• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My god I hate Bugsy McGraw so much. Does anyone like this guy? Drives me nuts.

f6inH4G.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even know who that is, but his look and name are already pissing me off.

Did a lot of WCCW work, been seeing a hell of a lot of him on the Network. I can't stand him.

DiscoJon

Banned
Man, your nuts. Karl Anderson is the true GOAT of Bullet Club.
LOL Karl sucks and you know it. If he was some nobody on the TNA roster you wouldn't give two shits about him. But since he is "overseas" he's held to some bullshit higher standard like GRADO and all those all those other indie jobbers you like. Just because you like something obscure doesn't mean it's better than what the majority is used to you and you know it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
His look is the definition of a jobber (now watch him be like a multiple time champion)

Championship Wrestling from Florida
NWA Brass Knuckles Championship (Florida version) (1 time)[4]
NWA Florida Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[5]
NWA Florida Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Thor The Viking[6]
NWA Florida Television Championship (3 times)[7]
NWA United States Tag Team Championship (Florida version) (1 time) - with Dusty Rhodes[8]
Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling
NWA Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Rufus R. Jones[9]
NWA All-Star Wrestling
NWA Canadian Tag Team Championship (Vancouver version) (3 times) - with Mike Webster (1), Gene Kiniski (1) and Mr. X (1)[10]
NWA Pacific Coast Heavyweight Championship (Vancouver version) (1 time)[11]
NWA Big Time Wrestling / World Class Championship Wrestling
NWA Americas Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[12]
NWA American Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with King Kong Bundy[13]
NWA Brass Knuckles Championship (Texas version) (3 times)[14]
WCCW Television Championship (1 time)[15]
NWA San Francisco
NWA United States Heavyweight Championship (San Francisco version) (1 time)[16]
NWA Tri-State
NWA North American Heavyweight Championship (Tri-State version) (1 time)[17]
NWA United States Tag Team Championship (Tri-State version) (1 time) - with Dr. X[18]
World Championship Wrestling (Australia)
NWA Austra-Asian Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with Butcher Brannigan (1) and Mario Milano (1)[19]
Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
Worst Tag Team (1987) with Jimmy Valiant
Other titles
(Montreal) International Tag Team Championship (1 time)
SWF Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Jumping Jack Flash[1]

LOL Karl sucks and you know it. If he was some nobody on the TNA roster you wouldn't give two shits about him. But since he is "overseas" he's held to some bullshit higher standard like GRADO and all those all those other indie jobbers you like. Just because you like something obscure doesn't mean it's better than what the majority is used to you and you know it.

jblE0eYZF9Kqgk_e.jpg

Rapstah

Is there a single Kerry von Erich promo where he doesn't do the three-finger point to the camera, three-finger point to himself thing?

Mofucka what
Koko B Ware got in, Pete Rose is in, etc, and your beef is with Jake?! *DDT*
My beef isn't just with Jake. But yeah he's one of a list of 6 or 7. Koko B Ware is too. Yeah they were nice for a while, but hall of fame....really???

Most of these guys died tragically or had sob stories. I don't think that explains Koko.

Alucard

Banned
According to ROH's twitter, they're going to announce the main event of one or both of the NJPW shows. Basically, who will face Adam Cole or Jay Briscoe. (likely Cole...at least, I hope so)

What would you guys like to see?

Cole vs. Tanahashi?
Cole vs. Okada?
Cole vs. Nakamura?

They all sound great, but Tanahashi sounds the best to me...though it will probably be against Okada.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
According to ROH's twitter, they're going to announce the main event of one or both of the NJPW shows. Basically, who will face Adam Cole or Jay Briscoe. (likely Cole...at least, I hope so)

What would you guys like to see?

Cole vs. Tanahashi?
Cole vs. Okada?
Cole vs. Nakamura?

They all sound great, but Tanahashi sounds the best to me...though it will probably be against Okada.

I wanna see Jay Briscoe and Tanahashi.

Jamie OD

Incidentally, Grado's great and all, but it's entirely because he's a funny fucker and has an awesome entrance. The guy's competent enough in the ring, but easily exposed outside of comedy tag matches.

The growing popularity of Grado makes me realise the UK scene always needs an over the top face like Big Daddy. People seem to be so ashamed of how long he was on top for they take that kind of wrestling for granted.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The growing popularity of Grado makes me realise the UK scene always needs an over the top face like Big Daddy. People seem to be so ashamed of how long he was on top for they take that kind of wrestling for granted.

I need to see more Big Daddy. Which, fortunately for me, there's a SHITLOAD of TV he's been on.

jmdajr

Random Fact

Koko became the first wrestler to fall victim to The Undertaker’s Tombstone Piledriver in the Undertaker’s WWF debut match.

Definitely - Big Daddy's popularity went hand in hand with wrestling's popularity in Britain and it's crazy to me that people don't appreciate the part that style and character can play in wrestling. Incidentally, I find it funny that, as dismissive as some within British wrestling have been of Grado, he and the ICW documentary have garnered more mainstream attention than any of the various failed bids to get wrestling back on TV in some form over the years.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely - Big Daddy's popularity went hand in hand with wrestling's popularity in Britain and it's crazy to me that people don't appreciate the part that style and character can play in wrestling. Incidentally, I find it funny that, as dismissive as some within British wrestling have been of Grado, he and the ICW documentary have garnered more mainstream attention than any of the various failed bids to get wrestling back on TV in some form over the years.

Grado's just hiding behind Madonna's eternal popularity.

I've been really feeling the itch to watch more British wrestling from days of yore. I felt bad because long ago I uploaded a Giant Haystacks in WCW match and called him a fat piece of shit and got a ton of blowback.

The Hall of Fame will soon turn into a mid card joke. See Jake Roberts getting in and a few others.

Wooooooooow. If anything they've taken steps in the past few years to legitimize it. There are some picks that they could maybe retcon out and I'm not happy to see another murderer going in but... *DDT*

I've been really feeling the itch to watch more British wrestling from days of yore. I felt bad because long ago I uploaded a Giant Haystacks in WCW match and called him a fat piece of shit and got a ton of blowback.

Here's a few random matches;

Owen Hart vs Marty Jones
Jim Breaks vs Johnny Saint
Mark Rocco vs Fuji Yamada (Liger)

Wish I had some full episodes, but they're hard to come by - I've got a collection of hour-long compilations that, bizarrely, ran on the Men & Motors channel a few years back, I'll see if I can chuck some of them on youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom