• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

somedevil

Some News:

An article in Bloomberg.com listed that the WWE had talks with AMC Networks Inc., Viacom Inc., Time Warner Inc., and 21st Century Fox regarding negotiations for domestic TV rights. Talks only mean something if an offer is made. AMC is an interested one. Due to "Walking Dead," AMC is now a top five station. Viacom would be for Spike, which confirms what I'd felt for a long time was a logical business move, and also explains why Spike hasn't renewed TNA's contract that is up at the same time the WWE deal is up with NBC Universal. Time Warner would be for TBS and TNT. For what it's worth, I'm aware of a wrestling proposal to that company very recently where they said that they had no interest in wrestling again. Still, that doesn't rule out WWE. Fox would of course be to help build FS 1, and put UFC and WWE on the same station. George Barrios, the CFO of WWE, said he expected the new deal to be announced at the end of April or early May.

WWE on AMC would be interesting and if they go to Spike again its the nail in the coffin for TNA.

Merchandise update:

The current biggest merchandise sellers at the arenas are, in order, Cena, Bryan, Punk (down on the list because he's been off TV and not at the arenas), Batista, Sheamus, Hogan, Orton and Lesnar. On the web site, the best sellers are Cena, Punk, Bryan, Hogan, The Shield, Austin, Lesnar, Undertaker and Orton

Kane News:

Kane has started up a new insurance company in Knoxville called The Jacobs Agency, with his wife. They offer auto, home, motorcycle, RV, boat, life and commercial insurance, as well as retirement planning. Kane has told people in the area that he's been planning to retire for some time now but it's hard to walk away from the money, so he's going to continue while he can still make the big money. The feeling locally in the political world is that at some point he would be interested in running for public office as a Libertarian party candidate.

What no fire insurance?

Sblargh

Banned
How do you campaign to the libertarian party while playing enforcer for a company corrupted by petty bosses that are being defeated by the will of the collective people?

strobogo

Banned
WM 17-21 is a damn good string. Probably the best string of WMs. I'll have to rewatch 22 to determine if it continues to streak. Looking at the card, all I really recall liking was HBK vs Vince, Edge vs Foley, and HHH vs Cena. 21 is solid as fuck. Nothing as blow away as Austin/Rock at 17, but Rey vs Orton/Taker vs Orton/MITB/Angle vs HBK/HHH vs Bateaster is a good show.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
od94pn.jpg

Is there a meme involving Steph telling people to look at pretty trans girls or something?

Alright CureVylash I need your help.

Once upon a time I tried to play an uguu~ game, it was Hyperdimension Neptunia, and I didn't like it. I'm willing to try another disgusting uguu~ game again but I don't want it to be an RPG like that. What would you recommend as the best?

I have a PS3, Vita, 360, PC, 3DS. Go ham. Help me out. I need to broaden my horizons.

I also don't want any pedo shit.
you hate recettear so idk if uguu is for ya m8

AJPW - MINORU SUZUKI vs MASAKATSU FUNAKI - 2010

suzuki_funaki1pykdq.gif

part 6 of Suzuki Week. i picked this match because of the history between both man: they both trained at same time with Fujiwara, both went with him to UWF in the late 80s, they both left when Fujiwara left and in 1993 they decided to focus on MMA and founded Pancrase. truly pionners of modern shoot fighting. we gonna jump straight into the match. both guys circling each other in the center of the cage. methodical pace so far. Funaki throws a low kick. still excellent form at this age.

suzuki_funaki2wykuk.gif

Funaki goes for a mid-kick but Suzuki grabs the leg and takes him down. they exchange positions for few times, Funaki on top, then Suzuki on top. Funaki works on a triangle choke but Suzuki is fighting back. now it's Suzuki trying to make something happen. he goes for an armbar, tries to extend the arm. he does but Funaki quickly rolls out. both men standing again. Suzuki shoots for the takedown but eats a big knee that opens him up hardway. Funaki jumps on him and headbutts his face.

suzuki_funaki3l1kmp.gif

Funaki keeps pounding on Suzuki while on top of him. Suzuki tries to one-hand choke Funaki but gets caught in an armbar. Suzuki rolls out but falls on a kneebar. he finally escapes as Funaki moves in and kicks him in the chest several time. running by Funaki but Suzuki still stands. Funaki goes for another but Suzuki counter and slams his head against the cage.

suzuki_funaki438j8d.gif

now it's Funaki bleeding from his forehead. Suzuki takes advantage and pummles Funaki with punches. now throws Funaki against the cage multiple times. running big boot to the spine of Funaki. hard standing headbutts by Suzuki. he picks up Funaki and puts him on a kimura. kimura lock takedown by Suzuki and he's twisting that arm hard.

suzuki_funaki5p3kbd.gif

no tap yet, Funaki resisting. Suzuki switches to an armbar but Funaki rolls out. hammerlock by Suzuki that motions Funaki into falling in another armbar. Suzuki decides to let go and stands up. stomps on Funaki. now going in with punches and knees bu Funaki counters with a koppo kick. now it's Funaki on top. hard mid kicks and knees in the corner. Funaki tries a reverse dead lift slam but sells the beating. recovers and goes in again. this time he goes all the way and secures a tombstone slam.

suzuki_funaki68cjx5.gif

triangle armbar by Funaki. switch to a regular triangle. Suzuki eye pokes Funaki to escape. hard punches by Suzuki. drags Funaki's face over the top rope. big kick to the back. goes for another kimura attempt. transition to an inverted wristlock. Funaki refuses to tap. Suzuki picks him up and apllies the sleeper hold but Funaki manages to escape and scores a big backdrop suplex. Suzuki gets up immediately but eats another backdrop.

suzuki_funaki73jkgh.gif

rear naked choke by Funaki. Suzuki manages to stand up and drops back with Funaki on top of him, forcing the break of the submission hold. "old men trading blows" spot as they exchange big boots to the face.

suzuki_funaki8j2jij.gif

trading hard slaps now. really loud strikes, damn. they trade a slap at the same time and both get dizzy. back to trading blows. nice crimson masks on both guys. Suzuki finally gets the upper hand and locks in a sleeper hold. he transitions to a Gotch-style pildedriver.

suzuki_funaki9q0kls.gif

no pins in this match. both guys are back up. Suzuki sends Funaki down with big punches. low running dropkick to Funaki's chest. back to the sleeper hold. Funaki escapes by throwing Suzuki, follows up with an awesome jumping front spinning kick. this man is the same age as Batista, folks. damn.

suzuki_funaki104ejie.gif

the assault continues as Funaki throws hard slaps. Suzuki tries to comeback but eats a nice koppo kick. now it's Funaki on top. hard slaps. Suzuki is wobbly. final effort by Funaki as he follows hard slaps with a stiff knee to the face. Suzuki tries to get up but can't. your winner via TKO, Masakatsu Funaki. good, bloody, hard hitting match. cage didn't have much influence or spots. Funaki is the japanese Lesnar: goes away from wrestling to do MMA, returns years later even better than he was the first time around. Suzuki is always awesome. only one match to go on Suzuki Week, stay tuned!

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/straight-shooters-with-lambda-piscium

G-Fex

I want that manga creator game on Steam.

That way I can live out my manga fantasies with Emma-chan in Manga form.

Uguu~

Vylash

Alright CureVylash I need your help.

Once upon a time I tried to play an uguu~ game, it was Hyperdimension Neptunia, and I didn't like it. I'm willing to try another disgusting uguu~ game again but I don't want it to be an RPG like that. What would you recommend as the best?

I have a PS3, Vita, 360, PC, 3DS. Go ham. Help me out. I need to broaden my horizons.

I also don't want any pedo shit.

Do you mean you don't want it to be an RPG like Neptunia, or just not an RPG?

jred2k

Oooooo, the conversation is turning towards Bailey Jay as we rapidly approach Midnight? I look forward to opening this thread tomorrow morning at work.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man that's like my whole collection, the only thing I have that really fits the bill is Valkyria Chronicles, which is actually very good and one of the best games ever (also the first Neptunia is terrible, even for fans of the franchise like me)

That's not uguu enough, it has grown folks in it.

Blegh, I dunno. Isn't there some bullshit I should buy for my 3DS? Or something? I don't know. Fuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom