• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I actually look at HBK taking all that time off from the back injury and finally getting clean as a net positive. His comeback run was nothing short of phenomenal and likely would not have happened if he had wrassled throughout the Attitude era.

Regal and Goldust also had amazing second careers after finally getting clean.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I seriously do not get people who want him to be the next Stone Cold.

Why the fuck does anybody have to be the next Stone Cold? Last night's segment was awesome because it fit the character of Daniel Bryan. It's something pretty much nobody on the roster could pull off and its certainly something Stone Cold would never do.

They did an amazing job last night finally getting to where it should have been. Its just bizarre how people are still unhappy. JR is right.

G-Fex

I think the notion that he has been neutered comes from mistaking his character with CM Punk's.

Daniel Bryan is not there to challenge the WWE as a busisness on some kind of meta-comentary, even if that is what is actually happening since the royal rumble.

During Raw, some poster who sadly I forget who it is said that this is them moving past the meta-talk and doing an actual wrestling angle. I agree.

I'll give some credit to bryan, at least he didn't trip over his words and just lose steam in arguing with HHH like CM Punk did.

Once HHH was telling him about "Well, Rey Mysterio was a champion and wasn't a big guy, wtf is your point?" Punk then just proved he was a dingus by stumbling his cruddy promos

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone is turning on Bryan because it's fun to hate what's popular. Team Sunny reigns victorious.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I seriously do not get people who want him to be the next Stone Cold.

Why the fuck does anybody have to be the next Stone Cold? Last night's segment was awesome because it fit the character of Daniel Bryan. It's something pretty much nobody on the roster could pull off and its certainly something Stone Cold would never do.

They did an amazing job last night finally getting to where it should have been. Its just bizarre how people are still unhappy. JR is right.

I never expected him to be full on Stone Cold but a lot of us wanted him to go nuts on HHH, oh, I don't know, early fall of last year? Especially considering he had just come off of an angle where he was a recovering rageaholic. Glad they got back to it.

I'll give some credit to bryan, at least he didn't trip over his words and just lose steam in arguing with HHH like CM Punk did.

Once HHH was telling him about "Well, Rey Mysterio was a champion and wasn't a big guy, wtf is your point?" Punk then just proved he was a dingus by stumbling his cruddy promos

Interesting, I never saw it that way, but it makes sense now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Everyone is turning on Bryan because it's fun to hate what's popular. Team Sunny reigns victorious.

I don't think its a matter of hating what's popular, because if that was true people would have disliked Bryan to begin with. The real reason is that its easy to mistake "Fuck this company" for "Push Daniel Bryan." What people actually were actually in favor of was the former sentiment, not the latter.

Sblargh

Banned
He is a vegan hippie who wrestled, non-ironically, under the name American Dragon who is about to marry the bella twim who does not have the fake breasts and before the hashtag her girlfriend created used his twitter mainly to post pictures of his dog.

I would argue that being corny is his real self.

jmdajr

He is a vegan hippie who wrestled, non-ironically, under the name American Dragon who is about to marry the bella twim who does not have the fake breasts and before the hashtag her girlfriend created used his twitter mainly to post pictures of his dog.

I AM WRESTLER!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
What? lol

So the shirts, the chants, the signs, all of that was okay, but the second they give him a twitter # to push they push to far?

Did you think the WWE were going to push him as a top babyface and not treat him like a top babyface?
I'm just saying let it happen naturally (which it was), my whole crux has been how forced they made the situation especially with last night's segment. Don't dampen the value of your own material when the thing writes itself otherwise it's just tedious.
Brie and Bryan came up with the Yes movement thing. WWE just approved it. Yes he is getting neutered by beating Triple H and winning the title at WrestleMania. The first guy to do that.

I just want to hear how people would book getting to the Triple H match and getting a title shot?

Also, this thread has a problem of too many people doing gimmicks so it hard to tell what there true opinion is.
Yes I know B & B came up with it, it still rings hollow and I'm speaking of his character being neutered, which I guess is just supposed to be accepted around here because hey! Punk got neutered when he was a face and Cena never changes right? I want room for the characters to grow, I want it to feel natural, make me care, make it real to me dammit! Stop constantly bashing me over the head reminding me that the show is a goddamn show, I already know that. The main reason I'm enjoying Bray now so much is because he owns that fucking character, he is that pseudo-religous fedora motherfucker spouting verses of a text that does not exist. It's as Liu Kang Baking a Pie said in regards to Bryan "that's not what we really want" was the only honest moment of that character in the segment.

Anyway, enough head splitting. I'm more interested in seeing Taker and Brock have a faux MMA match.

Aiii

So not worth it
Starting now, everyone stop marking for Cesaro. It's for your own good.
Can't wait for him to get a serious push so everyone can turn on him too.

Soon everyone here has to cheer for The Miz because they have nobody else left.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Exactly and thats why hes awesome.

I think Daniel Bryan is way better than Stone Cold ever was.

G-Fex

is happening right now.

Seriously I can't think of a single title reign that has been worse than Ortons. Boring matches, boring character, boring angles, he really just is Randy Boreton.

this doesn't count too much, we don't even see him that much, it feels more like it's in ambiance adyeance..

whatever that fucking word was

Anth0ny

remeber when Bryan got angry at Cena for being an Entertainer. Where is that Bryan???

that bryan didn't draw

is happening right now.

Seriously I can't think of a single title reign that has been worse than Ortons. Boring matches, boring character, boring angles, he really just is Randy Boreton.

it's unbelievable how much they don't care about the number 1 contender and the champ. Like... they were ignored TOTALLY last night (outside of the match, obviously). At least when Cena is champ and everyone hates him he's still involved in the show, as the champ should be. Orton is fucking invisible, as is Batista.

somedevil

Bryan is just playing himself. I don't see him really as the angry guy. He is the nice guy people can relate too who can go to for an autograph and not be afraid like with Punk.

He is not going to cut promos like Austin or do a promo on Triple H saying how he was a B+ player until Mick Foley got him over like Punk.

People forgot he started as a character who abused AJ, became some character with an anger problem, then formed a tag team with Kane doing hugs and then did the weak link character. Now he is just playing a version of himself.

strobogo

Banned
This entire heel run for Orton was ruined the second HHH said it was his title and Orton was just holding it for him and Orton didn't even react.

shitty pandering awful Bryan been happening for ages now:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=78538865&postcount=11967

it's just the rest of the folks coming along now.

even back then it was so obvious people cared more about how Bryan was booked than Bryan himself.
he was essentially over with the internet marks cause he was not Cena.
the same way Ziggler is over cause he's not Cena.
same way Miz (fuckin Miz!!) was over for a while cause he was not Cena.

now that Bryan is becoming Cena, people turn on him.

you'll join me in the Big E hating sun soon as well:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=78105421&postcount=10339

This entire heel run for Orton was ruined the second HHH said it was his title and Orton was just holding it for him and Orton didn't even react.

This. I don't know how you take the viper and turn him into a cowardly heel, ducking Bryan and content to be H's paper champion. Just seemed to go against all his character building over the past 5+ years.

Big One

Banned
Daniel Bryan has been one of the top performers in the industry for nearly ten years now, so I'm happy to just see him wrestle personally as a fan. On a more money-making note, simply put the best decision will be to put the strap on Bryan right now. Batista won't be a huge deal until Guardians comes out, which imo will be put on him at Summerslam if they want to do a Batista run to tie into the movie.

Sblargh

Banned
Randy Orton should be to singles what the shield and the wyatts are being in their storylines, i.e., the person who doesn't care about titles, who wants to be feared, the predator really, stalking whoever is on top just for the sake of stalking whoever is on top.

Being a paper champion really is the opposite of not just his character, but all of his mannerisms, in-ring style, looks. Talk about burial via bad booking, they made the viper boring.

So the ICW doc. Grado is awesome but I already knew that. The booker seemed to be genuinely drunk half the time which is fine I guess but a little weird.

I don't need gushing blading in my wrestling any more. That put me right off. Apart from that I wouldn't actually mind going to one of their shows some time.

Hilarious to watch the Internet turn on Bryan. He isn't a great stick man but who cares? His strength has always been in the ring and his natural charisma which shines in both his matches and his entrance. With WWE creative writing scrips all faces will be kinda corny and bland. If Cesaro gets over they will do the same to him as well.

I am still a Bryan mark because he can wrestle his ass off. He is so much fun to watch in the ring and that is most important thing right now as long as Stephanie is running creative. A mediocre worker cannot get over in this environment due to creative so the top guys have to be great workers.

Bryan reminds me of Bret Hart. A top guy in the ring but a mediocre at best interview(until 96 when Bret improved a ton). I think Bryan will do well as he has more natural charisma than Bret did and is just as good in the ring.

Of course now that the company is supporting him he sucks and Cesaro, Zayn, Ziggler, Wyatt and The Sheild are the future. Until they get company support, then they will suck too. I hate the IWC sometimes.

strobogo

Banned
Fave Five (Plus Five) WM Matches:

1. Stone Cold vs Rock WM 17
2. Hulk Hogan vs Warrior WM 6
3. Randy Savage vs Warrior WM 7
4. HHH vs HBK vs Chris Benoit WM 20
5. Stone Cold vs Bret Hart WM 13
6. Owen Hart vs Bret Hart WM 10
7. Booker T. vs HHH WM 19
8. HBK vs Undertaker WM 25
9. HBK vs Undertaker WM 26
10. HBK vs Ric Flair WM 24

Honorable mentions go to Taker vs Flair, Bret vs Piper, Savage vs Flair, Savage vs Steamboat, Vince vs Hogan, Vince vs HBK. Anything after 3 is really completely interchangeable for me.

Daniel Bryan has been one of the top performers in the industry for nearly ten years now, so I'm happy to just see him wrestle personally as a fan. On a more money-making note, simply put the best decision will be to put the strap on Bryan right now. Batista won't be a huge deal until Guardians comes out, which imo will be put on him at Summerslam if they want to do a Batista run to tie into the movie.
How bad does that sound just put it on Bryan until Brotista movie comes out. Transitional champ indeed .

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Moves I'd perform on other Wrasslegaffers:

FallingEdge would get a press slam
Strobogo would get a powerbomb that he reverses into a sunset flip
jmdajr would get a Pedigree
Ithil would get a flying knee
Bootaaay would get a big splash through 3 tables and light tubes

How bad does that sound just put it on Bryan until Brotista movie comes out. Transitional champ indeed .

It doesn't really sound bad at all.

Honestly, the plan should be for Bryan to only hold the belt a couple months or so anyway. Dude is going to want to take some time off for his marraige/honeymoon this spring anyway, right? I mean, he's stated publicly that he and Brie were waiting until after Wrestlemania to schedule their wedding, so they'd have some time off, so I'm sure he's not thinking he's going to take the belt with him while he's on hiatus.

Fave Five (Plus Five) WM Matches:

1. Stone Cold vs Rock WM 17
2. Hulk Hogan vs Warrior WM 6
3. Randy Savage vs Warrior WM 7
4. HHH vs HBK vs Chris Benoit WM 20
5. Stone Cold vs Bret Hart WM 13
6. Owen Hart vs Bret Hart WM 10
7. Booker T. vs HHH WM 19
8. HBK vs Undertaker WM 25
9. HBK vs Undertaker WM 26
10. HBK vs Ric Flair WM 24

Honorable mentions go to Taker vs Flair, Bret vs Piper, Savage vs Flair, Savage vs Steamboat, Vince vs Hogan, Vince vs HBK. Anything after 3 is really completely interchangeable for me.

Vince vs. Hogan is severely underrated, I am glad you listed it because the storytelling is so good. I love your list but there has to be a mention for Rock vs. Hogan. That match was great!!

Funny as much as Hogan "sucks" as a Wrestler he seems to have a nice list of good matches.

strobogo

Banned
Vince vs. Hogan is severely underrated, I am glad you listed it because the storytelling is so good. I love your list but there has to be a mention for Rock vs. Hogan. That match was great!!

Funny as much as Hogan "sucks" as a Wrestler he seems to have a nice list of good matches.

Vince dropping a guillotine leg drop off a ladder through a table is one of the best spots in WWE history. One of the only times I've ever popped for Roddy Piper as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom