• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Seriously, just stay here and occassionaly go to OT for the funny threads. I guess TV/Movie threads are relatively save to. Stay away from Gaming, stay away from other communities, stay away from political threads, LBGT threads, gender threads and religious threads.

It's good here, safe, enjoyable.

I still go to gaming a fair bit, but you just got to pick your threads wisely. The Steam thread is usually full of good people for one example.

Vylash

I actually joined mainly for gaming side, spent like a day over there and wanted to kill myself. I mainly stick to community threads and the occasional |OT| but Wrasslegaf is the best

Seriously, just stay here and occassionaly go to OT for the funny threads. I guess TV/Movie threads are relatively save to. Stay away from Gaming, stay away from other communities, stay away from political threads, LBGT threads, gender threads and religious threads.

It's good here, safe, enjoyable.

I concur with Aiii, quality advice! *shakes hand*

Seriously, OT mods are cool, but Gaming Mods are constantly making bad decisions. Modbot doesn't help either really, it just gives them anonymity.

... OMERTA

strobogo

Banned
Yeah, that opening segment was kinda sorta awful, got the feeling that "trophy" will be about the size of a Slammy from how it was presented.

WWE had their ring, trucking, rigging and various other behind the scenes crew along with one of their kids and the annoying red hat wearing "sign guy" to pose as fans to "Occupy" Raw to finally get what we wanted. Maybe my speakers weren't turned up high enough but it seemed like for a big part after the obvious plants were brought up the crowd died down a bit.

The kick resulted in just one of a series of concussions he got from that match but biggest issue from the kick is that it tore a hole the size of a quarter in his neck muscle which never healed.

It was the ring post figure four that really did him in. He bounced his head so hard on the floor that he just laid there grabbing the front of his head for a while after the hold was broken. I suspect he had a leg or groin injury in the match as well, which is probably why he was wearing jorts to wrestle in in January on TV. Bret seemed to get hurt every 3 matches in WCW, so I've always felt that Goldberg got too much shit for that kick. He did that kick in pretty much every match and never hurt anyone else with it, nor did he hurt anyone else in the ring but himself.

Aiii

So not worth it
Bret seemed to get hurt every 3 matches in WCW, so I've always felt that Goldberg got too much shit for that kick. He did that kick in pretty much every match and never hurt anyone else with it, nor did he hurt anyone else in the ring but himself.

It was an unlucky botch. Anyone being serious about giving Goldberg shit about that is just an idiot you should ignore.

Into

A damn shame we wont get to see Batista vs Orton at Mania

That train wreck would have served a great lesson to McMahon and his cronies, yet they someone had the wits to put Bryan in there and essentially saving the whole match.

Batista vs Orton would have made Hunter vs Y2J and Hunter vs Orton seem like super over matches.

Now Bryan is guarantied to beat Hunter at Mania. Just a few years ago he lost in 18 seconds to that talentless bore Sheamus. And the irony of it all is that the yes chants really started after he lost that match. Bryan got more over by losing by 18 seconds at Mania than Sheamus got by beating him.

strobogo

Banned

That train wreck would have served a great lesson to McMahon and his cronies, yet they someone had the wits to put Bryan in there and essentially saving the whole match.

Batista vs Orton would have made Hunter vs Y2J and Hunter vs Orton seem like super over matches.

Now Bryan is guarantied to beat Hunter at Mania. Just a few years ago he lost in 18 seconds to that talentless bore Sheamus. And the irony of it all is that the yes chants really started after he lost that match. Bryan got more over by losing by 18 seconds at Mania than Sheamus got by beating him.

I watched 18 last night and HHH vs Jericho was a lot more over than people seem to remember.

31464.jpg

Hasney

I watched 18 last night and HHH vs Jericho was a lot more over than people seem to remember.

Oh yeah, the crowd there were super into it. I remember being on a wrestling board at the time and no-one really being into it there because the result was obvious and Steph feat. Doggy H being involved, but the live crowd were hyped.

Ithil

I like how much the WWE seem to revere Andre the Giant, and remember him. That lifesize statue of him in the entrance hall of WWE's headquarters, him being front and center in the WWE signature at the start of each show, now this Memorial battle royale.
It's pretty neat.

strobogo

Banned
I like how much the WWE seem to revere Andre the Giant, and remember him. That lifesize statue of him in the entrance hall of WWE's headquarters, him being front and center in the WWE signature at the start of each show, now this Memorial battle royale.
It's pretty neat.

The best thing that can happen from the battle royal is that Hogan comes out and takes the trophy, saying he deserves it since he beat Andre.

It's pretty neat.
Even though he was fucking terrible

jred2k

The best thing that can happen from the battle royal is that Hogan comes out and takes the trophy, saying he deserves it since he beat Andre.

He'll press that giant statue over his head right there in the SuperDome in front of 127,000 screaming Hulkamaniacs, brother!

I've been looking back at WrassleGAF pages that I have missed and caught stro's review of a Michael Hayes match. He doesn't like Michael Hayes: stro is definitely in my fave five.

You know how it went Hogan, then Austin, then Cena?

Andre is before Hogan. He's on that level, draw wise. He kept them going, at great cost to himself, which Vince knows.

jred2k

WrassleGaf, I feel like tonight's the night. I will dive back into Wrestlemania 6....I hope that I can finish it.

Stop it, there are worse ways to spend your time than watching WM6. You knew what you signed up for when you volunteered to write a review.

Now, which is worse, gaming-side stealing Vince .gifs, or other sports(hockey here)?

2dHNVgS.gif

kiguel182

Man, that Bryan segment was so good. They should've done it at Chicago since the crowd was easily the worst part of it.

Just really well executed, Bryan was at his best and his whole stance was spot on. Triple H and Steph played the perfect heels and really sold the Bryan "rebellion". I was afraid this was just for the HHH vs Bryan match but then Bryan adds the stipulation most people wanted and just made it a perfect segment. If they had done this in Chicago the audience would've gone crazy for it.

The rest of the show was bussiness as usual, Cena with his lame jokes, a good tag team match and nothing more that springs to my mind. I still don't understand why they are introducing Rusev like this but once he starts kicking ass he will be fine.

Hopefully Bryan wins at the end, or else this was just a waste of time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stop it, there are worse ways to spend your time than watching WM6. You knew what you signed up for when you volunteered to write a review.

Now, which is worse, gaming-side stealing Vince .gifs, or other sports(hockey here)?

2dHNVgS.gif

Who in the world is that and why is his head so tiny?!

Scottify

My favorite duo of the show was HHH & Steph. Man did they hype that feud up, en fuego as it were.

I'm also all aboard the Bray Wyatt hype train. I think Cena will do the right thing a 'Mania and put him over. It's obviously what's best for business.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The tears are going to be amazing when Bryan doesn't quite cut it at the Mania Main Event and we get an Evolution reunion.

Jamie OD

We might still get it for Raw After Mania. Fingers crossed that we will.

The tears are going to be amazing when Bryan doesn't quite cut it at the Mania Main Event and we get an Evolution reunion.
It's a perfect setup and Vince does listen to the fans but with his own agenda. He knows the main event will be a mess. So adding bryan will calm the storm then end it with Orton standing tall seeing how he is getting no reaction at all. I mean all Vince did was drag everyone back in. How many people have already declared their getting the network or will start watching again he is a genius !

Vylash

Bryan loses,and they bring Bray out who Cena beat earlier in the night and cover him with slime and hit their finishers on him, Flair comes out and puts Bryan in the figure four and makes him tap

evolution_group.jpg

ir0KkfvdYogf.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's a perfect setup and Vince does listen to the fans but with his own agenda. He knows the main event will be a mess. So adding bryan will calm the storm then end it with Orton standing tall seeing how he is getting no reaction at all. I mean all Vince did was drag everyone back in. How many people have already declared their getting the network or will start watching again he is a genius !

It is VERY sad for me to say that I know someone who refused to buy the Network because he didn't like the Authority. Then, as of last night, he subscribed.

I just don't grasp the concept of someone NOT looking at it as a great value. It's baffling.

Sephzilla

I'm also all aboard the Bray Wyatt hype train. I think Cena will do the right thing a 'Mania and put him over. It's obviously what's best for business.

I have a bad feeling that Bray Wyatt's going to get buried so deep he'll be able to say hi to Wade Barrett on the way down.

Hasney

It is VERY sad for me to say that I know someone who refused to buy the Network because he didn't like the Authority. Then, as of last night, he subscribed.

I just don't grasp the concept of someone NOT looking at it as a great value. It's baffling.

I think a lot of people look at it as sending the wrong message about the current product, whereas for me, all the old shit makes the price worth it. If the current product becomes unwatchable, I don't care. The live PPVs are a bonus to me, not the draw.

I have a bad feeling that Bray Wyatt's going to get buried so deep he'll be able to say hi to Wade Barrett on the way down.

Probably, but I did mark out for him bringing back "Tiiiimmmeeee is on my side" again, so that alone should let him go over.

Kaladin

Let me tell ya something Mean Gene, I must continue. Not for myself, but for the sake of the Hulkamaniacs everywhere. Take your vitamins, brother.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think a lot of people look at it as sending the wrong message about the current product, whereas for me, all the old shit makes the price worth it. If the current product becomes unwatchable, I don't care. The live PPVs are a bonus to me, not the draw.

Yeah, it's weird. I'm exactly the same. The message I am sending is "I WILL WATCH ALL OF THE OLD SHIT AND NEW" - and that's a message I'm not afraid to send or think it sets a bad precedence. I love it maggle!

Sephzilla

Probably, but I did mark out for him bringing back "Tiiiimmmeeee is on my side" again, so that alone should let him go over.

If Bray goes over Cena at Wrestlemania that will almost cement that D-Bry gets the strap at the end of the show. Aint no way both super heroes are losing at WM30.

Hasney

I'm contributing to gaming-side. It's not the minefield we pretend it is. Be logical and good, and you won't get banned. No mod would ban someone for a reasonable viewpoint, as long as you're not calling people names.

I don't know. Shark Johnson's ban-worthy post has legit shook me into making me a little gun-shy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom