• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

jred2k

whoa, who dat?

Here's a little reminder that time sucks:

Julie_Newmar.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Source: PWInsider Elite

As noted yesterday here on the site. Rey Mysterio was asked in a recent interview if he was sticking around with WWE for the next year or so. If not would he be heading to Mexico to wrestling AAA. Here are some highlights from the interview:

When do you plan to retire, and would you like to enter the Hall Of Fame?
“At the moment I have no plans to retire, I want to keep fighting so my withdrawal will be in the distant future. And once I retire I would love to be inducted into the Hall Of Fame ”

Which Superstars are the future of the WWE?
“The future is Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and Tyson Kidd, the latter deserves more opportunities on television, is very talented and Seth Rollins has a similar style to that of CM Punk ”

Will you be at Wrestlemania 30?
“At the moment whether or not I will not, but I think I will have a place in the real battle in honor of Andre The Giant ”

In an update, sources say that in WWE they believe Rey will be sticking around for at least another year because of the addition to the Flinstones movie.

As of last month it was said that WWE was planning on downplaying Rey on TV until he re-signed or informed them that he was leaving. A new deal is expected to be signed soon and Rey will be staying with WWE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Flair is so goddamned old his pics are Civil War photos

DMczaf

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...hart-on-who-should-end-the-undertaker-streak/

WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart took part in a Facebook Q&A today. Here are some highlights of what he wrote [sic]:
Who should end The Undertaker's streak: "Joe Henning (Michael McGillicutty)"

Fitting match for the Undertaker to go out on: "Lets just say at WM 50 (I'm sure he meant 30) – Undertaker loses streak to Joe Henning … and he is pinned with the PerfectPlex at the 59 minute mark."

jmdajr

Random bit.

Steph slapped her mother a lot harder than she slapped D.Bry. At least I feel like she did.

Which makes me wonder. What is the best slap of all time.?

DMczaf

I just don't get the love former wrestlers have for Curtis Axel. Is it just because they loved Curt Henning so much that they feel it's their duty to make sure his son gets over once in his life?

Sephzilla

I just don't get the love former wrestlers have for Curtis Axel. Is it just because they loved Curt Henning so much that they feel it's their duty to make sure his son gets over once in his life?

I imagine it has to be one of those things where backstage he's a great guy and everyone wants him to succeed, or something.

Alucard

Banned
I imagine it has to be one of those things where backstage he's a great guy and everyone wants him to succeed, or something.

You're probably right, and that makes sense. Any job where you're working with the public or an audience is more than just what you do in front of that audience. As fans, we only see one half of what these guys do and base our whole opinions of them based on that half we see.

DMczaf

I remember when he was training Rock to return to the ring, everyone was saying he was a great worker and he needs to get his shot on TV.

Then I saw him work on TV, he was just average. Not bad, but not great. If it was Attitude Era, he would be working random Hardcore title matches in the back.

Alucard

Banned
Kushida confirmed for the ROH/NJPW show in Toronto. I hope they announce Liger soon. The friend I'm going with wants to see him more than anyone.

Selkies!

Kushida confirmed for the ROH/NJPW show in Toronto. I hope they announce Liger soon. The friend I'm going with wants to see him more than anyone.

He's in luck.

BjGg9bXIEAA8zU2.jpg

I almost hope they don't announce any matches going into the NYC show since it sold out. Respect Is Earned was a lot of fun live because they announced nothing going in. They don't do ippvs anymore right?

On the same note, have any of the mania weekend indy shows announced like... anything? I see Jay/Adam Cole and a few matches for that WrestleCon show and I think that's it? DGUSA hasn't even announced any Japanese wrestlers yet. This might be the first year in a while where I just skip all of that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom