• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
oh lawd that Heavy post. goddamn!

also JBL isn't Cranky. It was a clever ruse, played out how I would have done it if I was trying to get JBL pinned down to it.

Even looking at the history, Cranky tweeted while JBL was out climbing mountains for babbys. Cranky was outed a ways back on someone else, an ex-WWE writer's twitter. Can't remember who because I don't care about those people.

Goddamn that Bray Wyatt promo. So fucking good.
EWmof.gif
Bray Wyatt
p0QHO.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
One thing I didn't skip is wasting $30 this morning. I hate Metal Gear. Last good one was Piece Waika.

Which wasn't all that long ago. It's 4 I have the problem with. Everything else is grabie. Loved Ac!d too.

Kaladin

I'm wonder how people would react if Bryan beat Triple H in less than 20 seconds similarly to what happened at WM28. Probably won't happen given how little in way of matches they have so far to fill 4 hours.

Given how they have built up Bryan as an Iron Man wrestler, who can go multiple times in a night, having him beat Triple H and then move on to beat Randy Orton and Batista in the same night would solidify him not only as a main eventer, but as a top tier guy.....kind of like how it worked for Chris Jericho when he won the unified titled tournament (though not at Mania, so it didn't have the same effect as this should).

Striker

Jericho's Mania payoff following up beating Austin and Rock in the same night was to put over that up and comer Hunner Hearst Helmsley.

One of the worst Raws ever capped with one of the best endings ever. This show felt so flat and dry, like everyone just simultaneously decided to stop giving a shit, until they turned it all the way up just for the last moment.

I thought the whole of RAW was great. The only questionable part was the drawn out fetish beatdown ending but it worked to make HHH and Steph more threatening heels given they've just be calling Bryan a B+ player and getting their lackeys to do their dirty work since Summerslam.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Given how they have built up Bryan as an Iron Man wrestler, who can go multiple times in a night, having him beat Triple H and then move on to beat Randy Orton and Batista in the same night would solidify him not only as a main eventer, but as a top tier guy.....kind of like how it worked for Chris Jericho when he won the unified titled tournament (though not at Mania, so it didn't have the same effect as this should).
Jericho also beat both opponents with the help of outside interference and low blows so that didn't help his legitimacy. People would probably cheer Bryan anyways if he cheated to win both matches.

Sephzilla

One of the worst Raws ever capped with one of the best endings ever. This show felt so flat and dry, like everyone just simultaneously decided to stop giving a shit, until they turned it all the way up just for the last moment.

Watch last week's Smackdown. They're full faces now. Cole was watching them do a beatdown and marking out like it was vintage Shield.

Waaaat?

This was the best Raw in a long time

Kaladin

It really is all about how they handle Bryan after Mania.....are they ready to go forward with him as their top babyface with the title?

I hope so....they need someone who can work strong main event matches in that position. They can leave Cena as a secondary babyface and it wouldn't hurt him one bit.

Sblargh

Banned
+1 for entire raw being good. Even the token Fandango filler was good thanks to
Goldust. Too bad he almost died for it. (still curious about what happened in)

Aiii

So not worth it
One thing I didn't skip is wasting $30 this morning. I hate Metal Gear. Last good one was Piece Waika.

Which wasn't all that long ago. It's 4 I have the problem with. Everything else is grabie. Loved Ac!d too.

Yeah, I just put down 30 euro for the PS4 version of GZ too, because honestly I just couldn't resist.

I didn't hate 4 either though, that game still pushed all the right emotional buttons for me, of course the SM chapter, but also the end fight. Worked for me, even the 1,5 hour ending cutscene.

Sephzilla

The only time I even felt mildly hyped until the final segment was hearing the Shield's music. Otherwise it was super dull. Just a lot of forgettable stuff dragging on while we're supposed to be getting pumped for WM.

I really don't know what to tell you then. This was the best Raw I think we could possibly get with the current roster.

Only really dull part for me was Cena's speech, just because it's a speech he's recycled so much. Honestly, the final segment was cool, but it went on for far too long.

Aiii

So not worth it
The only thing I consider bad about Raw is that they had the big jobber tag match instead of doing AJ vs. Natalya 2 on Raw and doing a 3-minute champion loses in tag-match to set-up the four way instead.

Do that shit on Main Event, have the good Divas match on Raw, for fucks sake WWE.

Aiii

So not worth it
Triple H segments and matches always go about 10 minutes too long. Don't really know what it is about the guy, but he always keeps things going on just a tad too long.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
They should remake that scene from True Blood where Bill and his maker fuck on top of that dude who is bleeding all over the place, but with HHH and Steph on top of Bryan. That's the vibe I got from watching just the final segment.

I skimmed through yesterday's RAW, really. You guys were saying it was all great but I didn't find myself all too interested.

I do have a question though: Are they still running the disgruntled Miz angle where he walks to the announce table to complain about him not being on RAW? That shit looked like it was going nowhere and I want to confirm that it went nowhere.

Kaladin

I skimmed through yesterday's RAW, really. You guys were saying it was all great but I didn't find myself all too interested.

I do have a question though: Are they still running the disgruntled Miz angle where he walks to the announce table to complain about him not being on RAW? That shit looked like it was going nowhere and I want to confirm that it went nowhere.

I think he's pretty happy being on the backstage panel for the pre and post shows now.

jmdajr

Well then, I guess you didn't find it interesting. Can't say the same for me. Great leader even took the time to poop on CM, so it was a great Monday Night,

As for MIZ, beats me. Ziggs is in the Battle Royal so that tag team ain't happening in time for Mania.

It seemed like a pretty serviceable Raw from what I saw, hardly spectacular but not bad either. Really this it the least rocky the road to WM has been in quite some time, they're actually building matches and feuds up to some degree which is a pleasant surprise.
Of course it could still be much better but small steps to recovery I guess.

I'm actually getting intrigued by a HHH WM match, this hasn't happened since I was expecting Trips to give Sheamus the rub at WM26 which of course didn't happen.

I think he's pretty happy being on the backstage panel for the pre and post shows now.
Damn. Well, I guess at least he's doing something.

Well then, I guess you didn't find it interesting. Can't say the same for me. Great leader even took the time to poop on CM, so it was a great Monday Night,

As for MIZ, beats me. Ziggs is in the Battle Royal so that tag team ain't happening in time for Mania.
Well, I mean, I caught that all and it was funny for the moment but I guess I'm burned out from it all and just want to get to WrestleMania already so Daniel Bryan can finally have his WrestleMania moment(s).

I really don't want to see a Ziggler vs. Miz tag team as far as the dirtsheets are concerned.

Aiii

So not worth it
I can't wait for the Hornswoggle movie get him super over with kids and kickstart a serious push while The Marine 4 bombs.

I somehow doubt a horror movie is gonna get over with kids, but hey, who knows... I remember having nightmares for weeks after watching Predator as a kid.

Legs has a movie? That should be some nice Total Divas materiel.

Yep, she gets to play the Miz's love interest.

Which considering Maryse, isn't that much of a stretch I suppose.

jmdajr

It seemed like a pretty serviceable Raw from what I saw, hardly spectacular but not bad either. Really this it the least rocky the road to WM has been in quite some time, they're actually building matches and feuds up to some degree which is a pleasant surprise.
Of course it could still be much better but small steps to recovery I guess.

I'm actually getting intrigued by a HHH WM match, this hasn't happened since I was expecting Trips to give Sheamus the rub at WM26 which of course didn't happen.

The main event is setting up perfectly. It's not like Cena where no matter what they do, no one actually believes he can't beat the odds. But people still have REAL doubt about D.Bry. No one quite believes it 100%. I think that's good!

So matches so far

Brock vs Taker
Orton vs Batista vs HHH/D.Bry
HHH vs D. Bry
Bray vs Cena
Andre the Giant Super Battle Royale EX
Shield vs ??????
Usos vs????
Big E vs???????
Total Divas bathroom break.

Status
Not open for further replies.