• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
Not sure about the background music they're using on this BBC doc about Scottish wrestling. Not quite sure if they're taking the piss or not.

jmdajr

If the ring was full of smarks instead of plants, would you say that would have looked better or worse. You know, just visually.

Rapstah

If the ring was full of smarks instead of plants, would you say that would have looked better or worse. You know, just visually.

tumblr_n293i5lfVb1rdw9rjo1_400.gif

remnant

Banned
people here tend to turn on guys pretty quickly but I'm legit suprised so many people here have turned on Bryan so quickly.

On the night they give you what proclaim to want.

people here tend to turn on guys pretty quickly but I'm legit suprised so many people here have turned on Bryan so quickly.

"We wanted them to do it because we forced them to do it by making him the biggest star, not because they wanted him to be the biggest star and to think that we forced them to do it"

Or something.

Laserfrog

Well it's probably on regular air TV as well, but everyone just has cable TV here.

We get 60 Mbit no data cap internet, phone and basic cable with HD and interactive PVR shit all in one for 50 euro.
All I get is a tin can connected to a string and a cardboard box.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Well that's your opinion but I find it funny some people are just nitpicking it because the WWE is actually pushing him now. Its like people want him to get the title without WWE's influence and help which is impossible.

Sorry to say its working because its getting big ratings and is the best storyline so far of the top 4 matches.

Can't wait till the Cesaro push when some will turn on him because he isn't a secret or cool because the WWE has noticed people like him.
My point isn't "oh they're pushing him now, so I don't like him" it just feels more so as though he's been neutered rather than groomed for a top position. A company approved #yesmovement and a forced cringe segment. To me it's just so awkwardly booked, my mind is full of fuck this company.
An Occupy inspired angle 2 years after it had been relevant is super organic for WWE though.
I'm sure Vince felt it was very topical.

As I said before it's the road to the top that people love the second they get on top fans will turn in the snap of a finger .

He's not himself right now. He's like "this isn't your ring, this is THEIR ring!" It's not his personality. They're forcing a character on him that doesn't fit. He's not Cena.

If Austin came out to play Hogan, people would've shit all over that.

remnant

Banned
My point isn't "oh they're pushing him now, so I don't like him" it just feels more so as though he's been neutered rather than groomed for a top position. A company approved #yesmovement and a forced cringe segment. To me it's just so awkwardly booked, my mind is full of fuck this company.

What? lol

So the shirts, the chants, the signs, all of that was okay, but the second they give him a twitter # to push they push to far?

Did you think the WWE were going to push him as a top babyface and not treat him like a top babyface?

somedevil

Brie and Bryan came up with the Yes movement thing. WWE just approved it. Yes he is getting neutered by beating Triple H and winning the title at WrestleMania. The first guy to do that.

I just want to hear how people would book getting to the Triple H match and getting a title shot?

Also, this thread has a problem of too many people doing gimmicks so it hard to tell what there true opinion is.

The odd thing to me is how straight they played it given how Republican that company is. Also I didn't cringe at the segment because "Daniel Bryan surrounded in the ring with chanting fans" is the type of imagery that they love. It's a visual art more than anything and you will see that in every video package for Bryan from here on out.

It's his Boyhood Dream, Pipebomb, Coconut-to-head, etc

G-Fex

I haven't! We will stand together and YES our way straight to WrassleMania Thirty!

see there you go.

I thought you daniel bryan fans would be happy, you got what you wanted. He started from the bottom now he's here.

Now shut up and watch your #yes movement

jmdajr

people still love his wrestling

these face promos are corny though.

It's the comedy shit that got him over.

I mean what is Daniel Bryan's REAL personality.

From the interviews he seems pretty laid back. In reality the fans put him in a position he probably doesn't want to be in.

Like Truth said. You should be booing yourselves!

He's not himself right now. He's like "this isn't your ring, this is THEIR ring!" It's not his personality. They're forcing a character on him that doesn't fit. He's not Cena.

If Austin came out to play Hogan, people would've shit all over that.
Of course he is not himself he is going to be the champ vince wants him as. You think booker t enjoyed having to be king booker just to win the title .

It's telling that we all marked when Bryan finally said "that's not what we really want." He started to speak truth at that point. He was true to himself and authentic to himself and the fans. Everything before that was like "uh...."

remnant

Banned

Sblargh

Banned
I think the notion that he has been neutered comes from mistaking his character with CM Punk's.

Daniel Bryan is not there to challenge the WWE as a busisness on some kind of meta-comentary, even if that is what is actually happening since the royal rumble.

During Raw, some poster who sadly I forget who it is said that this is them moving past the meta-talk and doing an actual wrestling angle. I agree.

Anth0ny

People don't like to admit it but they liked being pissed. They like the conflict. That's what glues them to the TV.

It's so true.

One month ago, Bryan is getting buried. Shit merch, Raw goes off the air every week with him knocked out, Orton/Batista seems like a certainty. Everyone in this thread says fuck this company.

Last night, Bryan is the #1 guy in the company. He's placed in the championship match like we all wanted, he FINALLY has a shirt/merch that isn't appallingly bad, and Raw goes off the air with him pinning the champ clean.

Everyone in this thread says fuck this company.

He's no Steve Austin on the mic, but to turn on him after yesterday is fucking ridiculous imo. We finally got what we wanted, and for once I'm actually going to enjoy it. Haven't said that since the build up to Summer Slam last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom