• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people from this part of Scotland just talk that way. I didn't think he was drunk.

I'm from scotland dude, I know drunk when I see it. Talking heads bits and when he was at home he seemed sober. At the arena not so much. It's not like they're WWE or anything I just found it weird.

Ithil

I think the notion that he has been neutered comes from mistaking his character with CM Punk's.

Daniel Bryan is not there to challenge the WWE as a busisness on some kind of meta-comentary, even if that is what is actually happening since the royal rumble.

During Raw, some poster who sadly I forget who it is said that this is them moving past the meta-talk and doing an actual wrestling angle. I agree.

That was me. I'm bored of all the meta, worked shoot, kayfabe breaking nonsense. The talk about sales, and draws, and face of the company, "personas", and using all the backstage stuff as the angle, it bores me stiff these days.
I'd rather they just did a good wrestling angle.

XenoRaven

Sometimes I only skim pages for specific key words or things that might catch my interest so I hope you'll all forgive me if I'm missing the obvious.

Two pages ago I saw several posts talking about people, apparently in this thread, that have "turned" on Bryan.

I would like to conduct a roll call of people who liked Daniel Bryan before March 10, 2014, and as of today, March 11, 2014, no longer like him.

strobogo

Banned
The worst thing about Big Show is that A. His finisher is totally an illegal closed fist and B. He could literally walk in the ring and punch someone in the face and win right away but never does. All the time he spends chopping people in the corner, he could just punch t hem instead. It isn't a finisher where you need to wear someone down. It's a punch. People throw 30 punches a match. Why doesn't Show just punch right away?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like every single WWE B-Show has a Rybaxel match.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fave Five (Plus Five) WM Matches:

1. Stone Cold vs Rock WM 17
2. Hulk Hogan vs Warrior WM 6
3. Randy Savage vs Warrior WM 7
4. HHH vs HBK vs Chris Benoit WM 20
5. Stone Cold vs Bret Hart WM 13
6. Owen Hart vs Bret Hart WM 10
7. Booker T. vs HHH WM 19
8. HBK vs Undertaker WM 25
9. HBK vs Undertaker WM 26
10. HBK vs Ric Flair WM 24

Honorable mentions go to Taker vs Flair, Bret vs Piper, Savage vs Flair, Savage vs Steamboat, Vince vs Hogan, Vince vs HBK. Anything after 3 is really completely interchangeable for me.

anglehbk.jpg

XenoRaven

The worst thing about Big Show is that A. His finisher is totally an illegal closed fist and B. He could literally walk in the ring and punch someone in the face and win right away but never does. All the time he spends chopping people in the corner, he could just punch t hem instead. It isn't a finisher where you need to wear someone down. It's a punch. People throw 30 punches a match. Why doesn't Show just punch right away?
To be fair the chokeslam is technically also illegal.

DKehoe

I'm from scotland dude, I know drunk when I see it. Talking heads bits and when he was at home he seemed sober. At the arena not so much. It's not like they're WWE or anything I just found it weird.

Fair enough, I was thinking about the at home/talking head parts more. The arena bits did seem like he was drinking then. Also, sorry if that came across like I was trying to say you didn't know what you were talking about. That wasn't my intention.

Hopefully this leads to ICW growing in popularity. I've read Grado is going to be in a few comedy programmes soon.

Fair enough, I was thinking about the at home/talking head parts more. The arena bits did seem like he was drinking then. Also, sorry if that came across like I was trying to say you didn't know what you were talking about. That wasn't my intention.

Hopefully this leads to ICW growing in popularity. I've read Grado is going to be in a few comedy programmes soon.

Hey no worries man. I wonder if Paul E ever got wasted at an ECW show. No seriously ECW was a party at times you have to wonder.

strobogo

Banned
Has there ever been an every body talks too much segment devoted to Angle/Bork at WM19? Kurt isn't just getting picked up on mics, he's full on yelling spots the whole match.

I want Bryan to make money and be a top guy. I got my wish. Don't need him to be Stone Cold 2.0. Don't need him to have great mic skills or coming out in beer trucks. This "yes movement" character is good for him. It fits him better than anything he's ever had. After listening to tons of interviews, dudes a total pushover and too nice. He's the opposite of Punk. To say the YES shit doesn't fit his character is just flat out wrong imo. It's what got him over to begin with.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What does "wae" mean? I don't understand Grado at all.

Also shit, AJ's gonna lose. Bail out Aiii. She even has a cape. AJ's fucked.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh shit Total Divas S2 is this coming Sunday? I AM READY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom