• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
How has Bryan turned into Cena? By actually winning matches? That's such bullshit. Bryan the character is basically Bryan the person. The only difference is that now he gets to win and not be made to look like a pussy every week. If people are now pissed that Bryan is getting pushed like they've wanted for the past 2 years, then they need to stop watching wrestling because they're shit heads that are going to bitch no matter what.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How many Divas can act and cut a promo on the level of AJ? Certainly not the Bella's, Funkadactyls, Eva and definitely not Natalya.

Hell, Carmella DeCesare could cut a better promo than 90% of the divas locker room. Certainly would've gotten her in the main event if she got 1/10th the rub AJ got.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How has Bryan turned into Cena? By actually winning matches? That's such bullshit. Bryan the character is basically Bryan the person. The only difference is that now he gets to win and not be made to look like a pussy every week. If people are now pissed that Bryan is getting pushed like they've wanted for the past 2 years, then they need to stop watching wrestling because they're shit heads that are going to bitch no matter what.

He's in the way of the Majestic God-Man, Batista. I can't have him take the spotlight. Fuck Bryan!

"This is THEIR ring!" Cringey as shit.

Ithil

Why do we think there's going to be a title change tonight?

Can we somehow make it Big Es?

The thinking is that they're gonna want to make the new live Main Event seem important and a title change is a possible way of doing that. I thought the Divas title would change but I think the US title is being carried to WM by Ambrose.

How many Divas can act and cut a promo on the level of AJ? Certainly not the Bella's, Funkadactyls, Eva and definitely not Natalya.

lol, her promos are essentially "i'm not like these other trashy Divas" snoozefests.

any of them can cut a promo like that. fuck, give an open mic to the Bellas and they would probably tear her a new one.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A lot of people are kind of getting a bad taste in their mouths because Bryan's "homegrown" direction and promos feel artificial as hell, whether it's really him or not. It's just not exciting and it doesn't feel fresh. It feels like it was designed by a committee that has been told what affects people, but doesn't truly understand.

To their credit, Trips and Stephanie DO know what's making this tick, but whoever is scripting Bryan...

DMczaf

id0YpMpTAazaT.gif

ioEXHHPHcZ1qN.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I like how the narrative of the thread has been "OMG you guys hate Bryan!" when the posts don't even say that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, AJ gets Michelle McCool treatment because of who she's fucking.

Which is to say, they let her say whatever the fuck she wants. They don't let anyone else in the diva roster do that.

Ithil

They seem to have forgotten that it's kind of normal for a top guy to rarely lose. Booking a guy strongly is a huge part of getting him over as a top star.
You didn't see Hogan or Austin losing all the time.

Just because Cena was pushed horribly as a top face, doesn't mean the concept of "a face that wins matches" is soured forever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can go for Mark Henry getting the US Belt. GO MARK GO

ioo17lSD8Bqjb.gif

I guess all the times Hogan, Warrior, Sting, Flair, Funk and on and on said similar things was cringey as shit as well and they all totally sucked. Do you think Bryan is hanging out writing his own promos?

It's not a permanent thing. You can say cringeworthy shit and still salvage your character. Bryan can too. But right now, I couldn't feel like his promos are more fake and manufactured. It feels overwhelming.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Also, AJ gets Michelle McCool treatment because of who she's fucking.

Which is to say, they let her say whatever the fuck she wants. They don't let anyone else in the diva roster do that.
Except for the part where they evidently don't let her say what she wants cause another diva bitched about her promo.

i always defended, and this goes back to early last year, that Bryan should have a Dean Malenko/pre-homicide Benoit gimmick.

short guy, killer moves, few words.

his promo should consist on how he's gonna tear Orton apart limb by limb or how HHH can't Pedigree him with his faced caved in.

that's it, simple booking.

strobogo

Banned
I can go for Mark Henry getting the US Belt. GO MARK GO

It's not a permanent thing. You can say cringeworthy shit and still salvage your character. Bryan can too. But right now, I couldn't feel like his promos are more fake and manufactured. It feels overwhelming.

That's EVERYONE's promos besides Wyatt. No one's promos sound more scripted and unauthentic than Orton's.

Holy Jesus the Booker/RVD mash up theme at WM 20 is FUCKING TERRIBLE.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Except for the part where they evidently don't let her say what she wants cause another diva bitched about her promo.

That doesn't wipe the existence of the first time she got to do that promo.

I'm sure some of the divas would like to come out and tell AJ her little gamer gurl tilt head to the side shtick is getting old.

Sokantish

I'm sure some of the divas would like to come out and tell AJ her little gamer gurl tilt head to the side shtick is getting old.

Yeah I hate how she just goes on endlessly about all the video game she plays in her promos. It's so annoying!

Ithil

Sorry I'm imagining the Bellas or Natalya trying to do a pipebomb worked shoot promo and it's kind of funny.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

They have a direct line to Steph, I saw it on #totaldivas. There is no reason they couldn't have asked for a feud with AJ and be allowed to air their grievances as well. Instead they just didn't want the #truthcauseithurts.

Aiii

So not worth it
AJ has been getting pushed since 2012, and she's been with Punk since summer 2013. Your explanation of her position in the company and the timeline just don't line up.

Could it be AJ is actually just good and actually earned some of what she got?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom