bryan absolutely SHOULD lose at Mania, because you can't build to a new one for an entire year
Dave gasses early but he's always been that way, and always delivers

It's really awesome that the Titan Tron video for him is the live feed from his phone's camera. I can confirm that it is not a pre-recorded video.

I fucking love Breeze. That entrance sold me on him at Arrival, and the live camera feed puts it over the top. It's fucking hilarious.

... Though I think he's still using the demo version of the app :p
But yah that's some Dashing mirror shit

jmdajr

Unrelated.

I was thinking about how if Punk came back, him and Bryan could have a Wrestlemania 20 moment hugging it out in the ring. Punk winning the title, and Bry defeating the authority.
It be awesome.

Shortly after D. Bry dies in his sleep suffocating on his beard, and Punk ends up murdering AJ because Punk can't handle her drinking problem.

Brie Bella goes on to become one of the greatest managers ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom