• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only because he's so hideous

Erick-Rowan.jpg

He's a decent looking guy...

Ok, maybe he should wear that mask more often all the time.

strobogo

Banned
I think WM 18 is as good or maybe even better than WM17 in over all quality, but there isn't anything on 18 that touches Rock/Austin.

Anth0ny

I think WM 18 is as good or maybe even better than WM17 in over all quality, but there isn't anything on 18 that touches Rock/Austin.

I was at 18 and had a great time... but no. It doesn't even come close to 17.

The only shit that was very memorable from 18 was Rock/Hogan and the GOAT stunner:

5OpEc7K.gif

Last time I watched 18 was the lead up to Mania 28... might have to give it another watch this year.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fun fact: Austin was originally supposed to lose, and they changed it last minute. This is what started Hall's drinking problems again. He was staying sober when WWE resigned him and Nash.

Rapstah

Fun fact: Austin was originally supposed to lose, and they changed it last minute. This is what started Hall's drinking problems again. He was staying sober when WWE resigned him and Nash.

The way Nash tells that it just sounds like they never really had it planned for Hall to win in the first place and told Hall and Nash that beforehand to get them to work way more dates than they had agreed on. Nash totally still believes they changed it the day of the event though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The way Nash tells that it just sounds like they never really had it planned for Hall to win in the first place and told Hall and Nash that beforehand to get them to work way more dates than they had agreed on. Nash totally still believes they changed it the day of the event though.

I mean, why else would you bring someone in just to lose their first major match though. That seems like a knucklehead last minute decision to me.

strobogo

Banned
I mean, why else would you bring someone in just to lose their first major match though. That seems like a knucklehead last minute decision to me.

raw_wwe.jpg

Guys who main evented Survivor Series instead of Daniel Bryan: Big Show, Red Rooster, Power and Glory, Rick Martel, Haku, Bobby Heenan, Earthquake, Shockmaster, IRS, Ludvig Borga, The Mountie, Crush.

Rapstah

I'm not saying I think they brought him in knowing he was going to lose that match, I think they didn't have a plan until pretty late and when they had a plan, it was Austin winning. Probably because of the drug and alcohol issues Nash says was because of the extra dates they were working.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
raw_wwe.jpg

Guys who main evented Survivor Series instead of Daniel Bryan: Big Show, Red Rooster, Power and Glory, Rick Martel, Haku, Bobby Heenan, Earthquake, Shockmaster, IRS, Ludvig Borga, The Mountie, Crush.
Outside of Cena beign Cena at the end, Brock still looked like an unstoppable monster throughout that whole match.

Hall looked like a bitch in his match with Austin.

Also, I hope you aren't implying Daniel Bryan is better than Haku or Rick Martel or Earthquake or Heenan.

strobogo

Banned
Outside of Cena beign Cena at the end, Brock still looked like an unstoppable monster throughout that whole match.

Hall looked like a bitch in his match with Austin.

Also, I hope you aren't implying Daniel Bryan is better than Haku or Rick Martel or Earthquake or Heenan.

Hall didn't look like a bitch at all actually. He knocked the shit out of Austin for most of the match and took I think 4 Stunners before he lost. Real talk: Haku/Meng was never good and was only fun to see him stiff people once in a while.

This is some of the creepiest wrestling shit I've ever read... and you wouldn't believe how much hardcore Shield fanfiction I've read.

Also - Paige in this for those of you who I know will buy it

1833-2t.jpg
The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful
Stop me and steal my breath
And emeralds from mountains thrust towards the sky
Never revealing their depth
Tell me that we belong together
Dress it up with the trappings of love
I'll be captivated
I'll hang from your lips
Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above

Ill bee your crying shoulder
I'll be love's suicide
I'll be better when i'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life

And rain falls angry on the tin roof
As we lie awake on my bed
You're my survival, you're my living proof
My love is alive and not dead
Tell me that we belong together
Dress it up with trappingsof love
I'll be captivated
I'll hang from your lips
Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above

Ill bee your crying shoulder
I'll be love's suicide
I'll be better when i'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life

If D-Bry wins at WM after his solo celebration crazy crowd cheers absorption and confetti moment, all the good guys need to rush the ring and celebrate too WCW style.

Woah, holy shit, THIS MATCH;

Tiger Mask (c) vs Kuniaki Kobayashi - WWF Jr. Heavyweight Title - (NJPW 01/06/1983)

Kobayashi was always a capable mid-carder, but was kinda all over the place for much of his career when it came to match quality. This one isn't five stars or anything, but goddamn is it a TON of fun. Kobayashi's only a few months back from a learning excursion in the US at this point and this is his first big title shot, whereas Tiger Mask is already a bona fide star and in the midst of his second run with the WWF Jr. title. There's a ton of tension right from the start, but they let it simmer for a while with some excellent mat wrestling. Sayama shows off his attention to detail right from the very first exchange, taking Kobayashi over with a fireman's carry armbar and then using his head to fend away the leglock attempt from his opponent. Proper blink or you'll miss it stuff. Kobayashi gains the upper hand with some awesome counter work, which gives Sayama the opportunity to use some of the hold for hold wrestling he picked up in the UK. Inevitably, Tiger gets his hope spots and makes the big comeback, but Kobayashi proves to be more resilient than expected and the match breaks down into a crazy finishing stretch, both guys throwing bombs right up to the end. AWESOME MATCH.

Awesome counter from Kobayashi;

Kobayashi.gif

TIGER FLIP!

Tiger_Mask.gif

They decided to do a test of strength, but with their legs...this this happened;

Tiger.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom