• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
please, no gifs

chyna-she-hulk-vivid-video.jpg

You likey?

New Paige

britani_knight_instagram_i8O1W6zi.sized.jpg

UberTag

I would be shocked if Taker doesn't induct Bearer. Kayfabe be damned. He's going all MMA in his fight against Brock the next night to close out Mania anyhow.

Nothing special but

Cheers.

Oh, and I'm willing to pay for being wrong. If Daniel Bryan defeats Triple H at WrestleMania, I will not watch any WWE programming for a month. (This is fairly easy, since I don't plan on subscribing to the Network, and I already only DVR Raw. Losing NXT would be bad, but not unbearable.)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We're not far off from NJPW's 42nd Anniversary show. Should be fun, but not hugely significant. They're saving that for the next show.

My predictions in bold:

01. Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Taichi)
02. KUSHIDA & Manabu Nakanishi vs CHAOS (Jado & Gedo)
03. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Tiger Mask & Super Strong Machine vs El Desperado, BUSHI & Captain New Japan
04. G.B.H. (Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma) & Ryusuke Taguchi vs Bullet Club (Prince Devitt, Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga)
05. TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima), Yuji Nagata & Kazushi Sakuraba vs CHAOS (Toru Yano, Yujiro Takahashi, Takashi Iizuka & YOSHI-HASHI)
06. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs Bullet Club (Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows)
07. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tetsuya Naito vs CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii)
08. Special Singles Match: Kazuchika Okada vs Kota Ibushi

I can see the Bullet Club six man match turning out badly for them, especially with Tama Tonga up in there. Goto and Shibata will put up a great fight but there'll be some heel shit happening that gives Bullet Club the win on the tag match. Tanahashi and Naito will beat CHAOS, because next time they meet, CHAOS gets some wins. Ibushi won't stand up to Okada but it should be a lot of fun, those two always put on a lot of fun.

We're not far off from NJPW's 42nd Anniversary show. Should be fun, but not hugely significant. They're saving that for the next show.

My predictions in bold:

01. Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Taichi)
02. KUSHIDA & Manabu Nakanishi vs CHAOS (Jado & Gedo)
03. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Tiger Mask & Super Strong Machine vs El Desperado, BUSHI & Captain New Japan
04. G.B.H. (Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma) & Ryusuke Taguchi vs Bullet Club (Prince Devitt, Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga)
05. TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima), Yuji Nagata & Kazushi Sakuraba vs CHAOS (Toru Yano, Yujiro Takahashi, Takashi Iizuka & YOSHI-HASHI)
06. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs Bullet Club (Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows)
07. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tetsuya Naito vs CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii)
08. Special Singles Match: Kazuchika Okada vs Kota Ibushi

I can see the Bullet Club six man match turning out badly for them, especially with Tama Tonga up in there. Goto and Shibata will put up a great fight but there'll be some heel shit happening that gives Bullet Club the win on the tag match. Tanahashi and Naito will beat CHAOS, because next time they meet, CHAOS gets some wins. Ibushi won't stand up to Okada but it should be a lot of fun, those two always put on a lot of fun.

Shibata and Goto vs. Anderson and Gallows is the dark horse match of the night. Hard hitting offense from both sides, and Shibata will fuck some dudes up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny, convince me that Anderson and Gallows put on good matches! I'm only interested because Goto and Shibata are GOAT tag team

They put on serviceable matches, not good ones. Anderson is the shining jewel in that team, as much as I like Gallows - but Anderson is so much fucking fun to watch wrestle.

Goto and Shibata WILL go on a tear, but they need to get that L out of the way first. I really like their story.

I can't link you to a "good" Gallows & Gun match because they're...okay.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anderson is criminally underrated. Dood is a beast.

He's really come a long way in the past few years. He's on top of his game right now, but he wouldn't shine nearly as bright anywhere but NJPW.

Scottify

Fritos on a sub. So gross.

I watched the first Royal Rumble last night. The bench press record segment with Dino Bravo and The Body is beyond hilarious. Vince accusing Body of helping him out afterwards was great too. "My hands never touched the bar!"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I watched the first Royal Rumble last night. The bench press record segment with Dino Bravo and The Body is beyond hilarious. Vince accusing Body of helping him out afterwards was great too. "My hands never touched the bar!"

Dino Bravo had such a great, BELIEVABLE
Ithil!
physique.

Sokantish

I dunno man, that sub looked good. I want to try it!

Verendus

Banned
I already have a board bet that Triple H/Daniel Bryan won't be the last or second to last match on the card, so I will double down with #NO. Can someone please make my Archie say NO please?
Haha, who was dumb enough to make this bet with you? Undertaker is most likely going to close since we have a heel vs. heel title match, but then that's obviously the option for second last match. Triple H and Bryan aren't going last and the only way they could be on second last is if the title match closes since Undertaker and Lesnar could be mid-show then. But there is no way I see a heel vs. heel match going last. Simple ten second math there.

Gonna watch Raw later. Shame there was no Brotista promo. I understand he sold so well that Bryan never looked more deadly though. That mega star performance.

In happier news, PWG has announced Mystery Vortex for March 28th. MIght be Drake Younger's last show. :(

Probably will be, the Torch said he's reporting to the Performance Centre in May.

Guessing we'll get Drake vs Cole as the main event? I presume they'll want to give him a good send off - dude's been awesome in PWG.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, who was dumb enough to make this bet with you? Undertaker is most likely going to close since we have a heel vs. heel title match, but then that's obviously the option for second last match. Triple H and Bryan aren't going last and the only way they could be on second last is if the title match closes since Undertaker and Lesnar could be mid-show then. But there is no way I see a heel vs. heel match going last.

Gonna watch Raw later. Shame there was no Brotista promo. I understand he sold so well that Bryan never looked more deadly though. That mega star performance.

Brotista got a short promo with Renee Young. Told people they read comic books and superheroes are stupid, said he's take apart people like Bryan.

Then he did!

Probably will be, the Torch said he's reporting to the Performance Centre in May.

Guessing we'll get Drake vs Cole as the main event? I presume they'll want to give him a good send off - dude's been awesome in PWG.

Who ya got for NJPW 42nd?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't watch the end of RAW. Did Randy Orton help Batista?

Also, I'm gonna go get a whopper today I think

Sort of...Bats tossed Bryan into Orton who was sitting ringside, Orton came in to RKO everyone but got a Batista Shove for his troubles. He actually was worthless.

Verendus

Banned
Brotista got a short promo with Renee Young. Told people they read comic books and superheroes are stupid, said he's take apart people like Bryan.

Then he did!
But he's Drax!

It doesn't matter. I'm sure Brotista logic is sound. Always has been. He's bringing superheroes not called Batman mainstream. I didn't even know what a Drax was until Brotista came along. That mega star power.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There's now 3 eps of WCCW on the Network. Rejoice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom