• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel Bryan is a Hipster among Hipsters

TD_201_Photo_17.jpg

Bryan should really embrace it, start wearing horn rimmed glasses and wrestling in toms. His hipsterishness makes me like him even more, he's a wrestling Bon Iver.

jred2k

Oh man, we live in a golden age. When I was a kid, I had one game for children's day, one game for my birthday, one game for christmas and that was it. 3 games a year. Maybe a 4th one if something wonderful and special happened like me breaking an arm.

Now my steam list has 205 games on it.

This is a completely off topic quote, but god damn were you right about KoA: Reckoning. I started it up over the weekend and it just does so much right. It's like the perfect combination of the things I like about Fable and the Elder Scrolls series. The towns feel kind of lifeless, but the rest of the world is a lot of fun to explore. The combat situations really offer a lot more freedom than I've ever gotten from the other series I mentioned. The caves and dungeons I've been through all feel unique and interesting, too. Skyrim really bummed me out after a few hours because everything felt so samey. I've put in close to 10 hours and I've done maybe three sections of the main quest cause the side quests just keep dragging me from town to town.

I have a question, though. What is the best way to increase my inventory size? The inventory is a little hard to manage without the consumables and items really indicating how many slots they take. The various potions and shards take up a ton of space on me right now.

jmdajr

OH MY GOD! THAT'S DANIEL BRYAN DRIVING INTO THE ARENA!

pbr-truck.jpg

Thank you Wikipedia.

The beer experienced a sales revival in the early 2000s after a two decade-long slump, largely due to its increasing popularity among urban hipsters.[5][8] Although the Pabst website features user-submitted photography, much of which features twenty-something Pabst drinkers dressed in alternative fashions,[9] the company has opted not to fully embrace the countercultural label in its marketing, fearing that doing so could jeopardize the very "authenticity" that made the brand popular (as was the case with the poorly received OK Soda).[5][10][11] Pabst instead targets its desired market niche through the sponsorship of indie music, local businesses, facial hair clubs (RVA Beard League), post-collegiate sports teams,[12] dive bars and radio programming like National Public Radio's All Things Considered.[8][13] The beer has also been featured prominently in films such as Blue Velvet,[14] Everything Must Go and Gran Torino,[15] and in television shows such as AMC's Breaking Bad. The company encourages fan art to be submitted online, and is subsequently shown on the beer's official Facebook page

but isn't D. Bry a rural hipster?

strobogo

Banned
Michael Hayes in a SHOOT fight?

I hope Cesaro wins the battle royal at Mania. Hogan presents him with the trophy. They have a pose down to Real American. Cesaro becomes a true real American and keeps the the entrance music. CESAROMANIA RUNNING WILD, BROTHER!

Kaladin

OH MY GOD! THAT'S DANIEL BRYAN DRIVING INTO THE ARENA!

pbr-truck.jpg

Please, if that was really Daniel "Hipster" Bryan, it would be a micro brew truck for a brewing company that no one has ever heard of but would receive a spike in sales overnight due to being put over on Monday Night Raw.

Sblargh

Banned
This is a completely off topic quote, but god damn were you right about KoA: Reckoning. I started it up over the weekend and it just does so much right. It's like the perfect combination of the things I like about Fable and the Elder Scrolls series. The towns feel kind of lifeless, but the rest of the world is a lot of fun to explore. The combat situations really offer a lot more freedom than I've ever gotten from the other series I mentioned. The caves and dungeons I've been through all feel unique and interesting, too. Skyrim really bummed me out after a few hours because everything felt so samey. I've put in close to 10 hours and I've done maybe three sections of the main quest cause the side quests just keep dragging me from town to town.

I have a question, though. What is the best way to increase my inventory size? The inventory is a little hard to manage without the consumables and items really indicating how many slots they take. The various potions and shards take up a ton of space on me right now.

After finishing it once, seek on the internets something called "hearthcore mod" or something like that, it's a cheat engine thing that makes the game hard and i'm telling you, that's some Dark Souls level of unforgiveness, perhaps more, coupled with this game excellent combat system, it is like the perfect game.

Shilling aside, the best and only way to increase inventory is buying backpacks, they are expensive and few places sell them, the first one is on the weapon store in the first town you come across, the second one is at the bar in Ysa. But what will really solve your inventory problems is just learning to use the "add to junk" button on everything you're not using, save yellow gear just in case you come across more of the same set. There are few stashes in the game, too, so using the "sell all junk" button is a lifesaver; also the merchant skill up to... 4 I think, let's you keep 15% of something's value in gold if you destroy it, you'll eventually end up with enough money to buy the universe, so there's no guilt of doing this in Vanilla. With the mod, it is suicide.

Off-topic or not, at this point, I could spend years talking about this precious gem of an awesome game. What destiny tree are you going for?

jmdajr

Please, if that was really Daniel "Hipster" Bryan, it would be a micro brew truck for a brewing company that no one has ever heard of but would receive a spike in sales overnight due to being put over on Monday Night Raw.

Does he even drink? You know who I think drinks a lot. Jericho. Dat rock n roll lifestyle.

edit: which is funny because wrestlers used to live it, and now they just play videogames.

strobogo

Banned
I hope it's Michael Hayes related.

I am making my way through the 99 PPVs still, why was he the manager of the hardy boyz? since I only watch the PPVs I don't get to see debuts and stuff on RAW :(

I don't even remember there being a storyline reason. He just was the manager for a month or two.

DMczaf

I hope it's Michael Hayes related.

I am making my way through the 99 PPVs still, why was he the manager of the hardy boyz? since I only watch the PPVs I don't get to see debuts and stuff on RAW :(

It's the typical "These guys can't talk, throw a mouth piece on them." manager.

Once they took off, they realized having Michael Hayes out there with cargos and a tight ass shirt on looked fucking ridiculous.

hayes.jpg

not Hayes related but i know you love a good lariato and this is one of the best i've seen in 30 years of following the business:

ieZwJ06uCCBLb.gif

almost a fuckin beheading.

Sanjuro

I hope he sprays Angry Orchid into the crowd and everyone...and everyone's gonna...EVERYONE'S GONNA PUKKKKEEEEE.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B
Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C
WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C
WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+
WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-
Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
WrestleMania IV - C
The Great American Bash '88 - B

Started hot and kinda lost steam as it went along... Still! It's one of the best I've watched so far. Solid B!

jred2k

After finishing it once, seek on the internets something called "hearthcore mod" or something like that, it's a cheat engine thing that makes the game hard and i'm telling you, that's some Dark Souls level of unforgiveness, perhaps more, coupled with this game excellent combat system, it is like the perfect game.

Shilling aside, the best and only way to increase inventory is buying backpacks, they are expensive and few places sell them, the first one is on the weapon store in the first town you come across, the second one is at the bar in Ysa. But what will really solve your inventory problems is just learning to use the "add to junk" button on everything you're not using, save yellow gear just in case you come across more of the same set. There are few stashes in the game, too, so using the "sell all junk" button is a lifesaver; also the merchant skill up to... 4 I think, let's you keep 15% of something's value in gold if you destroy it, you'll eventually end up with enough money to buy the universe, so there's no guilt of doing this in Vanilla. With the mod, it is suicide.

Off-topic or not, at this point, I could spend years talking about this precious gem of an awesome game. What destiny tree are you going for?

Ah yes I remember seeing that first backpack for sale and not having the money for it at the time. I'll have to go back for it. Junking stuff has been a god send, it makes shop interactions so quick and the ease of fast travel and navigating the map makes trips to shops completely unobtrusive.

I've been dumping all my skill points in to Finesse. I love the possibilities that bow/arrow and daggers combination provides. Speed and agility can be used so well with the combat system. I love being able to sneak up on trolls and getting in that beginning critical hit and then completely confusing it using lunge.

Ahh why do I have to be at work, I just want to go play it more.

Batigol

Banned
Is Mr.T really being inducted? I've been out

Plus, if he is, it better be Sylvester Stallone inducting him wearing Apollo Creed's shorts from Rocky 4 or I riot

Really? Damn. There are some specific useability things I want to review, and I don't really see them on any of the walkthroughs I've seen (although admittedly, I haven't looked that hard).

I'll have to see what I can figure out-I really don't want to have to resort to taking pictures of my TV with my camera, but I'll do what I gotta do, I guess.

I know we have a couple people here who stream, I took my setup down unfortunately. Maybe a wrasslegaf streamer (Mr. Luchador?. maybe?) can help with what you need.

Yeah I'm still streaming. What's the issue? I'm no expert though, I tend to use the very helpful sites already on the internets.

Started hot and kinda lost steam as it went along... Still! It's one of the best I've watched so far. Solid B!

Keep going with these! It's like a concise version of Strobogo's GIFamania Reviews!

Isn't that this thread?

I was sort of referring to the new Diablo3 thread, and the Steam Community thread, but I can forgive the Steam Community thread as it is a... community thread. This place is OK, I can let it be as we're all gimmicks - that's our gimmick.

Cagey

Banned
I took my wife with me to Raw once and she fell asleep in her chair halfway through the show. Who falls asleep in an arena full of screaming members of the WWE Universe?! Even Kane's pyro didn't wake her up! :/

Ha. My first ever GAF post was about this very thing. Someone posted a picture from an ROH show that had me and some buddies, plus my fiance sleeping. In the second row. In an uncomfortable ass chair with people screaming and bad metal music blaring.

I have to thank some unknown poster on this thread, BTW, for posting the following picture:

sWVs9.jpg

I hope Cesaro wins the battle royal at Mania. Hogan presents him with the trophy. They have a pose down to Real American. Cesaro becomes a true real American and keeps the the entrance music. CESAROMANIA RUNNING WILD, BROTHER!
I think you're right on. This is going to actually happen. The fake rumble is there to be a Cesaro showcase. It fits with the Andre theme and how Hogan had to be strong to get him up at WM3.

Sblargh

Banned
Ah yes I remember seeing that first backpack for sale and not having the money for it at the time. I'll have to go back for it. Junking stuff has been a god send, it makes shop interactions so quick and the ease of fast travel and navigating the map makes trips to shops completely unobtrusive.

I've been dumping all my skill points in to Finesse. I love the possibilities that bow/arrow and daggers combination provides. Speed and agility can be used so well with the combat system. I love being able to sneak up on trolls and getting in that beginning critical hit and then completely confusing it using lunge.

Ahh why do I have to be at work, I just want to go play it more.

Every destiny tree offers a genuine new experience of gameplay, it is magic what this game does, pure finesse is one of the most fun runs I did, by the end you'll be throwing 18 mines across the field, then firing 7 charged arrows at once, and then dodgind and slicin' like a motherfucker while shit explodes and enemies flies through the air and poison clouds explode. You could make a fucking montage and call it "why videogames are great".
Might is fun because of just powering through enemies like a boss and Sorcery is fun because due to the massive AoE damage you can cause, but finesse is its own thing, enemies receive damage from so many different sources that even you lose track of how you are killing them.

Due to the horrible exp and level scaling system, the game will spike into boredom on the third big area you explore because of how overpowered you will be, but hang in there because it picks up again on the final act and it's the ride of your life.

Have I mentioned I kind of like this game?

Sanjuro

I think you're right on. This is going to actually happen. The fake rumble is there to be a Cesaro showcase. It fits with the Andre theme and how Hogan had to be strong to get him up at WM3.

Cesaro wins the battle royal.

Hogan presents him the trophy.

Hogan hands it to him, pulls him closer, berates him for not being a "Real American, BROTHER."

Leg drops Cesaro. Rips his shirt. Crowd goes wild.

/perfectWrestlemania.

Jarrett's teasing something on Twitter for April 7th. Probably an announcement of his new wrestling thing.

Jeff Jarrett's Jersey Jungle Gym Emporium Extravaganza Bonanza Tennessee State Fair Wrestling Show!

Amazing Andre gif time!

4p5imHp.gif

It's moments like this that make you think they really missed the boat with Big Show in the WWE. He sort of had that Giant thing going as The Giant in WCW, but in WWF/WWE he was just a big dummy. Now everyone hates him. Poor Big Show :(

Yeah I'm still streaming. What's the issue? I'm no expert though, I tend to use the very helpful sites already on the internets.

No issues-I'm in the process of writing a UX study on the Network for my blog, and wanted some high-quality screencaps to pair with it. Got a recommendation for the Elgato Gamecapture box, so I think I'm going to give that a shot.

DMczaf

WWE needs to make up their mind about WM3 lore. Feels like every week they change their mind on which match was the only match people talked about leaving the arena, Steamboat/Savage or Andre/Hogan.

No issues-I'm in the process of writing a UX study on the Network for my blog, and wanted some high-quality screencaps to pair with it. Got a recommendation for the Elgato Gamecapture box, so I think I'm going to give that a shot.

Oh right! Yeah Elgato is good and is anything AVerMedia, both of which should be able to do the job you're after at ~£120/$100. This is an external one, so you should be able to use it with other devices and not just via your PC.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005RKDI8E/

There are internal ones, but you'll have to run everything via your PC, which can be a bit of a cable nightmare.

WWE needs to make up their mind about WM3 lore. Feels like every week they change their mind on which match was the only match people talked about leaving the arena, Steamboat/Savage or Andre/Hogan.

Lil' Jimmies in the 80s talked about Hogan.
Lil' Interstate Smarks talked about Steamboat/Savage.

Life never changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom