• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

Here's what's on the card:

-Triple Threat match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Randy Orton (c) vs. Batista vs. winner of Daniel Bryan/Triple H

-Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H, winner is added to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match

-The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar

-John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

-Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal: Ryback, Big E, Curtis Axel, Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler, Fandango, Damien Sandow, Titus O'Neil, Christian, Sheamus, Big Show, Mark Henry

We can assume that we'll get Kane/?/? (not enough time to debut The Ascension, so probably Old Age Outlaws or Harper and Rowan) vs. The Shield, Real Americans vs. The Usos for the tag titles, and a multi-women match for the Divas title (AJ, Natalya, Nikki Bella, and Naomi). That gets us to 8 matches, and we'd probably have room for a Kid Rock musical performances featuring the women who aren't wrestling and a preshow match with The Miz and Kofi Kingston or the NXT guys.

We need 18 more for the battle royal, since it seems like Cesaro has been taken out of that match. Safe bets for the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal: Khali, Goldust, Cody Rhodes, Fandango, Rusev, Darren Young, Santino, R-Truth, Zack Ryder. Throw in 3MB, Los Matadores, Brodus Clay, Xavier Woods, Hunicara, The Miz, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, and you should fill up the battle royal.

If they want the Womans match on the main card, it's probably going to be AJ vs Naomi, with all the other girls as lumberjacks. A multi-woman tag match where the title isn't on the line would make more sense as a pre-show match.

For the battle royale, if nowhere else on the card, you figure Rey and Sin Cara are in it. I'm also guessing there is a "special" slot right now, that could go to Jake Roberts or someone else gimmicky to get thrown out quickly but get a big pop. At this point, the obvious finish is Rusev eliminating Big Show for the win, which leads to a natural feud between the 2 of them.

I'm also really curious about how they handle the HHH vs Bryan match. In one sense, it makes sense for it to be really early in the card so that the winner can "rest up" for the second match. But this is HHH- he isn't going to be anywhere but one of the bigger slots of the night. My best guess at this point is that it ends up the semi main and goes 25ish minutes, with the title match starting immediately afterwards, so both Batista and Orton can get heat on beating up the injured Bryan after HHH hits him with a sledgehammer or something post-match. It also saves the crowd, as Bryan doesn't have to come out twice in the same night. With this, I'm guessing the main event is short- 10ish minutes, because Dave can't really go more than that and Bryan will have just wrestled a long match.

Otherwise, the placement of the show seems fairly easy. Battle Royal opens the show, Shield Match follows it, and then you alternate Cena-Wyatt and Taker Brock with the 2 filler matches (Usos and Divas) before your main events.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Could it maybe be because you DELETED ME

Look man, you lost the Loser Gets Deleted Match

...I think

Man, I need to NOT try to remake GWF. I told myself I'd wait until this gen comes along.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't now why we're talking about fighters on Final Fantasy day

We all talked about it when it came out.

I can't wait to hear the shitty versions of the songs they did when my copy arrives tonight on Viter and I never play it because mobile gaming always takes a backseat to me unless I'm taking a shit. Should last me a good 2 years.

Alright guys, to prove I actually have been doing stuff that's kept me from my X-7 review, I present to you... Vincent Kennedy McMahon... In animated form. Pardon the white background and skeleton still at the end, It's more of a skill demo than anything else.

Also, I need a feud. Someone step up!
I LOVE IT
Doesn't your brother post here?

Hardy Boys feud!
ya just eat your brother's dog and blow up his family

that's what matt did, right

jmdajr

url

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of souls and swords, eternally retold.

there should be a fighting game (2D sprites, even!) that uses wrestlers' gimmicks. Like Kane has fire attacks and Undertaker is literally impossible to beat and shit like that

Otherwise, the placement of the show seems fairly easy. Battle Royal opens the show, Shield Match follows it, and then you alternate Cena-Wyatt and Taker Brock with the 2 filler matches (Usos and Divas) before your main events.

I'm thinking it goes like this:

0. Pre-show match XXX

1. WWE Tag Team Championship match: The Usos (c) vs. The Real Americans

2. Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H

3. Kane/?/? vs. The Shield

4. Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

5. WWE Divas Championship match: AJ Lee (c) vs. Naomi (?) vs. Natalya (?) vs. Niki Bella (?)

6. The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar

7. John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

8. WWE World Heavyweight Championship match: Randy Orton (c) vs. Batista vs. Triple H/Daniel Bryan

You start with what could be a solid and fast-paced 12-15 minutes tag match, move to Bryan/Triple H for 25-30 minutes, schedule the other matches to give Bryan (or Triple H) time to recover, hold the battle royal to put Rusev over, have a title change with the women (which also serves as de facto intermission), then go with the big three matches of the card. The Undertaker's matches have been 5th or 6th on the card the past few years, so putting it 6th this year seems about right. Cena automatically gets his matches placed high on the card, and then you have Orton/Batista/Bryan or Triple H in the main event, presumably with the show ending with 70,000 people chanting "Yes" after Bryan wins for your WrestleMania moment.

We all talked about it when it came out.

I can't wait to hear the shitty versions of the songs they did when my copy arrives tonight on Viter and I never play it because mobile gaming always takes a backseat to me unless I'm taking a shit. Should last me a good 2 years.
you staved off vita's death for another day by purchasing X

there should be a fighting game (2D sprites, even!) that uses wrestlers' gimmicks. Like Kane has fire attacks and Undertaker is literally impossible to beat and shit like that
the wrestlemania arcade game was a bit like that, game sucked compared to wrestlefest though

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wrestlefest arcade game > pretty much all other wrasslin games released in America

How quickly we forget WrestleMania: The Arcade Game.

I enjoyed Saturday Night Slam Masters at the time, but it doesn't hold up.

Sblargh

Banned
I say Bryan vs Triple H directly into Triple Threat.
It's his Wrestlemania Moment™ plus the second match is a triple threat which warrants some rest spots for Bryan to alternate with Batista's rests spots after the first 10 minutes. I say he can do it. Won't be easy, of course, but by the sweet lord Jayzus H Zandig this is his moment of greatness. It has to be a gauntlet.

After the 90 minutes epic ordeal, he can marry Brie right then on the spot, have a second Wrestlemania Moment™ and take a month off riding in the sunset.

And y'all fuckers better not complain about him not defending his title for one lousy honeymoon month.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Alright so here's the WrassleGAF's Current Feuds list:

Strobogo & Axl Rose vs Konnan & Michael Hayes
Sandman vs Heavy - I Quit Match
BronsonLee vs BillRiccio in a Grudge Match (No DQ)
Rafa vs Dean Ambrose on a Renee Young On A Pole Match
Professor Beef vs Bean Breath in a "Loser Can't Speak for 30 Days" Match
Mr. Nobody vs Aiii - If Aiii loses, he gets a username change to Mrs. Nobody - If Mr. Nobody wins, he's turned back into KOG

What else am I missing?
Me in a gauntlet match for either the honor of my looks or the honor of TNA

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No Cerny, no sale.

Which reminds me, I was gonna Cerny up some wrestlegaf avatars. I'll do it when I'm off work. Stro and Sunny are up first

Why would you do this? I'll never wear it unless I lose a ban bet.

Pre Show: Andre Battle Royal (Sheamus)

0: 20 minute Hogan Promo

1: Usos vs Real Americans for Tag Team Championships

2: Kane vs Shield No DQ Handicap match

3: Cena vs Bray (Taking a huge gamble on this one, but I just got this feeling...)

4: Undertaker vs Lesnar

5: Kid Rock Concert

5.5: Divas match (I don't give a fuck)

6: HHH vs Bryan (double DQ)

7: Orton vs Batista vs HHH vs Bryan for WWE Championship (Fingerpoke of Doom finish with both HHH and Orton laying down for Dave).

bigkrev

Pre Show: Andre Battle Royal (Sheamus)

0: 20 minute Hogan Promo

1: Usos vs Real Americans for Tag Team Championships

2: Kane vs Shield No DQ Handicap match

3: Cena vs Bray (Taking a huge gamble on this one, but I just got this feeling...)

4: Undertaker vs Lesnar

5: Kid Rock Concert

5.5: Divas match (I don't give a fuck)

6: HHH vs Bryan (double DQ)

7: Orton vs Batista vs HHH vs Bryan for WWE Championship (Fingerpoke of Doom finish with both HHH and Orton laying down for Dave).

This isn't WCW, they aren't ending arguably the most important show in the history of the company (due to the Network launch) with something like that. If Bryan isn't winning, this match isn't going on last- Undertaker will take that spot.

Realistically, if you have Bray beat Cena, you need to have Bryan win, but if Cena wins, you don't need to have Bryan win.

Also, the chance of HHH winning the belt is zero- he isn't going out on house shows to defend the thing, and this isn't a Rock situation, where he is the fucking Rock, and you have 2 world titles anyway.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Alright so here's the WrassleGAF's Current Feuds list:

Strobogo & Axl Rose vs Konnan & Michael Hayes
Sandman vs Heavy - I Quit Match
BronsonLee vs BillRiccio in a Grudge Match (No DQ)
Rafa vs Dean Ambrose on a Renee Young On A Pole Match
Professor Beef vs Bean Breath in a "Loser Can't Speak for 30 Days" Match
Mr. Nobody vs Aiii - If Aiii loses, he gets a username change to Mrs. Nobody - If Mr. Nobody wins, he's turned back into KOG

What else am I missing?

Entropia vs. alcohol

Aiii

So not worth it
I am currently not feuding with Fex, we turned a corner when he stopped hating on AJ and I came around on Eva.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Raw After Wrestlemania will be so much more amazing if Bryan loses at Mania than if he wins.

Yeah. Especially if he beats HHH only to get screwed out of the title by HHH in the main event. Putting the title on Batista would generate some heat which is also an upgrade over the Orton era.

Sblargh

Banned
It will be a completely new experience both to come out of a PPV where Bryan doesn't win the title and one where he wins just lose it the next monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom