• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1 Pet Peeve on Gaming Side - when computer game threads become less about the game and more about the 1 dominating GAF Personality that takes over the thread with their insane gimmick/fanboyism.

Batigol

Banned
#1 Pet Peeve on Gaming Side - when computer game threads become less about the game and more about the 1 dominating GAF Personality that takes over the thread with their insane gimmick/fanboyism.

I am scared to post on gaming side. Only there can you be called a troll for a serious post

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What are you doing Vince, you can't just tell a guy to eat 500 more calories. You can't just tell a guy to do difficult exercises without telling him how to do them properly.

Spider, if you want to grow muscle you do have to eat more. But you have to have make sure you're getting a lot of your calories from protein. Aim for getting 1g of protein per lb of lean mass that you want. For instance, if you want to be 200 lbs and 10% body fat (that's actually Zacked, but this is a goal), 20 lbs of you will be fat and so you want 180 grams of protein. That's 720 protein calories, as 1g of protein = 1g of carbohydrate = 4 calories (1g of fat is 9, btw). For the other 1,280 you should divide them more or less evenly between carb and fat. Don't worry about it as long as they're close, but remember that a gram of fat has 2.25x the calories of a gram of carb. And it will be fine if you get extra protein and split the rest. Drink water.

Squats and deadlifts and overhead presses and power cleans require full-body technique and you will need to research them. Mark Rippetoe is the authoritative source on how to do them.

All great additions Spider. Remember you must sleep well and eat well to make progress, but you being an absolute beginner at putting on muscle mass will give you results almost no matter what you do, but those gainz don't last if you don't have your diet right.

Awesome, Ricochet's Dream Gate title match from Dragon Gate is out;

Masato Yoshino (c) vs Ricochet - Open the Dream Gate Title - (Dragon Gate 02/03/14)

Will watch this at lunch. Thanks Burtie.

Oh shit, calling out Sunflower McMahon ;P

A couple issues with this:

1: I don't take over the thread
2: My "gimmick" is not "insane"
3: that's all

Aiii

So not worth it
Why are people steering to conflict in here so much lately?

Stop it. This thread is supposed to be fun times, you are ruining my fun times! I NEED MY FUN TIMES!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Conflict is fun Aiii.

None of us hate each other too, with the exception of the eternal BillRiccio/BronsonLee feud.
e5YuU.gif

jmdajr

So finally started watching Wrestlemania 19, never saw it. Only seen highlights.

Anyway after the Rock wins he tells something to Stone Cold which I knew about, but what I hadn't seen is that he shoved referee Earl Hebner away.. TWICE.

As in, "get the fuck away Earl, I'm trying to tell Steve something personal!"

Conflict is fun Aiii.

None of us hate each other too, with the exception of the eternal BillRiccio/BronsonLee feud.
e5YuU.gif

An ant has no quarrel with a boot

But why am I the poster child for Memphis style feud hate? Bill got flack because he decided to be a dick about my work, end of. Don't do that and there's no beef!

... Except with the long standing hatred I have for FallingEdge
But ya, my Berserk Button is blatantly obvious, don't press it and it's party all the time

Paige's submission finisher is #1-5 in my Fave Five Finishers. It starts off with a nice leglock, and then there's all this anticipation and hype building as you wait for her to lock the arms, then she raises this trapped person up who looks like they're in total agony. It's a great visual to use in highlight packages, too. I can't wait for her to get on the main roster and get that move over with huge crowds.

Browny

Banned
Fave Five Submissions?

1. Scorpion Deathlock
pre-1997
2. Regal Stretch
3. Rings Of Saturn
4. Cattle Mutilation (got countered easily in D-Bry's first NXT match against another rookie - how tame)
5. Ankle Lock (Shamrock or Angle, it's all good to me)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
An ant has no quarrel with a boot

But why am I the poster child for Memphis style feud hate? Bill got flack because he decided to be a dick about my work, end of. Don't do that and there's no beef!

... Except with the long standing hatred I have for FallingEdge
But ya, my Berserk Button is blatantly obvious, don't press it and it's party all the time

Brother I hate to say this because I love you, but you're wrong.

You heckled Bill for enjoying CHIKARA's storylines, and it went bananas from there. :( I've traced the feud back to its root!

Browny

Banned
There's a distinct lack of Black Widow in your Fave Five.

Errrr...

Fave 6?

Damn, I forgot Tajiri's Tarantula too

Ok, current fave five would include Black Widow, Yes Lock, Del Rio's cross armbreaker, Scorpion Cross-lock and
Anaconda Vice

I just had to go on Wikipedia to remind myself of who's on the roster who has a submission. That's not a good thing...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fave Five Summittions

5. Anyone using a Stomach Claw
4. Ted DiBiase's Million Dollar Dream
3. Baron von Raschke's Prussian Sleeper (youtube it, it's really cool)
2. Crush's Cranium Crunch
1. Rings of Saturn

Face Five Submissions?

Not sure about five, but Crippler Crossface is my favourite, Benoit had such intensity performing that move making it that much more convincing, why it's almost awkward now in light of the events that transpired.

Always dug the Cloverleaf for some reason as well, not sure why.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure about five, but Crippler Crossface is my favourite, Benoit had such intensity performing that move making it that much more convincing, why it's almost awkward now in light of the events that transpired.

Always dug the Cloverleaf for some reason as well, not sure why.

Malenko's Texas Cloverleaf was nice. I agree.

Brother I hate to say this because I love you, but you're wrong.

You heckled Bill for enjoying CHIKARA's storylines, and it went bananas from there. :( I've traced the feud back to its root!

I regret nothing. The angle was A: not one, and B: consisted of the worst goddamn grassroots campaign I've ever seen. It was saved by NPWD, barely. It was an angle for people who loved LOST.

Bill Screwed Bill. I have no sympathy whatsoever for Bill.

*Sharpshooter*
Also Cloverleaf is the clear GOAT

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I regret nothing. The angle was A: not one, and B: consisted of the worst goddamn grassroots campaign I've ever seen. It was saved by NPWD, barely. It was an angle for people who loved LOST.

Bill Screwed Bill. I have no sympathy whatsoever for Bill.

*Sharpshooter*

I loved Lost.

So Raw is tonight. Most interested to see what Cena has to say. Been tired with his "whether you hate or love me I always do my best 110%" gimmick. Cena can't touch Bray when it comes to mic work. I guess they're just going to use his current name then to build the feud instead of having Cena do anything new. I honestly feel like WWE creative could be making this match more 'personal' for wrestlemania. Kinda underwhelmed with the buildup for it so far. Wyatt Family has carried it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really like the modified octopus hold Shibata used against Anderson this past Saturday;

Man, Anderson is just so good, he makes other people look like a million bucks without turning into a Ziggler. I love his work.

Vylash

So Raw is tonight. Most interested to see what Cena has to say. Been tired with his "whether you hate or love me I always do my best 110%" gimmick. Cena can't touch Bray when it comes to mic work. I guess they're just going to use his current name then to build the feud instead of having Cena do anything new. I honestly feel like WWE creative could be making this match more 'personal' for wrestlemania. Kinda underwhelmed with the buildup for it so far. Wyatt Family has carried it.

"Hey Bray, you're looking a little...husky tonight"

john-cena-6.jpeg

Son Of D

South Park SoT OT was initially this despite said user being banned.

I do agree that endless multi-quoting is annoying in OT and Gaming side. Even worse when it's a gif and for the next few pages it's mostly people quoting the damn thing.

"Hey Bray, you're looking a little...husky tonight"

john-cena-6.jpeg

This is inevitable. Although I hope they're better than that.

Rapstah

What the hell was the video guy thinking with this graphic for the Big Show/Undertaker match at No Way Out 2003?

undertaker-big-show-tg8usj.gif

You can see where the Big Show torso clip he's moving around ends. Undertaker vs. Big Show's floating torso.

Edit: They show Brother Love coming back in the re-cap of the feud. Dude looks identical to 1991. I guess it's just a 12 year difference (2003 is almost halfway to 1991 from today, fuck) and he never looked very healthy in the first place.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm of the mind the #YES and #NO bet can now apply to Bryan winning the championship. I still stand behind #NO, Batista gon' get it.

strobogo

Banned
WWE really missed the boat by not using Total Divas for the Cena/Wyatt story. You could suck in all those ladies into buying WM and getting Bray over as a legitimate creeper who is trying to ruin John and Nikki's relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom