• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
We got Lesnar beating the shit out of Big Show and beating him with a chair for like 10 minutes, money well spent in my book

It was such a waste though. It didn't do anything for either guy and was just a big waste of time on PPV. You don't need to have Bork beat up the biggest guys to get him over as a threat to Taker. He's Brock Lesnar. He just needs to show up. Big Show took two weeks off and nothing came from it. It was just a waste of time all around. Beating up Mark Henry is a waste too because again, he's Brock Lesnar. You don't have to build him up as a threat. You do that stuff with a new guy. Like the Wyatts fucking up Show and Henry would make a lot more sense to me than doing it with Brock.

Anth0ny

Are you ready for gifs? Because I have gifs, mother fuckers.

Welcome to my first review. Welcome to WRESTLEMANIA 2000!

Let’s begin with a little bit of background/history on this PPV. My cousin ordered Wrestlemania All Day Long. I was 15 at the time. We watched 12 hours straight of WWE.

Oh god that's right. The origins of the Network.

Speaking of the Network, they should throw all of that footage on the Network. Just for shits and giggles. I also expect 12 hours of live content on the Network for Wrestlemania Sunday.

It's kinda amazing how shitty all of the Attitude Era Manias were. The exception of course being the GOAT, 17, which also put an end to the Attitude Era.

Thank god for Backlash. It's like they knew they fucked up last month, because Backlash 1999 and 2000 were great.

G-Fex

VxCygQ3.jpg

Taker is hilarious

G-Fex

Taker should go back to his biker thing because now he really does look like an old burnt out bike gang member

senior citizen that hangs out at Hot Topic to me.

I wish they'd let him go back to biker taker.

Like Cena would say: Stop acting like a zombie man, you just getting old brah

G-Fex

I already know how Boot's review is going to go.

He's going to stop after the first match and just go post new japan stuff.

Which I wouldn't blame him if he did cause that WM sucked and I'm sure the WM after sucked too just like this WM will suck.

Everything sucks

Vylash

I already know how Boot's review is going to go.

He's going to stop after the first match and just go post new japan stuff.

Which I wouldn't blame him if he did cause that WM sucked and I'm sure the WM after sucked too just like this WM will suck.

Everything sucks

white-dance-smallerwcu49.gif

The lack of a loop in that gif is annoying;

iTB4F81Rs3Jky.gif

I remember this Kane/Orton match being pretty ok, it's all the meaningless shit and the Taker/H's snoozefest I'm worried about getting through.

I love that Naomi is only wearing the eyepatch because it is a storyline in Total Divas.

She hasn't been wearing one for a few weeks while working at the performance center.

Dat Kayfabe

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Hey wrastlegaf!

I was over at one of my local Half-Price Books store when I found these two gems!

EDIT: I'm kinda bummed though, the original owner of these wrote his name in sharpie on the discs. Some mark named Roland Rodriguez.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Samoa Joe attacked Scott Steiner with a machete. Their match went to a no-contest when Joe dragged Steiner out of the building. Minutes later, Joe reappeared in the parking lot with a bloody knife and Steiner is nowhere to be seen. When questioned Joe says "this is the start of his Nation of Violence and that he's going to kill the rest of the Mafia too". Fans almost immediately updated Steiner's Wikipedia page to say that Steiner was killed by Samoa Joe. Immediately following this heel commentator Don West says "Joe has gone too far", Tenay justified Joe's attack by saying it was Steiner's fault.

Damn, I wish the wrasslin games looked like some of the screens that just dropped for MLB... but then I come to the cruel realization that Yuke's is still the developer.

Soup Bar

Has there been anything on 2k15? Holy shit maybe they'll take a year off like they did for UFC 3, which turned out to be pretty good.

Network thread got put in community.

Has there been anything on 2k15? Holy shit maybe they'll take a year off like they did for UFC 3, which turned out to be pretty good.

Do you mean 2k15 by 2k games? There isn't going to be one, they dropped the MLB license I believe or at least shelved it for this season. Only baseball game on non Sony platforms is the horrific looking RBI baseball game.

somedevil

Smackdown Spoilers:

(3) Match Thrown out at 10:50. Shield now has a stereo suicide dive babyface move. This brought all of the heels over to confront Shield, setting up a Reigns-Cesaro confrontation to save for another day. Ambrose was then isolated by the heel teams, which was an odd sight. Included was the return of "Goldberg" chants aimed at Ryback. Ambrose crawling across the ring for a hot tag was also very strange. Rollins showed off some crowd-pleasing moves, then the crowd popped for Reigns delivering a spear on the outside. Suddenly, Kane ran down and attacked Reigns. Chaos then broke out in the ring, so ref Charles Robinson threw out the #1 contender match to the Tag Titles.

Post-match, the brawl continued. Reigns and Kane moved to the stage, where the New Age Outlaws emerged and helped Kane take down Reigns. Meanwhile, the heel teams in the tag match beat down Rollins and Ambrose. Kane and the Outlaws then beat down the entire group and stood tall over The Shield in the ring. Big boos for this. Good heat. Shield as faces is still weird, but Kane and the Outlaws played their part well. Kane vs. Reigns at WM? Will Shield help Bryan win at WM? Interesting questions coming out of this. Shield eventually recovered and got strong crowd cheers as they regrouped and vowed to fight back.

Ambrose being a babyface in peril is interesting. Also, this sets up a 3 way match or they can split it up into two matches.

Soup Bar

Network thread got put in community.

Do you mean 2k15 by 2k games? There isn't going to be one, they dropped the MLB license I believe or at least shelved it for this season. Only baseball game on non Sony platforms is the horrific looking RBI baseball game.

2k publishes the WWE games now.

Currently watching WM Rewind from tonight, two observations:

1. Big Show is in significantly better shape now than he was 10 years ago.

2. They censored commentary calling the FU. What the hell? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom