• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
QFaGJwR.gif

How do people stay in threads in gaming side that have massive gifs every other post?

Ladder War V confirmed for ROH's Supercard of Honor VIII;

9t7Oqsf.jpg

Should be pretty awesome - I know practically no-one here's watching ROH TV, but Cole's improved a ton over this title reign, can't wait to see this match.

strobogo

Banned
Also Bionic, get an add on for whatever browser you use so gifs only play if you hover or click them. Makes everything go so much smoother.

WM 20 is totally edited. Neither of Ultimo's entrance slips were included. I feel like a Rey botch at WM19 was also edited out.

Jamie OD

9t7Oqsf.jpg

Should be pretty awesome - I know practically no-one here's watching ROH TV, but Cole's improved a ton over this title reign, can't wait to see this match.

I'm going to this instead of DGUSA solely because of the Ladder War. The stipulation is a big draw for me.

Also, I can forgive ROH for not announcing much for Mania weekend because it's big priority right now is clearly the New Japan shows but what excuse does DGUSA/Evolve have for being quiet? I'd say Shimmer too but I think they are announcing some stuff this weekend. Feels like this time last year everyone had their cards out there ages before the shows happened. Is the location proving difficult for wrestlers to commit? I understand that New Jersey is easier for people to travel to than New Orleans. Are there shows they have booked this month that need more attention? It just really feels lackluster on the part of the promotions.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

It has been a while since I've really felt the need to seek out RoH but this year really feels like they've set a lot of different plans in motion so they can take back the mindshare they lost during 2013, when they were plagued with horrible iPPV service and the loss of a huge amount of talent.

I'll definitely watch it, just might not be live. Still gunshy...

It has been a while since I've really felt the need to seek out RoH but this year really feels like they've set a lot of different plans in motion so they can take back the mindshare they lost during 2013, when they were plagued with horrible iPPV service and the loss of a huge amount of talent.

I'll definitely watch it, just might not be live. Still gunshy...

Nakamura, Tanahashi, Okada. What more needs to happen to get you to one of those ROH/NJPW shows?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nakamura, Tanahashi, Okada. What more needs to happen to get you to one of those ROH/NJPW shows?

Not that one, Supercard of Honor. I'm gonna make that leap of faith for the NJPW show. I don't care when it comes to that!

How do I make a minus.com account? Everytime I click "Create Account" it just sends me to an ad for a fucking mobile thing called "Meow".

minus been pretty awful lately.

i'd recommend abload.de, it's what i been using lately.

also, regarding gif size: i've been using Bootaaay advice and i always make sure the average total size of a gif collection remain at less than 5mb per gif.

3JMfKXp.png

even the Suzuki v Kenta match averages at 4.7mb per gif.

Kaladin

For anyone who is going to ROH in NYC for the War of the Worlds.

GA Upper Balcony.....is all of the Upper Balcony GA? I ask because that is all that is left and if I'm going to spend a reward airline ticket to go to this gorram show, I need to be able to get a good seat.

Rapstah

Eva Marie is an anagram of "I Am A Veer". Veer is a synonym of swerve. I solved your Chamber of Secrets riddle, WWE, what do I get?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Eva Marie is an anagram of "I Am A Veer". Veer is a synonym of swerve. I solved your Chamber of Secrets riddle, WWE, what do I get?

You get to participate in a Harley Race with Eva Marie.

For anyone who is going to ROH in NYC for the War of the Worlds.

GA Upper Balcony.....is all of the Upper Balcony GA? I ask because that is all that is left and if I'm going to spend a reward airline ticket to go to this gorram show, I need to be able to get a good seat.

IIRC, most of it is but some are reserved. Just get there early and you'll be good.

.. Except for the part where you're a Upper Balcony FASCHIST

The amount of fucks I give about the others in temperature form=instant ice age

We got the heavy hitters. Fuck the others!

Now I'm wondering if they'll do what they did in the last Misawa tour where he only faced other NOAH guys, or if they'll mix ROH wrestlers with NJPW wrestlers.

Hero vs. Nakamura could be fun, for example.

strobogo

Banned
minus been pretty awful lately.

i'd recommend abload.de, it's what i been using lately.

also, regarding gif size: i've been using Bootaaay advice and i always make sure the average total size of a gif collection remain at less than 5mb per gif.

3JMfKXp.png

Minus seems to have been working fine for the past few days after weeks of barely working at all. I've been doing imagebam for stuff as well recently. Gif file size is really all in the actual size of the gif. It can be as long as you want as long as it doesn't have ridiculous dimensions. All the Network gifs I've done are significantly higher image quality that the old ones, but smaller in size because I made them just a little smaller. Shrink to about 44% in Gifcam is what I've been doing and it seems to be pretty solid.

Forgot to mention, I really enjoyed your Suzuki vs Kobashi review - I haven't yet got to that match in the best of the 2000's project Ditch is running, still only on 2002, but it looks like that's one to definitely look forward to. That spinning chop to the neck Kobashi did after the machine gun chops was insane!

Forgot to mention, I really enjoyed your Suzuki vs Kobashi review - I haven't yet got to that match in the best of the 2000's project Ditch is running, still only on 2002, but it looks like that's one to definitely look forward to. That spinning chop to the neck Kobashi did after the machine gun chops was insane!

suzuki_kobashi4rboo7.gif

it hits flush. had to hurt, for sure.

remnant

Banned

9t7Oqsf.jpg

I'm tired of Jay Briscoe fake title shit. It's flat and ROH should move on

strobogo

Banned
WTF at the huge pyro display on the OUTSIDE of MSG at WM20. No one in the audience could see that, so it just looked like the Garden was blowing up to anyone outside.

9t7Oqsf.jpg

Hmm... I wasn't planning on going to this based on the location but having just looked it's less than a half hour cab ride from my hotel. Need to consult with my friends as this match is definitely my jam.

WTF at the huge pyro display on the OUTSIDE of MSG at WM20. No one in the audience could see that, so it just looked like the Garden was blowing up to anyone outside.

That was what they were trying to do! It All Begins Again wasn't a tagline, it was the trigger phrase! #FollowTheMoney

Shit....didn't realize the event is sold out.....might have to try and get a ticket anyway.

Violence!

I'm tired of Jay Briscoe fake title shit. It's flat and ROH should move on

This IS them moving on, exactly a year after Jay first won the ROH belt;

The time has come to settle the Ring of Honor World title situation once and for all. It is true that Jay Briscoe never actually lost his championship. But it is also true that Adam Cole came out on top of an officially sanctioned tournament to determine the World Champion. Jay Briscoe has not been pinned once since his return to Ring of Honor. On the other hand, Adam Cole has sustained several pinfall losses - in non-title matches.

On April 5th at Supercard of Honor VIII, pins will not matter. Submissions will not be a factor. In New Orleans, Adam Cole and Jay Briscoe will face each other in Ring of Honor's definitive match to end all conflicts: a Ladder War! Jay Briscoe definitely has the experience edge in Ladder Wars. But Adam Cole has one of professional wrestling's most prolific ladder match competitors in his corner - his mentor, Matt Hardy. It will be Jay Briscoe's "Real" World Title versus Adam Cole's ROH World Championship. Whoever wins this Ladder War will unify the ROH title lineage and be declared the true champion of the world.

I'm really not a fan of ladder matches and the like. There are huge moments that take my breath away for sure but it's hard for me to enjoy them because I'm extremely concerned for the people in them. The possibility of a large tragedy is just too omnipresent.
Afterwards I feel I can appreciate them but during I'm a wreck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom