• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched a couple episodes of CWF - lots of promos in this territory. Dusty rambled some nonsense, Flair cut two minutes of gold, Mike Rotunda displayed his awesome lack of personality and I realised I really, really don't like Billy Graham. Like, at all. There was a good Rotunda & Windham vs Bass & Bart tag match, plus, Kevin Sullivan crushed some jobber, only to be attacked by a "fan" from ringside, that turned out to be Blackjack Mulligan in a dress;

Blackjack.gif

strobogo

Banned
Watched a couple episodes of CWF - lots of promos in this territory. Dusty rambled some nonsense, Flair cut two minutes of gold, Mike Rotunda displayed his awesome lack of personality and I realised I really, really don't like Billy Graham. Like, at all. There was a good Rotunda & Windham vs Bass & Bart tag match, plus, Kevin Sullivan crushed some jobber, only to be attacked by a "fan" from ringside, that turned out to be Blackjack Mulligan in a dress;

Blackjack.gif

Superstar after 1980 or so is terrible at everything. I get that his body was pretty fucked from all the steroids, but it seemed like he just lost all his charisma and speaking ability at the same time. It's the weirdest thing. But I love watching old Superstar promos from the 70s. And the matches with Dusty. But karate Superstar is fucking awful.

Into

I go to the board forest, there is always someone paying the time stamp so you can skip ahead and not have to listen about the boring MMA chatter.

It's a shame they refuse to do it separate, I don't believe the overlap between wrestling and MMA is as big as they think. I'm sure MMA fans like wrestling, but the other way around is a lot less likely I believe.

Ill check that out, i never visit the board so. I even sorta like MMA, but not enough that i want to listen to it, i am more of casual fan.

It seems to me, and i may be wrong, that they, especially Meltzer seems to be more into MMA than he is in wrestling?

Superstar after 1980 or so is terrible at everything. I get that his body was pretty fucked from all the steroids, but it seemed like he just lost all his charisma and speaking ability at the same time. It's the weirdest thing. But I love watching old Superstar promos from the 70s. And the matches with Dusty. But karate Superstar is fucking awful.

I don't think I've seen anything of Superstar from the 70s, so I'll have to check some of it out, but he really was horrid later on - this episode he had exactly two sentences to say and still flubbed his lines, but they had Oliver Humperdink as his manager at the time so the bulk of the promo work was on him (in between whipping Kevin Sullivan, who'd tied himself up in some bondage contraption and was randomly screaming "I WILL SURVIVE!!" for some reason);

Sullivan.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Actually, I think the opposite is true. I 100% believe that wrestling fans are more likely to also like MMA than MMA fans are to like wrestling. MMA fans are always bitching about guys cutting wrestling promos or obviously wrestling style angles going on.
I think the days of those that hate promos in MMA are over. The best way to sell fights is for shit talking, I'd argue that MMA fans are starved for feuds.

You can just look back at Patrick Cummins vs Cormier and see how ufc marks bought into it. Hell, Rousey still has heat from fans for not shaking Tate's hand.

strobogo

Banned
That's some high risk, high reward thinking. But how will a touchscreen react to warm water through a plastic cover?

I can happily report that the test worked perfectly. I watched Trish/Christie and the opening few minutes of HBK vs Angle. Tablet was dry as a bone. Touch screen also worked just fine through the baggie. It's a bit of a tight fit, which kind of worried me, but it worked perfectly. Thank you, WWE, for allowing me to be able to watch sweaty men in tights rolling on the ground while I wash my balls. It has revolutionized my showering. I might put a shelf in there just for my tablet. For now, it balances neatly on one of the handles on the back wall. I might buy a bigger size of zip locks just for extra assurance. I guess the same concept would also work for taking your iPod/phone into the bathroom for music during a shower without worrying about water or steam damage.

Mah GOODNESS. Maybe you aren't such a dingus after all.

jred2k

I can happily report that the test worked perfectly. I watched Trish/Christie and the opening few minutes of HBK vs Angle. Tablet was dry as a bone. Touch screen also worked just fine through the baggie. It's a bit of a tight fit, which kind of worried me, but it worked perfectly. Thank you, WWE, for allowing me to be able to watch sweaty men in tights rolling on the ground while I wash my balls. It has revolutionized my showering. I might put a shelf in there just for my tablet. For now, it balances neatly on one of the handles on the back wall. I might buy a bigger size of zip locks just for extra assurance. I guess the same concept would also work for taking your iPod/phone into the bathroom for music during a shower without worrying about water or steam damage.

Mah GOODNESS. Maybe you aren't such a dingus after all.
It's only a matter of time until you're installing a garbage disposal and making salads.

strobogo

Banned
It's only a matter of time until you're installing a garbage disposal and making salads.

Well I DID clean the shower today...

Whoever has WM21, please gif the replay of HBK moonsaulting Kurt on the table. It shows King staring at the monitor and having NO reaction at all, even though he was yelling. Meanwhile, JR is right beside him, looking at the table, and throwing his arms up in the air.

jred2k

Its pretty funny to watch WM13 right now after the "Bret is bitter" discussion earlier in the thread. I think Shawn Michaels may actually post here.

XenoRaven

I don't want to stir shit, but the latest Botchamania has a clip of Kevin Nash complaining that HHH kicked out of the Jackknife too fast.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B
Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C
WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C
WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+
WrestleMania III - B-

I was expecting great things, WrestleMania III. :(

XenoRaven

I have no idea what 7-7 is!

:O THE TROOF

I think he was blaming Mick for getting up way too fast more than him?
Well he seemed to imply that Mick was supposed to be down for longer. But he also complained that HHH kicked out right after two instead of just before 3. If I'm not mistaken he also implied that it may have been a decision backstage to make Nash look weaker?

I don't know. The first thing I thought of was him saying "If you're not a mark for yourself, no one can fuck with you." But that Botchamania clip sounded awfully marky.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nothing really mean is said here. He's bitter and frankly was always too serious. He's a lot better now though; some of his early 2000's comments made me think he was suicidally bitter.

strobogo

Banned
Nothing really mean is said here. He's bitter and frankly was always too serious. He's a lot better now though; some of his early 2000's comments made me think he was suicidally bitter.

I think he was suicidally bitter in the early 2000s. The screwjob, Owen dying, Pillman dying, Bulldog dying, everything in WCW ending with his career ending injury, stroke, lawsuits within the family, and the death of both Stu and Helen. 1997-2003 was a pretty shitty stretch for Bret.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright CureVylash I need your help.

Once upon a time I tried to play an uguu~ game, it was Hyperdimension Neptunia, and I didn't like it. I'm willing to try another disgusting uguu~ game again but I don't want it to be an RPG like that. What would you recommend as the best?

I have a PS3, Vita, 360, PC, 3DS. Go ham. Help me out. I need to broaden my horizons.

I also don't want any pedo shit.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Alright CureVylash I need your help.

Once upon a time I tried to play an uguu~ game, it was Hyperdimension Neptunia, and I didn't like it. I'm willing to try another disgusting uguu~ game again but I don't want it to be an RPG like that. What would you recommend as the best?

I have a PS3, Vita, 360, PC, 3DS. Go ham. Help me out. I need to broaden my horizons.

I also don't want any pedo shit.

katawa shoujo

Pavaloo

yeah, but I always let it go. I mean if there's one guy that deserves to be bitter..
I think he was suicidally bitter in the early 2000s. The screwjob, Owen dying, Pillman dying, Bulldog dying, everything in WCW ending with his career ending injury, stroke, lawsuits within the family, and the death of both Stu and Helen. 1997-2003 was a pretty shitty stretch for Bret.

strobogo

Banned
It's not like Vince said 'let's fuck him.' Vince had zero other option because Bret wouldn't put over HBK because he's always concerned with how he looks.

Other options: Don't book Bret for a show, strip him of the title. Have HBK cost him the title against someone else (Shamrock probably) and then win it off that guy, which Bret was willing to do. Drop it the next night on Raw or at the December PPV that wasn't in Canada, which Bret was also willing to do.

just done the Suzuki vs Funaki AJPW cage match review and gonna post it in a few hours. still can't believe Funaki is the same age as Batista.

Pavaloo

and like given the loyalty of Bret Hart and his past with the federation, you would think they'd let him have a decent way out lol

I always found it crazy how half the fan base for years said "bret screwed bret," but today even Shawn Michaels will come out and be like "..nah, he got screwed pretty bad"

I wish I could see his interview with Arda Ocal about last years WrestleMania that got taken down. He was joking but the comment section thought he was being bitter so Arda deleted it :(

edit: lol just looked it up, he put it back up, gonna check it out

Other options: Don't book Bret for a show, strip him of the title. Have HBK cost him the title against someone else (Shamrock probably) and then win it off that guy, which Bret was willing to do. Drop it the next night on Raw or at the December PPV that wasn't in Canada, which Bret was also willing to do.

let him forfeit the title like Shawn had a couple of times..

It's not like Vince said 'let's fuck him.' Vince had zero other option because Bret wouldn't put over HBK because he's always concerned with how he looks.

Well, Shawn was a complete fuckhead during that time, refusing to put anyone else over. Can't really blame Bret for not wanting to put him over specifically.

Pavaloo

One thing is for sure: if Randy Orton was around back then there wouldn't have needed to be a screwjob because he would've beaten Bret clean.

xKMbi5e.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom