• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
clipboard01upj1o.jpg

Slam City AJ looks alot like Chyna.

The hell is this?

I wait all this time for an AJ Rumbler and this is how they repay me?! :(

Browny

Banned
I'm of the mind the #YES and #NO bet can now apply to Bryan winning the championship. I still stand behind #NO, Batista gon' get it.

I think it's up in the air. On one hand, you have one of the biggest fan followings in recent history, and the perfect opportunity for a great Moment.

On the other hand, you have WWE booking.

They want the belt on Boots because of big film reasons, but he doesn't have the face following to make such a decision a reasonable marketing ploy, i.e. you don't want a heel champ promoting a film (something just doesn't sit right).

The one thing you can guarantee is that Orton won't be walking out as champion. Right?

....Right?

Son Of D

I'm of the mind the #YES and #NO bet can now apply to Bryan winning the championship. I still stand behind #NO, Batista gon' get it.

I think that can work. Will it still be a Bryan avatar if he wins (providing you chose #NO) and a HHH avatar if he loses (providing you chose #YES)? Or will it now be a Batista avatar (if Batista wins and you chose #YES) or an Orton avatar (if Orton wins and you chose #YES)?

The one thing you can guarantee is that Orton won't be walking out as champion. Right?

....Right?

Weren't a lot of people saying that before WM24 when he faced Cena and HHH? ...oh shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's up in the air. On one hand, you have one of the biggest fan followings in recent history, and the perfect opportunity for a great Moment.

On the other hand, you have WWE booking.

They want the belt on Boots because of big film reasons, but he doesn't have the face following to make such a decision a reasonable marketing ploy, i.e. you don't want a heel champ promoting a film (something just doesn't sit right).

....Right?

But he could....he certainly could~

I think that can work. Will it still be a Bryan avatar if he wins (providing you chose #NO) and a HHH avatar if he loses (providing you chose #YES)? Or will it now be a Batista avatar (if Batista wins and you chose #YES) or an Orton avatar (if Orton wins and you chose #YES)?

If you're on the wrong team, you have to get an av of the winner of the match.

Neither Orton or Batista is big enough or good enough to end WM with a thud and still have people happy. Austin is the only one who did it because he's the only one who could (and probably the Rock too which is part of why last year was so disappointing). Trips tried it because he loves himself but no one remembers that WM.

jmdajr

Neither Orton or Batista is big enough or good enough to end WM with a thud and still have people happy. Austin is the only one who did it because he's the only one who could (and probably the Rock too which is part of why last year was so disappointing). Trips tried it because he loves himself but no one remembers that WM.

Face HHH had some rough main events. Had to follow up Taker vs HBK and Hogan vs Rock. It's a tough deal.
Orton and Jericho have to share in the apathy.

I do remember 2000 though. I can't ever remember a HEEL ever winning before that. I was well... shocked! Hell it probbaly hasn't happened since unless you count Cena as a HEEL.

Aiii

So not worth it
We should bet on the Battle Royal instead, that seems like a glorious bet. It can be any one of 30 guys winning and everyone has Rusev or Cesaro as their avatar for the next two weeks.

Or we can do a "loser has Andre The Giant avatar" instead.

Sblargh

Banned

That heel corporate shtick of changing the rules mid-game. And I'm not even bringing up Aiii just dropping out of the bet altogether.

But you're on! You can stand behind this #NO of yours until it gets gassed 37 seconds into the match. I stand behind these people! And we stand united!

K1Bryan2.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
I proposed a better bet, with #bryan vs #orton vs #batista.

I'm all for betting, but it's no bet when the outcome is guaranteed to be Bryan going over HHH.

Son Of D

We should bet on the Battle Royal instead, that seems like a glorious bet. It can be any one of 30 guys winning and everyone has Rusev or Cesaro as their avatar for the next two weeks.

André the Giant Avatar Battle Royal?

Mania is (with the aforementioned examples) almost always a faces up show in regards to the main. Bryan is winning in the Superdome. Bringing it back to Mania X.

Also, I concur with the idea of an Avatar Andre Royal

I wonder if Barrett will even make the battle Royal cut, perhaps he can provide running commentary from the podium while a lone tear slides down his cheek, he used to wrestle himself in the past but those days are over for some reason.

Maybe that's why he's so obsessed with giving others bad news.

Sephzilla

Jesus Christ gaming side.

Someone over in one of the Dark Souls threads is trying to say that Dark Souls 2 is worse than Aliens Colonial Marines because the still decently good graphics aren't the completely over the top E3 graphics Dark Souls 2 started with

NEOGAF GAMING SIDE - WHERE BEING A GREAT GAME MEANS SHIT

Browny

Banned

Rusev.jpg

He's such a handsome chap...

strobogo

Banned

Someone over in one of the Dark Souls threads is trying to say that Dark Souls 2 is worse than Aliens Colonial Marines because the still decently good graphics aren't the completely over the top E3 graphics Dark Souls 2 started with

I didn't think CM was that bad because I love the Alien franchise and I never play FPS so I can't tell you the difference between a good one and a bad one.

Sephzilla

I didn't think CM was that bad because I love the Alien franchise and I never play FPS so I can't tell you the difference between a good one and a bad one.

I dropped CM after the first level because of how boring it was and how within 10 minutes there were already glaringly obvious continuity issues.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
so why was ryback dropped back down to jobber town? (I rhymed!)

I wasn't watching WWE when he was in PPV main events.

He seems like he's a fairly convincing.

He did a couple main events but didn't look all that great during them. Which is a shame, I still love The Big Guy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stro do you have a link to your wbf gifs, a gallery of sorts? Thinking of making a WBF topic for people to enjoy.

jred2k

Yes, a handful of posts represent an entire side of the forum.

Do you have a link to the particular post(s?) you are referencing? I'll admit to not paying very close attention to the topic, but the problem seems to be the deceitful marketing, not that the game is worse than CM. The comparison to CM is only because of the backlash Gearbox got for pulling similar shit.

Swagger seems like one of those guys someone keeps thinking has potential despite all evidence to the contrary.

Swagger sucks. Big E, Swagger and Ziggler, the trifecta of guys who i fail to understand what people see in them.

Ryback is is a fuckin liability inside the ring but at least he's legit nut.

I don't think people like Swagger.

I've never seen someone that said he liked Swagger.

Not to be that guy again, but I like/d Swagger. Especially in his ECW run. He's always been a more than capable wrestler, just as soon as they gave him the WHC they tried to make him Suit Jericho 2.0, which sucked.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I used to like Jack Swagger. His WHC run killed his character though, it was a shame. He VERY visibly shifted from cocky to just boring and sullen. It was a super bummer.

jred2k

Swagger has worked really well in a tag team with Cesaro, but as soon as he isn't on screen I forget he exists. He can put on good matches, but he has no presence at all.

Sephzilla

Swagger sucks. Big E, Swagger and Ziggler, the trifecta of guys who i fail to understand what people see in them.

Ryback is is a fuckin liability inside the ring but at least he's legit nut.

Ziggler is at least entertaining in the ring I think and he has good mic skills. Swagger is horrible on the mic and fairly boring in the ring. Big E is Ahmed Johnson 2014 edition.

I used to like Jack Swagger. His WHC run killed his character though, it was a shame. He VERY visibly shifted from cocky to just boring and sullen. It was a super bummer.

I agree. His WHC run is precisely when I stopped giving a shit about Swagger, because they changed his character far too much.

lol, I actually keep forgetting he had a WHC run until people actually remind me of it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I agree. His WHC run is precisely when I stopped giving a shit about Swagger, because they changed his character far too much.

lol, I actually keep forgetting he had a WHC run until people actually remind me of it.

It was, well...literally forgettable. Which I remember when he DID get it, it was a huge shock and I figured they had some really cool stuff lined up for him. NOPE.

I thought Swagger was a good hand for the midcard, decent mix of technical and power moves, entertaining but nothing really special.
Certainly not WHC material which in turn led to his flimsy ankle lock which must be one of the least successful submission finishers for someone who was once in an upper card spot.

I'll never agree to the idea that Ziggler has particularly good mic skills, even as a heel his promos were pretty bland and typical of your standard heel, of course it's not like he ever had much of a character to work with either.

Sephzilla

It was, well...literally forgettable. Which I remember when he DID get it, it was a huge shock and I figured they had some really cool stuff lined up for him. NOPE.

Pretty much the same reaction one of my friends and I both had. We were super stunned that Swagger actually got the belt. After that it's a black void of nothing.

REAL TALKTIME: I know most people generally always considered the WHC the #2 belt, but upon further thought I actually think Swagger's WHC run is what really devalued that belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom