• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he's not. He was literally THE guy who was supposed to be the face of puroresu before he went to fail at MMA.

What a dumbass decision, in retrospect. Now he's having to work twice as hard to get back to where he was and, as long as Tanahashi and Nakamura have any say in the matter, he's not winning the main belt anytime soon. Hell, Jado & Gedo didn't even want him, that was all Bushiroad Chairman Kidani's idea.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
That look she had on Raw...I messes with it.

BhhZlHeIAAAIMIF.jpg

RAW_1084_Photo_242.jpg

Yes

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Shibata is great. Always was an infuriating wrestler in the ring. Loved how he gets under the skin of his opponents. I remember Akiyama just getting fed up with this fool and murdering him with a wrist clutch exploder.

Jun Akiyama vs. Katsuyori Shibata - Wrestle 1 (4/8/2005)

What a dumbass decision, in retrospect. Now he's having to work twice as hard to get back to where he was and, as long as Tanahashi and Nakamura have any say in the matter, he's not winning the main belt anytime soon. Hell, Jado & Gedo didn't even want him, that was all Bushiroad Chairman Kidani's idea.

I thought half the reason was the whole early 2000s bullshit Inoki infected NJPW with by trying to make their guys into semi MMA pros. Damn near derailed Nakamura with it but he actually won his two fights. If he did not, his career would be MUCH different. Remember NJPW trotted Nagata out there to fight fucking FEDOR?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

And he's still a huge draw, so Japan Cena and Punk are just going to have to deal w it.

Kaladin

Apparently
Solomon Crowe still has the hacker gimmick, as NXT social media has been pushing it ahead of his debut this Thursday. It seems like when he wrestled on NXT, it appeared to be without a gimmick, but the gimmick is coming across in social media and (maybe) backstage, since they showed no backstage stuff at NXT tapings.

Marvel

could never
It really bothers me that Rusev doesn't wear shoes

cz5f.gif

Apparently
Solomon Crowe still has the hacker gimmick, as NXT social media has been pushing it ahead of his debut this Thursday. It seems like when he wrestled on NXT, it appeared to be without a gimmick, but the gimmick is coming across in social media and (maybe) backstage, since they showed no backstage stuff at NXT tapings.

Also they better not
dump that hacker gimmick, it's fucking awesome.

Ithil

Apparently

It might be coming across in vignettes instead.

UberTag

Best idea for the WWE to troll and incite wrath amongst their lapdog fanbase for WMXXX would be to announce a stip for D.Brine vs. Hunter where Bryan gets to challenge for the title that night if he defeats Triple H... and then book Bryan to lose against Hunter (hence rendering the stip useless and proceeding ahead with Orton vs. Big Dave as planned).

I so hope they go this route. In fact, as a betting man I would put money on this being the plan even while Meltzer and Alvarez and all of the "experts" out there proclaim that the logical booking would be to have D.Brine go over.

strobogo

Banned
Rusev was the first guy I saw on NXT and thought "there is no fucking way this guy is ever getting called up". Can't believe I was so wrong.

kirblar

All WWE stars should get preemptive plugs so they don't turn out like Steve Austin, Rock, Kurt Angle, Undertaker
Steve losing his hair was the best thing that ever happened to him. High testosterone and baldness are linked - it's not a surprise that so many guys lose their hair, given that they're on the high-musculature side of the spectrum.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Best idea for the WWE to troll and incite wrath amongst their lapdog fanbase for WMXXX would be to announce a stip for D.Brine vs. Hunter where Bryan gets to challenge for the title that night if he defeats Triple H... and then book Bryan to lose against Hunter (hence rendering the stip useless and proceeding ahead with Orton vs. Big Dave as planned).

I so hope they go this route. In fact, as a betting man I would put money on this being the plan even while Meltzer and Alvarez and all of the "experts" out there proclaim that the logical booking would be to have D.Brine go over.

Can I ask why some of you are so in favor of WWE trolling their fans?

I think people just want the bad endings for the sake of bad endings. The only problem is that they're willing to have such fucked up storytelling in favor of "the sweet tears of the fan base" because fuck you I love Batista.

The only way I see it.

Sephzilla

Scream at me if this is old

http://www.prowrestling.com/ex-wwe-superstar-teases-wwe-return/

Following last night’s broadcast of RAW, former WWE Superstar and current TNA Wrestler Bully Ray posted the following on Twitter, teasing a possible return to the organization:

“After hearing #ChicagoRaw crowd tonight has helped me make an important career decision @IMPACTWRESTLING. Stay tuned.”

Bubba Ray might want to come back to WWE?

I'd mark out for a Dudley Boyz reunion tour

jmdajr

Some fans have had it with the product and want it to get so bad more will quit watching.

I'm ok with WWE not giving them everything they want, but a bone every once in awhile isn't bad.

mrboo001

Banned
I think the best thing WWE can do at this point is to antagonize the crowd. String them along with false hope and Dusty Finishes until at least next WM. Because they sure as hell not going to keep them happy with Orton vs Bastisa.

Did... Did you just play Danganronpa
Why must you enjoy the despair of others so?!

I'm seriously considering buying a Vita to play that game

Unless Devon wants to put the goddamn work in like Bully did, he can stay home!

Hours of Bully powerbombing the shit out of El Torito please

I'm seriously considering buying a Vita to play that game

It is a fantastic game and very much lives up to the 999/Ace Attorney crossover comparison, but do not look up anything related to it on the Internet, lest you get spoiled.

Also, it is a fucking mach truck carrying explosives kind of emotional game. It's basically Gut Punch: The Game. Be warned!

Sephzilla

Some fans have had it with the product and want it to get so bad more will quit watching.

I'm ok with WWE not giving them everything they want, but a bone every once in awhile isn't bad.

That's what made the Austin/McMahon feud so great. McMahon would have his schemes and plots, but every 2 or 3 weeks Vince or one of the stooges would be getting stunners.

UberTag

It's not that I'm in favor of the WWE trolling their fans.
I just want to see the WWE change.
That change won't happen unless fans stop paying money for "same old shit" booking.
The WWE trolling their fans, antagonizing them and outright pissing them off might result in some fans finally getting fed up.
Hence why I hope it continues.

Did... Did you just play Danganronpa
Why must you enjoy the despair of others so?!
Just call me Monokuma.

I'd like to see if they made Bubba change his finisher - no one has powerbombs in WWE anymore. Maybe a top guy like Cena or Bryan might get to use one occasionally, but as a finisher? Bubba'd probably end up with a spinning neckbreaker, or some shit. Everyone ends up with a spinning neckbreaker, or dumb faceplant crap. I'm sick of that shit - moves with impact, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom