• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

PInk Tape

Banned
The assembly cut of 3 and directors cut of resurrection are so good. Prometheus has it's flaws with the script but it's beautiful and I still like it.

The cuts were good and Prometheus could be better or could be worse. On the bright side they aren't the worst thing to come out of that franchise *coughColonelMarinescough*

Kaladin

All Your Belts Are Belong to The Young Bucks

1185994_10152288710461328_1957511885_n.jpg

(not pictured: PWG Tag Team Titles)

PInk Tape

Banned
Well, this commentary could be worse.

Fake edit: Did I just see some humping?

Fake edit 2: Nice costume.
BGYcJTC.png

(Watching Resistance Pro if anyone cares)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey dudes, I'm doing a video blog of my DDP Yoga progress. Just started 4 days ago, and here is my first vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wBh34p7K84&feature=youtu.be

Good on you for taking steps to become healthier.

Kaladin

(Yeah. I'm not dying. Get out of here.)

WOAH OH OH OAH OH OAH OAH
WORLD GOES WIIIILD WOOOOO!

(Yeah. Come on. I'm not dying.)

We're dancing in the streets
There is nothing left to eat
We're on a winning streak
Going out in style

WORLD GOES WIIIILD WOOOOOO!

(Yeah! Yeah!)
(I'm not dead yet. Get out of here.)

Yeeeeeaah!
Break out the hand grenades
Cute girls time to play
Hip splosions to the raid
Going out in styyyyyyyyle

(Guitar Solo)
(Yeah. I said wiiiiild. Come on.)

(Come on.)
(Yeah. Yeeeeah.)

(WOOO! Come on! Yeeeaah!)

Randomly watching Rebellion 1999 and completely forgot that Jericho had a bodyguard named Curtis Hughes. What was his story? Was he a returning wrestler or something?

Randomly watching Rebellion 1999 and completely forgot that Jericho had a bodyguard named Curtis Hughes. What was his story? Was he a returning wrestler or something?

He was a fat bodybuard from the early 90s named Mr. Hughes in both the WWF and WCW. He came back in '99 as Jericho's bodyguard. Instead of being fat, he came back ripped as fuck. He was only around for a few weeks before they dumped him.

He still occasionally works indies in Georgia and is still in great shape.

Prometheus is garbage. Fucking garbage. I'd rather watch hours of deathmatch footage while sitting in-between the Young Bucks than to ever see Prometheus again.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Since we're full of snitches now, I'm going to add a random wrestling aside to everything gaming related that I post. I didn't like filling bars in Black Flag, but now I'm starting to enjoy filling bars in Black Flag.

The main character looks like Raven. Paul Burchill once played a pirate.

DMczaf

So I was thinking that maybe we should start taking this thread more serioWOAH OH OH OAH OH OAH OAH WOAH OH OH OAH OH OAH OAH WOAH OH OH OAH OH OAH OAH

WORLD

GOES

WIIIILD

WOOOOOO!

tumblr_n21qdjjlj21saykaxo2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_n21qdjjlj21saykaxo4_250.gif

tumblr_n21qdjjlj21saykaxo3_r1_250.gif

WOAH OH OH OAH OH OAH OAH WOAH OH OH OAH OH OAH OAH WOAH OH OH OAH OH OAH OAH

Edgeward

Catching up on NXT, Rose's entrance and music - HOLY shit. They even got a Revenge of the nerds Ogre in his crew.

Booo, he should have been carried off after his win.

G-Fex

Prometheus is garbage. Fucking garbage. I'd rather watch hours of deathmatch footage while sitting in-between the Young Bucks than to ever see Prometheus again.

You know what to do boots, get this man his seat and his deathmatch dvds.
Since we're full of snitches now, I'm going to add a random wrestling aside to everything gaming related that I post. I didn't like filling bars in Black Flag, but now I'm starting to enjoy filling bars in Black Flag.

The main character looks like Raven. Paul Burchill once played a pirate.

*punch*

Hey! Listen!

UG06HlY.gif

Calling all New Japan and Toru Yano fans! Yottsume is running an indiegogo campaign to get the recently released 'YTR VTR Toru Together 2' subtitled. Now, the DVD is pretty expensive (Japan is crazy with the price of physical media), but Yottsume is looking for at least 20 people to buy the DVD through him to make this project worthwhile. The DVD costs $50, while shipping from Japan will be $15. You could just buy the DVD from Amazon.jp or Yesasia, but the costs would be roughly the same, while doing it through Yottsume shows him and New Japan that there IS demand for subtitled New Japan content in the west!

Here's the campaign page;

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ytr-vtr-toru-together-2-translation-project/x/4015039

And the trailer for YTR VTR Toru Together 2;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nBSOYmYZvQ

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Stro will find this amusing; looking at the WCW PPVs sorted by most recent there is a hole in the lineup, no April 2000 PPV. It's still there under Spring Stampede and if you search for it.

strobogo

Banned
Stro will find this amusing; looking at the WCW PPVs sorted by most recent there is a hole in the lineup, no April 2000 PPV. It's still there under Spring Stampede and if you search for it.

Good. I applaud WWE for making it harder to see that garbage.

Laserfrog

I think I'll watch Slamboree '93 today and see Lou Thesz get inducted into the presdidgious WCW hall of fame. Man I love the Network!

strobogo

Banned
Have you guys ever thought that Tony Chimel's weird speech patterns and vocal inflections could be directly caused from HBK kicking his fucking face off at WM12? That had to be the stiffest superkick of all time. BA*, Cole.

Hey! Listen!

UG06HlY.gif

Calling all New Japan and Toru Yano fans! Yottsume is running an indiegogo campaign to get the recently released 'YTR VTR Toru Together 2' subtitled. Now, the DVD is pretty expensive (Japan is crazy with the price of physical media), but Yottsume is looking for at least 20 people to buy the DVD through him to make this project worthwhile. The DVD costs $50, while shipping from Japan will be $15. You could just buy the DVD from Amazon.jp or Yesasia, but the costs would be roughly the same, while doing it through Yottsume shows him and New Japan that there IS demand for subtitled New Japan content in the west!

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ytr-vtr-toru-together-2-translation-project/x/4015039

I wonder if he'd do the same for the next one.

Aiii

So not worth it
Doing these reviews takes forever (though I am writing quite a bit along with giffing), but I'm slowly making my way though WrestleMania 11. The legendary Undertaker vs. King Kong Bundy match is up next!

CAN HE GO FOUR AND OH? The tension is unbearable.

strobogo

Banned
Doing these reviews takes forever (though I am writing quite a bit along with giffing), but I'm slowly making my way though WrestleMania 11. The legendary Undertaker vs. King Kong Bundy match is up next!

CAN HE GO FOUR AND OH? The tension is unbearable.

I think it might be Taker's worst WM match. Even worse than the match with Giant Gonzalez. Bundy was just awful. Can't believe Vince thought bringing him back would be good for anything.

Quoting for the new page;

Hey! Listen!

UG06HlY.gif

Put my money down. Hopefully he reaches the goal, as I would love to see more subbed New Japan stuff.

I wonder if he'd do the same for the next one.

He probably will, but only if there's enough interest in this one.

Aiii said:
Doing these reviews takes forever

Yeah, it's a time sink, that's for sure. I certainly won't be wasting my time doing a professional job with the Mania 28 review, though - drunken ramblings will suffice for that show, I think.

Hasney

I think it might be Taker's worst WM match. Even worse than the match with Giant Gonzalez. Bundy was just awful. Can't believe Vince thought bringing him back would be good for anything.

I find the Gonzalez one worse, but it's nit picking

FAVE FOUL FIVE UNDERTAKER WM MATCHES

1. Giant Gonzalez
2. King Kong Bundy
3. Big Boss Man
4. Sid
5. A-Train & Big Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom