• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

It will be a completely new experience both to come out of a PPV where Bryan doesn't win the title and one where he wins just lose it the next monday.

Seriously. Fuck those endings. We've seen them time and again. WM is the moment to finally pull the damn trigger.

Entropia

No One Remembers
That was a mistake I own up to. Much like when WCW spent a lot of money on getting ECW stars in, that one abandoned us REALLY quick and ended up climbing to greater heights. :/ I definitely regret that one.

To be fair, Queen of Thorns needed another female in the 'fed!

Line-up for the New Japan Cup 2nd Round on Saturday;

NJPW, "NEW JAPAN CUP - 2nd ROUND", 2014.03.22
Nagoya Congress Center

www.ustream.tv/njpw - $15

17:00 JST | 09:00 EU | 08:00 UK | 04:00 East Coast | 01:00 West Coast

1. Sho Tanaka vs Yohei Komatsu
2. Yuji Nagata, Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Tiger Mask vs CHAOS (Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & YOSHI-HASHI)
3. G.B.H. (Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma) & Ryusuke Taguchi vs Bullet Club (Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows & Tama Tonga)
4. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Manabu Nakanishi, El Desperado & Captain New Japan vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii, Yujiro Takahashi & Jado)
5. New Japan Cup - 2nd Round: Katsuyori Shibata vs Shelton 'X' Benjamin
6. New Japan Cup - 2nd Round: Tetsuya Naito vs Bad Luck Fale
7. New Japan Cup - 2nd Round: Hirooki Goto vs Minoru Suzuki
8. New Japan Cup - 2nd Round: Shinsuke Nakamura vs Prince Devitt

Pretty standard undercard, but some of those tags should be fun and I always enjoy seeing the young lions get to battle it out. The New Japan Cup matches themselves look good, although Naito/Fale could go one of two ways (surprisingly good or, wow, that was bad) and Shibata/Shelton should be...interesting, but Goto/Suzuki & Nakamura/Devitt are what I'm in for. I definitely think Shibata's taking this, but with the loser of the final getting a shot at whichever belt the winner doesn't chose, it makes things a bit more interesting - I had predicted a Nakamura/Shibata final, but Meltzer thinks it'll be Suzuki/Shibata with Shibata winning to face Okada for the heavyweight title and Suzuki facing Tanahashi for the IC title. I like that idea.

Showaddy

Yeah. Especially if he beats HHH only to get screwed out of the title by HHH in the main event. Putting the title on Batista would generate some heat which is also an upgrade over the Orton era.

Massive fucking downgrade on the wrestling side though. If they give the belt to Bootista it's coming off the moment Guardians premiers because any wrestling programme with him is fucked.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Bryan wins at Mania, immediately loses title to Batista on RAW
Puhuhuhu!

Screw that. I want Bryan to win the title at WM and 5 minutes into his celebration on RAW the lights go off.

And then they come back on and its none other than John Cena and HHH beating the shit out of Bryan. HHH starts the impromptu match and counts to 3 and puts the title on Cena. An A+ superstar who deserves the title.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Really looking forward to Fale/Naito - that should be different and interesting. Goto/Suzuki should be awesome, same with Nakamura/Devitt. There's not many matches on this card I'd be tired of seeing. Bring it on, I'm all in!

No chance Shibata goes over Shelton X Benjamin though.

Screw that. I want Bryan to win the title at WM and 5 minutes into his celebration on RAW the lights go off.

And then they come back on and its none other than John Cena and HHH beating the shit out of Bryan. HHH starts the impromptu match and counts to 3 and puts the title on Cena. An A+ superstar who deserves the title.

I like this idea. Cena jobs to Bray, GOES FULL CRAZY

Pavaloo

Arredondo_Walk_Cycle.gif

Sorry for the size, trying to wrap up another project at the same time.

good work dude!

Sblargh

Banned
Well, at least in the comics, Drax is the only one that has a personal reason for going after Thanos, the rest are just kind of defending the galaxy in general.

It might only mean he only has 6 or 7 lines, but the character is important.

Showaddy

Well, at least in the comics, Drax is the only one that has a personal reason for going after Thanos, the rest are just kind of defending the galaxy in general.

He's not even going after Thanos any more, it's just a revenge plot against Ronan in the film.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Really looking forward to Fale/Naito - that should be different and interesting. Goto/Suzuki should be awesome, same with Nakamura/Devitt. There's not many matches on this card I'd be tired of seeing. Bring it on, I'm all in!

No chance Shibata goes over Shelton X Benjamin though.

Shelton Benjamin is a joke. Shibata is the Randy Orton of Japan. They wanted to make him the face of Japanese wrestling before his hiatus.

Gamora also has her whole thing and is being played by a much more capable/well-known actor

Line-up for this year's All Japan Champion Carnival;

Block A:
- Akebono
- Suwama
- Takao Omori
- Kento Miyahara
- Osamu Nishimura
- Kendo Kashin

Block B:
- Jun Akiyama
- Go Shiozaki
- Joe Doering
- KENSO
- Yutaka Yoshie
- Zeus

Gawd, Kendo Kashin :|

Shame Nishimura isn't in the other block, there's a lot more interesting matches for him there, but Nishi vs Omori should be fun, as well as him tying young Miyahara into a knot.

Also, Dave Prazak posted this old CM Punk picture on twitter;

http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r558/GeorgeSORHOS/IWA_zps2798d064.jpg

Lol, Ian Rotten. I just don't know what you see in IWA Mid South, Bronson.

Dragonzord said:
Shelton Benjamin is a joke. Shibata is the Randy Orton of Japan. They wanted to make him the face of Japanese wrestling before his hiatus.

Which just makes his decision to leave all the more ridiculous, in hindsight. Perhaps if Big Mouth Loud or Uwai Station had taken off rather than going broke, then it'd be a different matter, and the less said about this MMA career the better. Dude could have been multiple time IWGP champion by this point.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Which just makes his decision to leave all the more ridiculous, in hindsight. Perhaps if Big Mouth Loud or Uwai Station had taken off rather than going broke, then it'd be a different matter, and the less said about this MMA career the better. Dude could have been multiple time IWGP champion by this point.

Shrug, one of his best friends is an MMA legend, and I imagine he picked up a lot from Sakuraba. Honestly, even though his success rate was lower, I feel like his short time in MMA does have that kind of Brock effect where I take him more seriously now than I did before.

He's a much better wrestler for his time off. Better pacing, better selling, better execution.

Batigol

Banned
Guys, HHH is kind of awesome right now...

I actually want him to beat Bryan and win the title.

He's thoroughly enjoyable right now in every way

Am I alone?

Line-up for the New Japan Cup 2nd Round on Saturday;

NJPW, "NEW JAPAN CUP - 2nd ROUND", 2014.03.22
Nagoya Congress Center

www.ustream.tv/njpw - $15

17:00 JST | 09:00 EU | 08:00 UK | 04:00 East Coast | 01:00 West Coast

1. Sho Tanaka vs Yohei Komatsu
2. Yuji Nagata, Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Tiger Mask vs CHAOS (Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & YOSHI-HASHI)
3. G.B.H. (Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma) & Ryusuke Taguchi vs Bullet Club (Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows & Tama Tonga)
4. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Manabu Nakanishi, El Desperado & Captain New Japan vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii, Yujiro Takahashi & Jado)
5. New Japan Cup - 2nd Round: Katsuyori Shibata vs Shelton 'X' Benjamin
6. New Japan Cup - 2nd Round: Tetsuya Naito vs Bad Luck Fale
7. New Japan Cup - 2nd Round: Hirooki Goto vs Minoru Suzuki
8. New Japan Cup - 2nd Round: Shinsuke Nakamura vs Prince Devitt

Pretty standard undercard, but some of those tags should be fun and I always enjoy seeing the young lions get to battle it out. The New Japan Cup matches themselves look good, although Naito/Fale could go one of two ways (surprisingly good or, wow, that was bad) and Shibata/Shelton should be...interesting, but Goto/Suzuki & Nakamura/Devitt are what I'm in for. I definitely think Shibata's taking this, but with the loser of the final getting a shot at whichever belt the winner doesn't chose, it makes things a bit more interesting - I had predicted a Nakamura/Shibata final, but Meltzer thinks it'll be Suzuki/Shibata with Shibata winning to face Okada for the heavyweight title and Suzuki facing Tanahashi for the IC title. I like that idea.
Buying that just for Nakamura vs. Devitt.

Aiii

So not worth it

Am I alone?
I was with you until the him winning part.

Full heel Trips has always been amazing.

Somebody say, "Hey, we want some pussy"
(Hey, we want some pussy)
Let me hear you say, "Hey, we want some pussy"

You see, me and my homies like to play this game
We call it Amtrak but some call it the train
We all would line up in a single-file line
And take our turns at waxing girls' behinds
But every time it came to me, I was shit out of luck
Because I'd stick my dick in, and it would get stuck
The girls would say "Stop!" I'd say "I'm not!
That's enough, I quit, 'cause y'all are bustin' me out!"
I say, girls, don't hide it, just divide it
And please don't knock it until you've tried it
So to all of you bitches and all you hoes
Let's have group sex and do the Rambo!

I'm the Peter Piper of the 1980's
Got a long hard dick for all of the ladies
I don't care if you got three babies
You can work the stick in my Mercedes
If you wanna blow, just let me know
We can go backstage at the end of the show
I'll look at you, and you will look at me
With my dick in my hands as you fall to your knees
You know what to do, 'cause I won't say please
Just nibble on my dick like a rat does cheese!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Am I alone?

Anything is an improvement over the current 'feud'. Batista is boring, Orton doesn't seem to have a direction, Bryan is doing the same thing he's been doing for months. At least Mr. H's makes the title picture a little more exciting.

He's a much better wrestler for his time off. Better pacing, better selling, better execution.

Regardless, he's back in wrestling now and his time off has only hurt his potential - not because he's worse or anything, far from it. I'd definitely agree that he's a step above the guy who left New Japan in 2005. However, Jado & Gedo didn't even want Laughter7 in New Japan - it was forced upon them by then-chairman Kidani, who has since been replaced by the former president, Sugibayashi. Obviously Jado & Gedo do see the merit of having a guy like Shibata on the roster and he's certainly one of the more popular guys at present, but until he's contracted to New Japan and until guys with pull like Tanahashi (who flat out resents the fact that Shibata left him to carry the company) and Nakamura (who has criticised Shibata's commitment and love for wrestling) change their opinion of him, I don't foresee him winning any major singles titles. I'd love to be wrong, though - Shibata getting a run with the main belt would be awesome.

DARN YOU BOOTS
We have heat now

Excellent. Be warned, I fight like my spiritual mentor; John Zandig;

Zandig.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's like Brock. Don't be a mark, Tanahashi. If he draws, if he's putting butts in seats, if he's putting out 5 star matches, it's good for everyone.

I bet you Ishii vs Shibata drew more internationl fans to NJPW than anything Tanahashi's ever done

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Has there ever been a fed that uses wires/cords to make there be amazing spots, like a 100 foot tall powerbomb or spinning piledriver? I figure someone would have done this by now.

New page:
F7bVKxM.png

Kaladin

Vince McMahon is hereby banned from making posts that fall on the first post of a new page for users who would be on 50 posts per page (posts ending in 51) or 100 posts per page (posts ending in 01).

I kid, don't fire me.

Sblargh

Banned
I would like two excellent matches where Bryan wins marking the beginning of a reign with well written feuds starring someone who we know that can wrestle and has never been in this position before and good workers who deliver good in- ring action.

Or we could stay with a non - title reign, a Daniel Bryan still doing the underdog thing, which will die with a whimper in two months while being shoved down our throats because gotta sell those t-shirts. But hey, at least we'll get to have fun with frustrated people on the Internet because that's always better than the genre we love actually living up to its potential.

Rant is due to it being lazy trolling at this point.

"wouldn't it be fun if the anticlimactic result would frustrate people so we could see they venting on the internet?"

No, it wouldn't. I mean, he might lose, something good might come out of an angle where he loses, but this thing of wishing the actual wworst ending that will just make people regret the money spent on this business is some 4chan level of lazy trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom