• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I would like two excellent matches where Bryan wins marking the beginning of a reign with well written feuds starring someone who we know that can wrestle and has never been in this position before and good workers who deliver good in- ring action.

Or we could stay with a non - title reign, a Daniel Bryan still doing the underdog thing, which will die with a whimper in two months while being shoved down our throats because gotta sell those t-shirts. But hey, at least we'll get to have fun with frustrated people on the Internet because that's always better than the genre we love actually living up to its potential.

Rant is due to it being lazy trolling at this point.

"wouldn't it be fun if the anticlimactic result would frustrate people so we could see they venting on the internet?"

No, it wouldn't. I mean, he might lose, something good might come out of an angle where he loses, but this thing of wishing the actual wworst ending that will just make people regret the money spent on this business is some 4chan level of lazy trolling.

Yeah, the trolling angle has been explained to me before but I'm still not sure why this is a desirable outcome. Regardless, I think the happy ending to Mania is a lock at this point.

Thinking about starting a very dedicated wrestling tumblr

airbrushedsinglets.tumblr.com
peoplein90swcwcrowds.tumblr.com
mentaldisordersasgimmicks.tumblr.com

WHICH ONE DO I WANT?

BiZvaM-IMAEKsKl.jpg

BiKpXMjIgAEWkaD.jpg

mrboo001

Banned
Guys, HHH is kind of awesome right now...

I actually want him to beat Bryan and win the title.

He's thoroughly enjoyable right now in every way

Am I alone?

HHH has definitely improved from last year. Part of me would like HHH to go after all the titles this year but I'd rather have Bryan has his WrestleMania moment.

Does any have a gif if Cesaro and Swagger celebrating post match and attempting to shake each other's hand and failing?

Also, anything from Naomi from last night .

I would like two excellent matches where Bryan wins marking the beginning of a reign with well written feuds starring someone who we know that can wrestle and has never been in this position before and good workers who deliver good in- ring action.

Or we could stay with a non - title reign, a Daniel Bryan still doing the underdog thing, which will die with a whimper in two months while being shoved down our throats because gotta sell those t-shirts. But hey, at least we'll get to have fun with frustrated people on the Internet because that's always better than the genre we love actually living up to its potential.

Rant is due to it being lazy trolling at this point.

"wouldn't it be fun if the anticlimactic result would frustrate people so we could see they venting on the internet?"

No, it wouldn't. I mean, he might lose, something good might come out of an angle where he loses, but this thing of wishing the actual wworst ending that will just make people regret the money spent on this business is some 4chan level of lazy trolling.

I've seen "CM Punk should screw Bryan and start a year long feud" thing all over the internet and it's so fucking dumb it makes me want to vomit. Timing is everything in this business, and the time to pull the trigger on Bryan is now. You either do it at Wrestlemania 30, or not at all.

DMczaf

So where did DMczaf post his review? I can't find it

It's coming together. Almost done sorting my gifs out. "Review" (more like a non-alcoholic Red Bull fueled haze) has been written since last night.

Last line of my review: I now hate the Attitude Era.

XenoRaven

How dare Shibata broaden his horizons and pursue more than one dream.

And if they're not putting a belt on him I hope people like the sight of Okada wearing the IWGP belt because he's beaten everyone else.

Do you guy's know how to cancel the wwe network subscription ?

I've been to my account billing information on the wwe site and there is no cancel option

I'm in the UK btw

Kaladin

Do you guy's know how to cancel the wwe network subscription ?

I've been to my account billing information on the wwe site and there is no cancel option

I'm in the UK btw

call customer service at 866-308-5684 or change your renewal preferences in the Billing Information section of your WWE Network account.

Are you still in your free trial?

How dare Shibata broaden his horizons and pursue more than one dream.

It's not about that, it's about leaving the company that trained him when they needed him the most - New Japan were in big financial trouble, to the point that Inoki had to sell the promotion he'd created to freaking Yukes, and that same year Shibata quit to take a big money deal from upstart promotion Big Mouth Loud, which ultimately failed a year later. It's not hard to understand why guys on the roster and in the office might have a chip on their shoulder now Shibata's back and that he needs them more than they need him.

XenoRaven said:
And if they're not putting a belt on him I hope people like the sight of Okada wearing the IWGP belt because he's beaten everyone else.

Nakamura.

That'll do a lot for the belt. The guy who's already over winning it. No one gets a rub there. Screwing Naito painted them into a corner with that belt. They're too obsessed with making Okada look good.

No one screwed Naito, except maybe the fans - giving him the belt without turning him heel would have been madness and I'm still certain he only won the G1 because Goto got injured. Given the ring rust he was showing during the tournament I can't believe he was scheduled to win it from the start.

Also, you don't think a Nakamura vs Okada feud over the belt and, ultimately, the control of CHAOS sounds like a total money feud?

call customer service at 866-308-5684 or change your renewal preferences in the Billing Information section of your WWE Network account.

Are you still in your free trial?

Yeah i'm still on the free trial , the first payment for me is supposed to be next week Tuesday .

Calling customer service is going to be expensive for me but would changing my renewal preferences work and cancel the subscription ?

Son Of D

I need someone to refresh my memory about two gifs.

ai3kUTx.gif

whokxec7.gif

Where are these from again?

Also with Big Show in the Battle Royal, what are the chances that we get a Cesaro Swing on him? Cesaro is in that match right?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's fine for the short term. The matter of the fact is they don't have a long term.

They screwed Goto. He's never going to be champion because he's been 'the underdog' for too damn long. He's RVD or Jericho, even if he won it, it'd be some of the lowest ratings they'd ever draw because people think of him as a midcard.

Kojima's too old to be building the company around. Same with Suzuki.

Who the fuck knows what they're doing with Naito

Yujiro is a solid midcarder, but that's it.

Devitt's commitment is up in the air, and A) he's a gaijin B) he's too small.

Anderson is a gaijin, but I feel like him about how I feel for Goto. If he was going to get it, he would have gotten it by now. He hasn't. So he won't. And Bullet Club makes him look like Devitt's stooge.

Ishii is too old.

So who does that leave us with. Shibata, and the same three who are always main eventing -- Tanahashi, Nakamura, and Okada. And I hate to say it, but Okada's shine will wear off eventually. He's not that great of a talker, thus why he has a manager, and he's not a monster. Wrestlers with managers to talk for them who aren't monsters? Usually don't last forever.

XenoRaven

My initial reaction to a Nakamura feud was kind of lukewarm, but the more I think about it, the more I like it. The belt isn't always about giving a younger guy the rub. And Okada has won enough to warrant his own "Okada wins lol" meme. A Nakamura title run would be pretty fun. Then he could drop it to Shibata, Naito, Goto, or DEVITT.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did Frankman get banned or something? I haven't seen him around these parts.

He's permed.

I'm fine with Okada and Tanahashi being the faces of NJPW for a long time. And it's not like they're lacking with others to bring up to that level.

The tough part is keeping it exciting after they've all faced each other. Okada is probably the best champion in terms of crossover appeal and general acceptability since Tanahashi, and they really brought NJPW into a huge market these past couple years.

jred2k

That must be a Smackdown episode. No doubt that gif needs to be upgraded.

Big Show and The Undertaker defeated Mankind (c) and The Rock (c) - Tag Team Buried Alive match for the World Tag Team Championship

It's from that match. I remember finding a video of it a couple months ago on Daily Motion. It's from September 7th, 1999.

They screwed Goto. He's never going to be champion because he's been 'the underdog' for too damn long. He's RVD or Jericho, even if he won it, it'd be some of the lowest ratings they'd ever draw because people think of him as a midcard.

I'm with you on this - Goto has little to no personality, he's not getting a run with the main belt unless it's a short 'reward' reign for all his work over the years. I could definitely see him winning the Intercontinental title at some point, though.

Dragonzord said:
Kojima's too old to be building the company around. Same with Suzuki.

Either would be fine as a transitional champ and can still pull out the stops to put someone over - Kojima had a great G1 last year, while Suzuki was in my MOTY for 2012.

Also, Nagata might make a good transitional champ.

Dragonzord said:
Who the fuck knows what they're doing with Naito

If they were going to turn him heel (which I would have preferred), they would've done it already - so I think they're rebuilding him. Gotta get rid of that NEVER stink and, seeing as Ishii's beat him twice now, it's safe to assume they're moving Naito on. We'll see how he's doing after the G1, but I'm still not ruling out the slim possibility of them replicating Okada's path to his second IWGP title reign (Naito loses to Okada at WK, wins the New Japan Cup, wins the title at Invasion Attack). He's been getting a lot better reactions lately - even Korakuen is warming up to him as a face.

Dragonzord said:
Yujiro is a solid midcarder, but that's it.

Yujiro's someone I'd like to see built up, as I think he can do well towards the top-half of the card, he just needs more of a chance to shine.

Dragonzord said:
Anderson is a gaijin, but I feel like him about how I feel for Goto. If he was going to get it, he would have gotten it by now. He hasn't. So he won't. And Bullet Club makes him look like Devitt's stooge.

If Devitt leaves, Karl will be in a far better position as the top heel gaijin. Not sure if that'll be enough for a title run, though.

Dragonzord said:
He's not that great of a talker, thus why he has a manager, and he's not a monster. Wrestlers with managers to talk for them who aren't monsters? Usually don't last forever.

Firstly, I think we're overstating the importance of being a good talker. Obviously it's important, but not to the degree where it's impossible that Okada will ever be at, say, Tanahashi's level on the mic. Okada's improving all the time - watch his post match speeches, he gets some good reactions now, which (judging from yottsume's translations) seem to be based around his blasé character and the sort-of catchphrase he's been using recently ("That's Mr. Okada!").

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wish Anderson could be free of Bullet Club but at the same time, his pre-BC stuff wasn't terribly memorable. Don't get me wrong, it was still good, but his BC affiliation has really brought him up quite a bit. Still, without it, I'd be concerned a bit and wouldn't see him going further because he really isn't that huge (I know, shut up) but if you're a gaijin you need to look like a monster. When it comes to NJPW, I don't say the same about DG.

Ibushi really deserves more, and I like watching Naito but he's missing something crucial, something I can't put my finger on.

I went ahead and bought Yottsume's subtitlin' work for Toru Together 2. Can't wait to watch it.

Son Of D

Second one is from Tough Enough

That must be a Smackdown episode. No doubt that gif needs to be upgraded.

Big Show and The Undertaker defeated Mankind (c) and The Rock (c) - Tag Team Buried Alive match for the World Tag Team Championship

It's from that match. I remember finding a video of it a couple months ago on Daily Motion. It's from September 7th, 1999.

Thanks y'all. Hopefully that Buried Alive match shows up on the Network soon. A high quality one will be good to have.

Ithil

He's permed.

I'm fine with Okada and Tanahashi being the faces of NJPW for a long time. And it's not like they're lacking with others to bring up to that level.

The tough part is keeping it exciting after they've all faced each other. Okada is probably the best champion in terms of crossover appeal and general acceptability since Tanahashi, and they really brought NJPW into a huge market these past couple years.

Isn't that a little 80s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom