• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess all the times Hogan, Warrior, Sting, Flair, Funk and on and on said similar things was cringey as shit as well and they all totally sucked. Do you think Bryan is hanging out writing his own promos?
That's the point. Last week Cena said "I hear you, you want something new, but they have to go through me." Now you're pointing out how Bryan isn't new and is just like everyone before him. People got behind him initially because he was good and different. Same with Punk.

I wonder why they had Bryan pin Orton on Raw cleanly. Not sure I agree with how they ended the show last night. Making me really nervous here. Not sure my dude Bryan will be going over in the main event.

Am i the only one that misses Marks comb over? The bald look isn't clicking with me.

I wish Bryan was better on the mic but you guys are nitpicking way too much. You're all jizzing over the Wyatts when i'm positive GAF will say they're boring in a few weeks. Hell, IIRC people were turning on them around Summerslam time. Also remember the time you guys liked Miz? lol

strobogo

Banned
The Gene/Brain vs Mae/Moolah segment at WM 20 is one of my favorite cameos of all time. Brain kills in it. Especially as he's getting dragged away and saying he hasn't been well, his doctor wouldn't approve. And that they were playing poker. "Let me show you my puppies!" "They're barking."

I'm honestly shocked that so many in here turned on D.Brine.

Some people just ask too much from the company. It's like we want this guy pushed but no don't push him.

No matter what you do with Bryan people are sold on him through his WRASSLIN alone and they're willing to see through the yes movement stuff. I know I am. It's all just a way for the wwe to monetize Daniel Bryan's brand and hopefully make him a draw.

antonz

AJ has been getting pushed since 2012, and she's been with Punk since summer 2013. Your explanation of her position in the company and the timeline just don't line up.

Could it be AJ is actually just good and actually earned some of what she got?

I have to imagine there is a degree of respect on Vince's part that AJ lives and breathes wrestling. She isn't just a model looking to take a stepping stone in wrestling to something else.

Vince loves the whole models and big stars thing but he has also been big on the people who were 100% into the business if they could draw people in.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hope not. That was one of the most unprofessional things I have ever seen. Whether he was justified or not it made Shawn look like a petty asshole.

And that's exactly what he was. Shawn is a fucking dickface.

And that's exactly what he was. Shawn is a fucking dickface.

I am glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. Loved his work in the ring but always thought he was a dickhead. That Summerslam match really pissed me off, no one thought Hogan was in the same league as Shawn in the ring but to do that was just so disrespectful to a guy who helped pave the way for Shawn and a whole lot of others to make a ton of money.

PInk Tape

Banned
Rewatched the Bray/Cena promo and wow way to make Bray look like a fool.
You couldn't have toned it down a tad? Maybe to make Bray seem a bit menacing or something?

somedevil

Smackdown Spoiler:

* Cody Rhodes and Goldust defeat Jack Swagger and Cesaro. More tension between The Real Americans here. Goldust gets taken out and they double team Cody until The Usos make the save.

3 way please!!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
But he changed and was born again! Part of me has always thought the born again stuff was a work.

It could be. He also claims it is the reason he got clean though so I accept it for that. Drugged up Shawn is about twenty times the asshole clean Shawn is...though he's still an asshole.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It could be. He also claims it is the reason he got clean though so I accept it for that. Drugged up Shawn is about twenty times the asshole clean Shawn is...though he's still an asshole.

I always felt like it was an easy out for him to never have to TRULY own up to a lot of shit he did. It's a shitty was for me to judge someone but I can't lie.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I always felt like it was an easy out for him to never have to TRULY own up to a lot of shit he did. It's a shitty was for me to judge someone but I can't lie.

To be fair there is a ton of precedence with celebrity born again conversions doing exactly this (with some of them admitting to it when they backslid) but hey, whatever works for you. If it takes foisting the blame on an irreligious lifestyle to put that shit in the back window and you stick to it, more power to you brother.

Anth0ny

bh7megN.jpg

I'm watching Backlash 99 for some reason, and Triple H is about to come out, then this shit plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw8VWACacjk

I'm surprised Triple H didn't bury Jim Johnston when he got power after that. You don't give Mr. H's a jobber theme. Also Chyna's titties are sagging to hell. Like she gave up on her muscle tits.

he went through a weird period in 2003 too where he started wearing mid-length short tights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom