• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
and we all know why girls watch wrestling
ibscb16bC1AbHF.gif

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
So that videogame discussions delves into girls/boys being influenced to like certain things. You know, girls play with barbie, boys play with G.I. Joe. etc.

But I wonder how much is influence and some is just..well natural.

I think about wrestling and actions movies and no one specifically told me to like them because it's a thing men like. But was I brain washed into doing so because they (men) were painted in a positive light.

Did Gorilla Monsoon made me think Warrior looked awesome, or did I make up my own mind.

Would I have wanted to look all jacked from instinct, or just because everyone thinks it's cool?

Do you think it's cool? Did you like Warrior?

If the answer is yes, than it doesn't matter how you got to that conclusion, just that you did.

I don't know about influence but I was fucking crushed when I found out the real Sgt. Slaughter bore zero resemblance to the character portrayed on the GI Joe cartoon. I refused to believe it at first.

Sephzilla

I "dated" a girl for a while that was all into my nerd hobbies. It was a horrifying experience.

My girlfriend of 3 years is into most of the same hobbies I'm into. It's wonderful. I've tried that whole "opposites attract" bullshit and it's fun at first but nothing good for a long term relationship.

I'm trying to get her into wrestling, but now she's a Santino mark and cheers for Cena just to troll me.

strobogo

Banned
I'm fine with my wife simply respecting my hobbies. If I was just marrying my clone I feel like I would be missing out on so much.

Yes. It's nice to have hobbies that you can enjoy on your own. I think a lot of couples think you have to do everything together all the time or you aren't in a good relationship. And instead, people end up doing a bunch of shit they don't want to do and resenting their partner for it.

That's why Total Divas is such a hit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone assuming their significant other is female from male posters

check your straight privilege

Sephzilla

I'll never understand the 'date your best friend' type relationships. It's like putting vanilla in vanilla.

Fucking boring.

I've tried the whole dating someone who's the opposite of me kind of deal a few times. Long term it really doesn't work out in my opinion. You've got to have some mutual likes and similarities in order to make it work and not drive each other completely insane.

That said you shouldn't date someone who's a 100% carbon copy of you. Everyone needs their own hobbies here and there that they can do on their own.

I saw my very first episode of TD last night and call me a bad wrestling fan but... I liked it better than Raw.

It's cringeworthy to the max but still pretty watchable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I saw my very first episode of TD last night and call me a bad wrestling fan but... I liked it better than Raw.

It's cringeworthy to the max but still pretty watchable.

Total Divas is always at least on par with Raw. It's a lot of fun.

jmdajr

Yes. It's nice to have hobbies that you can enjoy on your own. I think a lot of couples think you have to do everything together all the time or you aren't in a good relationship. And instead, people end up doing a bunch of shit they don't want to do and resenting their partner for it.

That's why Total Divas is such a hit.

Don't get me wrong you have to do some stuff you like together, and every once in awhile give the other persons interest a shot.

My wife has been with me to Mania and a few Metal concerts, things she would have never done in a million years done by herself.

Hell I went to a rodeo/country show with her, and ..it wasn't that bad. Same thing I would not have gone on my own but with her, pretty enjoyable experience.

You do have to be similar in big picture stuff. If you're an alcoholic and they are straight edge, probbaly not going to work.

edit: speaking of relationships, it's so funny reading book. I wonder what she thinks back on it now that her and Matt are no more and haven't been for ages. She really put him over in there!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Notice I never used any gender specific nouns/pronouns/adjectives/verbs. Only people and partner.

You're right. You're one of the good ones.

Strobogo is our Non-Gendered Warrior. You can team up with me, I get hot about social injustice

iT3P8JpYA0eso.gif

^ me right now mad at straight folks
who are dicks. fuck that's kinda gendered too

strobogo

Banned
Don't get me wrong you have to do some stuff you like together, and every once in awhile give the other persons interest a shot.

My wife has been with me to Mania and a few Metal concerts, things she would have never done in a million years done by herself.

Hell I went to a rodeo/country show with her, and ..it wasn't that bad. Same thing I would not have gone on my own but with her, pretty enjoyable experience.

You do have to be similar in big picture stuff. If you're an alcoholic and they are straight edge, probbaly not going to work.

I don't like what you're implying by quoting me and ending with that sentence.

jmdajr

Breaking gender barriers, let's talk about Goldust. My friend back in high school just LOVED imitating him while at the same time rubbing the person next to him. Fucking hilarious really.

'You were...HUUUUUUUUGGGGE"

Sephzilla

You're right. You're one of the good ones.

Strobogo is our Non-Gendered Warrior. You can team up with me, I get hot about social injustice

iT3P8JpYA0eso.gif

^ me right now mad at straight folks
who are dicks. fuck that's kinda gendered too

Go sit in your blown up car Vinny Mac-Mac-Mannequin. I was gender impartial unless I was talking specifically about my girlfriend.

tumblr_misa04fKPg1s6cjavo1_250.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I guess the tradeoff for this username is that people have about 2 million gifs of Vince getting stunner'd or beat up to respond with :(

strobogo

Banned
I think it was a big step for wrasslin fans when Goldust turned face and would get cheered for sexually harassing other men instead of getting faggot chants like the Freebirds. Or King being a heel for calling him a fag on TV instead of getting cheered like he would have a few years prior. Or people genuinely being happy for Billy and Chuck and then being mad that the gay thing was just an act.

http://i.minus.com/igWamDAJjZ3U3.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think it was a big step for wrasslin fans when Goldust turned face and would get cheered for sexually harassing other men instead of getting faggot chants like the Freebirds. Or King being a heel for calling him a fag on TV instead of getting cheered like he would have a few years prior. Or people genuinely being happy for Billy and Chuck and then being mad that the gay thing was just an act.

http://i.minus.com/igWamDAJjZ3U3.gif

Yeah it was pretty nuts. Wrestling fans in a mob can be kinda backwards...a LOT. And in that era it was all over the place.

I have no real recollection of the Chuck and Billy stuff. Every time I hear them together I think of the awesome Testament vocalist, Chuck Billy. Who is a badass, cool dude.

dTq3evul.jpg

Hope you're ready for the avalanche of CernyVince gifs this week.

Why, did that piece of trash do something significant besides being a shitstain?

jmdajr

Testament one of those bands that could never quite get out of the mid-card. Very talented but for whatever reason, just couldn't get up there.

strobogo

Banned
Billy and Chuck were a good dteam and totally should have been married. The angle that "We're not gay, we were just trying to get publicity" sucked. They should have gone the way with it and had them be the first married, gay tag team champions in WWE history. I mean, they turned face after the engagement. I think fans were ready for it. And then shortly after, Rico (already about 7 gay stereotypes) went full Adrian Street.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Testament one of those bands that could never quite get out of the mid-card. Very talented but for whatever reason, just couldn't get up there.

Revered by true thrash metal fans is a great reward though. It's like loving Mr. Perfect's IC title run.

Based Cerny.

You leave Cerny alone Sunny Mac, BAH GAWD YOU LEAVE HIM ALONE!

Again, did he do something significant lately? And "shitting out a turd called Knack" isn't significant.

Aiii

So not worth it
Again, did he do something significant lately? And "shitting out a turd called Knack" isn't significant.

I have no clue, I follow very little gaming news nowadays. I just kind of see things happening and then all of a sudden there's a game out I'd love to play and I get that and I'm not on any hype train for anything so every game is just "fun" again.

Long story short, Cerny gave me the PS4 and that's the gift that keeps on giving.

On a sidenote, I have a ton of games to play and then Blizzard releases a level 90 boost for WoW so now I have five unplayed new games and I'm stuck playing WoW again... :(

Revered by true thrash metal fans is a great reward though. It's like loving Mr. Perfect's IC title run.

He's emceeing a tribute to Yu Suzuki at GDC. If Sony announces Shenmue 3, we might as well shut GAF down for a week lol.

edit: oops, it's not a tribute, it's a postmortem about Shenmue

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have no clue, I follow very little gaming news nowadays. I just kind of see things happening and then all of a sudden there's a game out I'd love to play and I get that and I'm not on any hype train for anything so every game is just "fun" again.

Long story short, Cerny gave me the PS4 and that's the gift that keeps on giving.

On a sidenote, I have a ton of games to play and then Blizzard releases a level 90 boost for WoW so now I have five unplayed new games and I'm stuck playing WoW again... :(

lmao, he "gave" you the ps4. so generous! that's a $400 value!

keep simping on Cerny Aiii. You're like a bad Jimmy Garvin after a Precious turn.

Ahh, Precious:

HI4ED0Y.jpg

strobogo

Banned
I haven't even turned my 360 on since the Network started up. Well, once to see if the Network worked on it, which it didn't at the time. Who has time for games when you can have Golden Era WWF and NWA on your TV at all times?

lmao, he "gave" you the ps4. so generous! that's a $400 value!

keep simping on Cerny Aiii. You're like a bad Jimmy Garvin after a Precious turn.

Ahh, Precious:

HI4ED0Y.jpg

YEAH YEAH YEAAAAAAAH. I don't like Jimmy Jam either, but he was much better in the ring than Hayes.

I took my wife with me to Raw once and she fell asleep in her chair halfway through the show. Who falls asleep in an arena full of screaming members of the WWE Universe?! Even Kane's pyro didn't wake her up! :/

I guess the tradeoff for this username is that people have about 2 million gifs of Vince getting stunner'd or beat up to respond with :(

Sorry Sunny, I legit laughed.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't even turned my 360 on since the Network started up. Well, once to see if the Network worked on it, which it didn't at the time. Who has time for games when you can have Golden Era WWF and NWA on your TV at all times?

YEAH YEAH YEAAAAAAAH. I don't like Jimmy Jam either, but he was much better in the ring than Hayes.

Yeah he absolutely is. I loved him so much pre-Freebirds, but he was a good fit with them as well. It just doesn't touch his Precious WCCW run. That was some amazing stuff, what a great character. The whole Von Erich feud with David and him, and having to work on his estate was so good. Sunshine was a top tier woman as well, totally awesome. Garvin and Sunshine, I think, were kayfabe couple but Garvin was legit married to Precious at the time.

Garvin's promos with either Sunshine or Precious were all great things. He's a natural on the mic.

strobogo

Banned
I took my wife with me to Raw once and she fell asleep in her chair halfway through the show. Even Kane's pyro didn't wake her up. :/

I legit laughed.

Man, the pyro is fucking LOUD. I have no idea how someone like Kane doesn't have permanent hearing loss from standing so close to the pyro for years. The pyro for Kane, Brodus, and Jericho made my ears ring even in the cheap seats. I can't imagine people in the ring/Gorilla/whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom