• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
But he's Drax!

It doesn't matter. I'm sure Brotista logic is sound. Always has been. He's bringing superheroes not called Batman mainstream. I didn't even know what a Drax was until Brotista came along. That mega star power.

You think he cares about Marvel? He was in that movie to make money.

Money! Money! Money!

Dollar signs! Dollar signs! Dollar signs!

Carnby

So Main Even going to be live each week and exclusive to the WWE Network. Now that's what I'm talking about.

Who ya got for NJPW 42nd?

1. Suzuki & Taichi punk the young lions
2. Jado gets chopped in the head by Nakanishi and falls over.
3. El Desperado gets the pin on Liger or Tiger mask - they need something for him to do and feuding with either (well, hopefully Liger) would help keep Desperado fresh as well as being a good way to put him over.
4. Poor Honma takes the fall, from a Bad Luck Bomb, I'd guess.
5. Faces win via DQ, because Iizuka & Yano are in the match
6. Goto & Shibata win to set up a tag title match.
7. Hmmmm, not sure on this one. I don't think Tana's pinning Nakamura or Ishii in this one. Either Nak gets a pinfall back from Tana, or Naito pins Ishii for a NEVER rematch.
8. Okada wins, but I'm sure Ibushi will have a great showing here. Perhaps they could have Ibushi win to set up a title match down the line.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
1. Suzuki & Taichi punk the young lions
2. Jado gets chopped in the head by Nakanishi and falls over.
3. El Desperado gets the pin on Liger or Tiger mask - they need something for him to do and feuding with either (well, hopefully Liger) would help keep Desperado fresh as well as being a good way to put him over.
4. Poor Honma takes the fall, from a Bad Luck Bomb, I'd guess.
5. Faces win via DQ, because Iizuka & Yano are in the match
6. Goto & Shibata win to set up a tag title match.
7. Hmmmm, not sure on this one. I don't think Tana's pinning Nakamura or Ishii in this one. Either Nak gets a pinfall back from Tana, or Naito pins Ishii for a NEVER rematch.
8. Okada wins, but I'm sure Ibushi will have a great showing here. Perhaps they could have Ibushi win to set up a title match down the line.

Desperado definitely need to keep moving forward. I can definitely see him getting the pin. He'll need it. I didn't realize Goto & Shibata was non-title, in that case, I give it to them. No need to get that loss early if it's non-title - in fact, the opposite. I can see Naito pinning Ishii as the likely end for that match - Ishii does the job too often, and it does set up a NEVER rematch like you said. Of course, watch Naito pin Nakamura or something else blasphemous.

I feel bad for Ibushi - only because I don't think he can advance ANY farther. I need to see some more Ibushi vs Ishii. That'd make me happy.

strobogo

Banned
Warrior vs Hogan is still so rad. In my opinion, Warrior vs Hogan and Warrior vs Savage are the peaks of the Golden Era. Bright and colorful characters in truly epic feeling and expertly laid out matches, guys raising themselves (especially Warrior) to new heights that no one thought possible, great camera work, great story telling, great announcing. Just great all around.

There have only been a handful of WWE matches since that really compare with those to me. Rock vs Hogan 1, Taker vs HBK at WM are the only two that immediately come to mind. Rock vs Cena (both times) tried to be that, but weren't anywhere on that level from any standpoint.

I feel bad for Ibushi - only because I don't think he can advance ANY farther. I need to see some more Ibushi vs Ishii. That'd make me happy.

Yeah, I don't see Ibushi climbing any further - he could have a good showing in the G1 and a title match against Okada would be fun, even if he had little chance. However, I think they see him as the guy who can help make stars of the rest of the jr roster, like BUSHI, Desperado & KUSHIDA.

FallingEdge said:
I'm really excited for when Okada faces Shibata. That will be a fun match.

Invasion Attack, I'm guessing, after Shibata wins the New Japan Cup. Fantasy booking time;

. Ibushi beats Okada at the 42nd Anniversary Show.
. Shibata wins the New Japan Cup.
. Okada defeats Shibata at Invasion Attack.
. Okada defeats Ibushi in a title vs title match at Dontaku in May, immediately vacates the jr's championship.
. the winner of the Best of the Super Jr's in June is crowned the new champion. Either Ibushi wins, or he loses in the final to Desperado.
. random Okada defence at Dominion, Karl Anderson, maybe.
. Nakamura wins the G1, Okada confronts him after the final.
. random Okada defences at Destruction, King of Pro-Wrestling and Power Struggle - I'd go with Nagata, Suzuki & Archer.
. Nakamura defeats Okada for the belt at Wrestle Kingdom, CHAOS splits and feuds into 2015.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
But Shibata isn't winning the New Japan Cup.

Warrior vs Hogan is still so rad. In my opinion, Warrior vs Hogan and Warrior vs Savage are the peaks of the Golden Era. Bright and colorful characters in truly epic feeling and expertly laid out matches, guys raising themselves (especially Warrior) to new heights that no one thought possible, great camera work, great story telling, great announcing. Just great all around.

There have only been a handful of WWE matches since that really compare with those to me. Rock vs Hogan 1, Taker vs HBK at WM are the only two that immediately come to mind. Rock vs Cena (both times) tried to be that, but weren't anywhere on that level from any standpoint.
I might feel differently now as I have only watched the match twice but yeah Hogan vs Warrior just had an epic feel, the two biggest superstars in the biggest match.

Hogan vs Rock was close, the crowd going nuts and all the flashbulbs popping when Hulk first started flexing was crazy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He totally is, they super-telegraphed it when he came out to confront Okada. He's defeating Nakamura in the final, then Shibata will be Nakamura's first defence at New Beginning 2015 :p

Bah. I don't think Shibata is ready. I enjoy most of his matches but...he's still missing something.

mouserat

Neo Member
so I just watched RAW. my fiance is a big CM Punk fan for some reason, and offered me some revolting sexual favours if the rumour I told her about his return was true. I am really pissed off at Phil Brooks right now.

totally over that guy. his leaving is 99% shoot and staying silent over it is a real dick move when people are spending money to see him. I'm sure plenty of people just went to RAW because they love the WWE but if the dude is gone for good then would it really hurt him to let his fans know? the people who lined his coffers with merch money? all the grumbling from backstage about him being a jerk and bringing down the atmosphere recently are really making me resent the dude. plus he cost me some really filthy bedroom stuff. asshole!

The winner get a choice between IWGP and IC title . Shibata doesn't have to win to face okada

(Which is why Goto wins and challenges tanahashi)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is Goto's year, not Shibata's!

But I have to admit, I'm not as hot for Goto as I had been around the time of the G1. Him having to bow out due to injury...was a serious setback.

Batigol

Banned
Why was 'Taker not at Raw last night? It's 32 days or so till Wrestlemania. You can at least show up for the remaining Raws since you only wrestle once a year

Lazy dead bastard

strobogo

Banned
I might feel differently now as I have only watched the match twice but yeah Hogan vs Warrior just had an epic feel, the two biggest superstars in the biggest match.

Hogan vs Rock was close, the crowd going nuts and all the flashbulbs popping when Hulk first started flexing was crazy.

One of the best parts of Warrior/Hogan to me is how both are the super babyfaces, but both take cheap shots where they can because the title was so important. While that wasn't uncommon for Hogan to do against heels, it definitely wasn't a common thing for Warrior, or in face vs face matches in general in WWF which also weren't common. It's such a well laid out match from start to finish. The huge crowd, the fans not taking sides but cheering both men equally as hard, Warrior REALLY stepping up to the plate. Hulk put in more effort than he had in probably 2-3 years. It's so good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why was 'Taker not at Raw last night? It's 32 days or so till Wrestlemania. You can at least show up for the remaining Raws since you only wrestle once a year

Lazy dead bastard

Undertaker is immortal and is to be respected.

jmdajr

Undertaker is immortal and is to be respected.

he's busy

9da6cd1c46848b0d69012df50fc99c04.jpeg

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
I'm really excited for when Okada faces Shibata. That will be a fun match.

It won't happen, but it would be funny to see Shibata win the belt just for the fact he managed to win something Goto couldn't win after 7 tries.

Naito heel turn!
Can't wait

For real man. Would be great to see him beat the hell out of people without worrying about getting booed out the building.

I really wish Shawn Michaels had gotten some plugs during the later half of his career, I hated seeing him with bald spots everywhere especially when his hair got wet.

XenoRaven

They should have made someone who was actually successful at MMA the face of puroresu. That's right. I'm talking about this guy.

suzukiminoru_l.jpg

That's what I call mainstream appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom