• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laserfrog

Fav five Bret Harts
5. Frazzled end-of-match hair Bret.
4. Refusing to clear throat Bret.
3. Running into turnbuckle face first Bret.
2. Bret the cartoonist Bret.
1. Bitter Old Man Bret, let me go home I don't want to be here.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think it's great JoJo is actually learning the job. Eva Marie gets the push even though she is worse at the actual thing she is pretending to do for the reality show.

#TeamJoJo

Very important omission:
famosos-nos-simpsons-12-bret-hart-08-1996-1997.jpg

Laserfrog

Bret Hart is doing a UK tour this month! I bet it'll be a laugh a minute.

Edit-
An evening with Shawn Michaels is coming in April. I better get ready to get off my face on cocaine.

mouserat

Neo Member
exactly how much audio engineering goes into deepening Meltzer's voice on the Observer radio shows? I listened to him on Stone Cold's podcast and thought it was a different guy.

Laserfrog

exactly how much audio engineering goes into deepening Meltzer's voice on the Observer radio shows? I listened to him on Stone Cold's podcast and thought it was a different guy.

I think Meltzer Just rings in on his telephone, he hasn't got a computer, he writes the observer and his tweets on an Olympia typewriter.

Rapstah

There's some nasality that Bryan Alvarez's equipment manages to completely remove and I don't think it's intentional.

mouserat

Neo Member
idk Alvarez talks about editing the sound of people's voices on the Bryan and Vinny show, I think it's the guy Todd who has a really deep voice and Alvarez accidentally put extra bass into it one time. maybe he ran Todd through the Meltzer de-geek audio filter.

edit - on a related note, I subscribe to the Observer because fuck it, I'm a geek. but I'm beginning to get a little pissed off about how much they skirt over RAW angles and Meltzer in particular doesn't understand a bunch of stuff. it's like he gave up on watching RAW but still wants to charge people to hear him talk about it. they constantly misremember matches, commentary, promos etc and any kind of pop culture reference just flies over Meltzer's head (see the video posted above - lol).

Aiii

So not worth it
I sub for Bryan and Vinny (and Craig).

Vinny flipping out about Lockdown was the best thing in ages. Vinny never loses his shit, so good.

Laserfrog

I used to sub but ended up not reading a lot of the stuff so now I use the money I save not subbing on bits of charcoal to draw more pictures of big Dave Meltzer's old mullet.

It's sad to see Bret so bitter. In his book he said he didn't want to be a wrestling tragedy but his bitterness is quickly making him one. It's sad because I was and still am a huge Bret Hart fan.

strobogo

Banned
It's sad to see Bret so bitter. In his book he said he didn't want to be a wrestling tragedy but his bitterness is quickly making him one. It's sad because I was and still am a huge Bret Hart fan.

What's weird to me is that he seemed to let a lot of his bitterness go in 2006 when he went into the HOF and then 2010 when he returned to Raw, but it seems like his natural disposition is to find things to be upset about.

Laserfrog

How much is the subscription fee to see these drawings?

It's 50p a month with a 6 month commitment. Included in that is a weekly podcast where I describe the pictures I've drawn and the "headspace" I was in while drawing them. You also get a cool membership card which is all shiny like them shiny pokemon cards.

mouserat

Neo Member
It's 50p a month with a 6 month commitment. Included in that is a weekly podcast where I describe the pictures I've drawn and the "headspace" I was in while drawing them. You also get a cool membership card which is all shiny like them shiny pokemon cards.

sign me up ASAP!

somedevil

I sub for Bryan and Vinny (and Craig).

Vinny flipping out about Lockdown was the best thing in ages. Vinny never loses his shit, so good.

My favorite rants are the Alvarez one from the Rumble. John Pollock has some great rants on TNA when they debuted that horrible Jeff Hardy title and the whole autotune angle. Then his great rants on Shane McMahon and the whole booking of the invasion angle.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shark Johnson reports his banned was shortened, due to mod infighting.

mouserat

Neo Member
moderation seems pretty intense on NeoGAF, good thing I have never once ventured out of WrassleGAF in almost a full year of lurking

Aiii

So not worth it
Man, I forgot about him while he was gone just like I always forget about Christian when he's gone.
What a terrible thing to say, each and everyone of you is worth something to me, guys! You're all A+ Players in my book!

For shame Strob, for shame!

strobogo

Banned
What a terrible thing to say, each and everyone of you is worth something to me, guys! You're all A+ Players in my book!

For shame Strob, for shame!

I always enjoy Christian when he comes back. For a week or two.

The lifehack thread gave me an idea to put my tablet in a zip lock baggie so I can watch wrasslin in the shower.

Into

Meltzer sounds better on the show than he does in "real life", i can agree with that.

Still better than listening to Bruce Mitchell attempt to say a sentence and it taking him 10 minutes to say something that takes 20 seconds to say.

Anytime i question to Observer i just listen to the Torch and i am instantly reminded how good the Observer is, i just wish they did separate radio shows for MMA and wrestling

mouserat

Neo Member
Anytime i question to Observer i just listen to the Torch and i am instantly reminded how good the Observer is, i just wish they did separate radio shows for MMA and wrestling
YES this so much, I really don't care about MMA and it's annoying listening to a 45 minute show about UFC because there's 30 seconds of discussion about CM Punk in the middle somewhere.

Aiii

So not worth it
Meltzer sounds better on the show than he does in "real life", i can agree with that.

Still better than listening to Bruce Mitchell attempt to say a sentence and it taking him 10 minutes to say something that takes 20 seconds to say.

I go to the board forest, there is always someone paying the time stamp so you can skip ahead and not have to listen about the boring MMA chatter.

It's a shame they refuse to do it separate, I don't believe the overlap between wrestling and MMA is as big as they think. I'm sure MMA fans like wrestling, but the other way around is a lot less likely I believe.

Ithil

idk Alvarez talks about editing the sound of people's voices on the Bryan and Vinny show, I think it's the guy Todd who has a really deep voice and Alvarez accidentally put extra bass into it one time. maybe he ran Todd through the Meltzer de-geek audio filter.

edit - on a related note, I subscribe to the Observer because fuck it, I'm a geek. but I'm beginning to get a little pissed off about how much they skirt over RAW angles and Meltzer in particular doesn't understand a bunch of stuff. it's like he gave up on watching RAW but still wants to charge people to hear him talk about it. they constantly misremember matches, commentary, promos etc and any kind of pop culture reference just flies over Meltzer's head (see the video posted above - lol).

To be a little fair, Meltzer watches a LOT of wrestling every week, much more than just WWE, as well as MMA. So I guess it all melds together at times.

Also, it's weird to hear him speaking normally in interviews or whatever. I keep expecting him to talk in his fuzzy phone voice and instead he sounds like George RR Martin.

strobogo

Banned
I go to the board forest, there is always someone paying the time stamp so you can skip ahead and not have to listen about the boring MMA chatter.

It's a shame they refuse to do it separate, I don't believe the overlap between wrestling and MMA is as big as they think. I'm sure MMA fans like wrestling, but the other way around is a lot less likely I believe.

Actually, I think the opposite is true. I 100% believe that wrestling fans are more likely to also like MMA than MMA fans are to like wrestling. MMA fans are always bitching about guys cutting wrestling promos or obviously wrestling style angles going on.

Ithil

There isn't any, I don't think. He calls into the Observer radio on his landline phone, which is why he's not clear like Alvarez (or Vinny on the B&V show, since he records in the studio with Alvarez). They've experimented with using Skype at times but the connection is always suspect so they don't stick with it.

Actually, I think the opposite is true. I 100% believe that wrestling fans are more likely to also like MMA than MMA fans are to like wrestling. MMA fans are always bitching about guys cutting wrestling promos or obviously wrestling style angles going on.

who didn't became a fan of Rampage, Tito Ortiz and King Mo after they passage through TNA?
lol

funny thing is, and Dave mentioned last week, these guys freeze when cutting promos in a pro-wrestling show but trash talk like masters inside the cage.

and why not, a gif:

ackJPLe1.gif

yes, that's an axe kick to the balls for no goddamn reason.

Sblargh

Banned
Hey, Royal Rumble 2014 is up on the network. Cool. I wanted to rewatch the Bryan vs Wyatt match.

Also see if they edited out... well, if they muted the audio completely during Cerna/Orton or the Royal Rumble itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom