• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

20140317_AndreCup_Match_LIGHT_642x544.jpg

So many jobbers...that shit is pre-show alright.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This Rico & Haas vs Dudleyz match is pretty good

Woah, Curtis 'the future of the business', '5 star', 'legend killer' Axel is gonna be in the rumble? Shit, why is anyone else even trying.

Can someone direct me to the post # marking the beginning of the discussion on whether Daniel Bryan's "You hit like a girl" comments were sexist or not?

I'm in the mood for a good laugh.

Aiii

So not worth it
Two hour pre show is fine by me, since I will be waiting for the show and chatting with you guys anyways! Why not just have it on as background noise.

Sephzilla

So according to Joey Styles' twitter, the Wrestlemania pre-show is TWO HOURS.

I just don't know about this.....you think it's for stability purposes?

There's no way in hell that the Network doesn't go down in flames at some point during Mania. Couldn't handle NXT Arrival, hell I even had hiccups on Main Event.

DMczaf

How in the fuck will they fill 4 hours then?

MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID

KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy
Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy

How in the fuck will they fill 4 hours then? 2 hours of Preshow sounds insane, what's there to talk about for so long :lol

20-minute show opening HHH & Stephanie promo.
A couple minutes for each guy in the battle royal (believe me, with the people they have in it, there are zero questions it's going to be on the main show + Meltzer confirmed it)
10 minute video packages for each match.
10-minute Undertaker entrance
10-minute Cena entrance

So on and so forth.

How in the fuck will they fill 4 hours then? 2 hours of Preshow sounds insane, what's there to talk about for so long :lol

Interviewing fans in line to the arena
Recap of Hall of Fame
Video package of WWE AXXESS
Extended feud video packages (which will also be on the main show)
Uh... Jobber royale pre-match interviews...
Something

EDIT: Hopefully at least an hour of this:
MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID

KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

somedevil

Here is quarter breakdowns for Monday's Raw with the 18-49 male demographic and basically Daniel Bryan is the top act on the show right now:

Top rated Segment:

Q6: Raw hit a show-high 2.18 rating for Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan in a No DQ match, plus one commercial. The peak of the entire show was from 9:23 to 9:30 p.m. EST for the second-half of the match. Included was show-high peak viewership of 1.523 million viewers at 9:25 p.m.

Other high point:

Over-Run: The over-run increased to a 2.12 rating for Triple H's long segment with Daniel Bryan

Everything else was flat of 1.80-2.01 rating. Only these two went above 2.01.

DMczaf

Here is quarter breakdowns for Monday's Raw with the 18-49 male demographic and basically Daniel Bryan is the top act on the show right now:

Top rated Segment:

Other high point:

What about Batista's numbers? He's as big as The Rock! He's getting paid like The Rock, so he's bringing in Rock ratings, right?!

Where is the "my fuckin money..." Vince gif?

Also really liked the violent ending to the show and Bryan saying Steph hits like a girl. Shocked at the chair shot being allowed, or did he mostly hit the ring post? looked really ood either way.

I wonder if his hipster gimmick will get hurt, seeing him say something so misogynistic like that.

I think you're the one being misogynistic, Sunny. Are you saying hitting like a girl is somehow inferior to how a man hits? Daniel Bryan was just telling her... hey, you hit like a girl, man... and that's cool

Vinny Mac just lit the Stroud Signal.

I see what you're saying, but he said it in a (trigger warning for patriarchy sensitive) demeaning way. Much like how a week or two ago he suggested Triple H wear a skirt (oh what a burn, gee) since he's an (inferred) BITCH.

Shame on him. Triple H is the more progressive of this feud and is doing the right things. A far cry from his Booker T feud, but people can learn and change.

Yeah, a bit disappointed in my boy D-Bry for the misogynistic comment, but you know, in the heat of the situation, sometimes you say stuff you don't really believe in. I bet we will see him feeling about it on Total Divas season 3.

I think I'm beginning to understand what gimmick posting is all about.

If you're going to be disappointed in anything, be disappointed in Daniel Bryan's piss poor improvisational skills and mic work.

This is some of the creepiest wrestling shit I've ever read... and you wouldn't believe how much hardcore Shield fanfiction I've read.

Also - Paige in this for those of you who I know will buy it

1833-2t.jpg
god damn has every single woman indie wrestler done this kind of thing

i didn't look or anything
This Rico & Haas vs Dudleyz match is pretty good

Woah, Curtis 'the future of the business', '5 star', 'legend killer' Axel is gonna be in the rumble? Shit, why is anyone else even trying.
this is gonna be the beginning of his singles push i think. Ryback has held him back for too long
I just realized this might be the best WrestleMania in at least a decade, that's a weird feeling.
y

Alucard

Banned

Top rated Segment:

Other high point:

Aren't these low numbers for Raw overall? Isn't it near the 3.0 range usually? What else was on TV Monday?...is it March Madness yet or something?

somedevil

Aren't these low numbers for Raw overall? Isn't it near the 3.0 range usually? What else was on TV Monday?...is it March Madness yet or something?

Its just the ratings for the 18-49 males. It doesn't include women or men under 18 and over 49 years.

The rating was weak compared to last week probably because of St. Patricks day.

Because it's the first time in ages there will actually be a interesting main event.

And a genuine WrestleMania moment. Like an actual, everyone agrees this is awesome, WM moment.

And the last one is tainted...
chris-benoit-eddie-guerrero.jpg

I still have no idea who the guy on the left is. Is he Mr. America's alter-ego?

Stephanie McMahon isn't a girl. She's a hardworking mother of three young daughters as well as an executive in a multi-national billion dollar company. Though she was born with more opportunities then most young people she has worked hard to earn her place at the table in what is traditional a men's industry.

Saying she hits like a girl is demeaning. Because we all know she hits like a woman.

jred2k

Stephanie McMahon isn't a girl. She's a hardworking mother of three young daughters as well as an executive in a multi-national billion dollar company. Though she was born with more opportunities then most young people she has worked hard to earn her place at the table in what is traditional a men's industry.

Saying she hits like a girl is demeaning. Because we all know she hits like a woman.

Welcome to the Queendom.

mrboo001

Banned
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/30/wrestlemania-30-pre-show-26198591

A two hour pre-show. Who the hell is going to watch a two hour pre-show? Oh who am I kidding all of WrassleGAF will.

Two hours? What the hell are they going to do for two hours? Jobber Rumble sure but what else? I'm not going to watch it, that's for sure!

I'll be playing XCOM or grinding in Persona 4 with the pre-show in the background.

I just realized that we may get
Shield vs. Kane/NAO
at WM.

Oh God, no.

Probably would be Vince's/HHH's idea of putting over the Shield even more, and considering how much casual viewers (who probably still think
Kane and/or NAO
are cool) watch WM it is not the worst thing.... I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom