• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soup Bar

So if you're driving down the 405 in LA, and you see some dude pouring piss out the window, it's probably Stone Cold. It's not Brock. He saves his.

strobogo

Banned
Because wrestling bears is part of tradition, from Zangief to Tracy Smothers: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=25BIVy7g0X8

He wasn't wrestling the bears. He was walking them. And he was a lumberjack. To my knowledge, there is no connection between lumberjacks and bears. WCW was at its worst when it was trying to be WWF, be it in the early 90s/Hogan era with terrible cartoon gimmicks or in 1999/2000 when it tried to be the Attitude Era. TNA has had the same issues. The more it tries to be like WWE, the worse it is. The more it tries to be a traditional wrestling company, the better it is. WCW was always at its best when it was focused on the wrestling.

Drive me bonkers that so many people involved in TNA were involved in WCW and don't realize this. Even worse is when they DO go through periods where they focus on being a traditional wrestling company and do it well, and then go back to copying WWE and do it shitty. How hard is it to realize that no one can do WWE style as well as WWE?

The best period of WCW proper was probably the Bill Watts era when cartoony stuff was kept to a minimum and most of the wrestling was smash mouth, bad ass shit. Or in 1997ish when there weren't many stupid gimmicks left and the cruisers got to do what they do.

Marvel

could never
tumblr_n2oyw2VQwr1r89qoso1_400.gif

I like that.

Alucard

Banned
RING OF HONOR has opened up some extra PREMIUM SEATS for GLOBAL WARS on May 10th in Toronto.

I jumped on and upgraded to THIRD ROW! AW YEAH!

faint-o.gif

Hope they'll be able to refund me the GA tickets I bought a couple of weeks ago.

strobogo

Banned
Dudes, did you know Creed covered I'm Eighteen for The Faculty soundtrack and it is fucking awful? It has that terrible muddy bass sound that was all the rage from 1998-2003ish, super light/timbery drums, and Scott Stapp's voice.

It's so bad and I'm not even that much of an Alice Cooper fan.

strobogo

Banned
Wow, something Creed made is awful? I don't believe you stro

I didn't even know they covered it man. I was looking for Oasis stuff on Spotify hoping to find some solid acoustic versions of songs and found they were on The Faculty soundtrack. And I listened to the song. And seconds in I thought, "Man, this sounds so shitty". The muddy bass/tinny drums combo from the late 90s/early 2000s is so bad. I have no idea why that was the popular production idea for rock bands during that period. Rock songs need strong drums and bass. I kind of grew out of the Foo Fighters, but one thing their albums always have is great sounding drums. Most of the classic rock bands have great sounding drums. GNR (AFD especially even if it is boxy and very 80s and even if Matt Sorum was a better technical drummer on UYI, but Chinese also has some great sounding drums), Zep, Van Halen, The Who, Stones, Floyd, Queen, AC/DC, Aerosmith, KISS, etc, all have great sounding drums.

I think drums are the second most important part of a rock song behind guitar. Guitar, drums, then vocals unless you have a really killer singer. But great guitar and drums can carry a so-so singer. Prime example of that is Van Halen. DLR isn't a good singer at all, but what he sings to is great and perfect for his voice.

How come none of the gifs work on LegitShook.com on my iPhone. :/

No idea. It's a shame because there are some of the better gifs I've taken from shows in a while from that show..

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Those of you buying NJPW merch via tenso.com, what do you think of it?

jmdajr

For those wondering, here is a look at top WWE Executive base salaries:

-CEO and Chairman Vince McMahon - $1,184,500

-Chief Financial Officer and Chief Strategy Officer George Barrios – $700,000

-Executive Producer Kevin Dunn – $700,000

-WWE Studios President Michael Luisi – $600,000

-Executive VP of Talent, Live Events and Creative Paul "Triple H" Levesque – $550,000. It should be noted that Triple H also has a $1,000,000 per year talent contract.

Keep in mind these are simply the base salaries that the execs get for doing their jobs, and this does NOT include stock grants, match payoffs and merchandise agreements (in the case of Triple H).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
kinda want to start a legitshook tumblr with all of these glorious network .gifs and links to the recaps

I say go for it brother. Ain't nothin wrong with that! As long as gifs don't get watermarked or repurposes with Cerny's face I think we're all fans of this ideer.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

-Executive VP of Talent, Live Events and Creative Paul "Triple H" Levesque – $550,000. It should be noted that Triple H also has a $1,000,000 per year talent contract.

Keep in mind these are simply the base salaries that the execs get for doing their jobs, and this does NOT include stock grants, match payoffs and merchandise agreements (in the case of Triple H).

To add to this:

Despite the rumor that AMC Networks was interested in purchasing controlling interest in WWE, investors don't believe that Vince McMahon would be willing to sell controlling interest in his company. However, there is apparently some concern over what would take place if something were to happen to McMahon.

A new report suggests that there is concern about who may take over as WWE's CEO if something were to happen to Vince McMahon. While the common perception is that Stephanie McMahon or Triple H might be the successor, the report says that the "general feeling" in the company is that Stephanie McMahon has taken a step back in the executive aspects while Triple H has great knowledge of the wrestling industry but doesn't have the same expertise in management and other non-wrestling obligations that the CEO would need to know.

That leaves current WWE executives Michelle Wilson and George Barrios as potential frontrunners. Both of them have their own concerns though, as they don't have expertise in the wrestling side of things and Barrios isn't as familiar with the modern media landscape. In the case of Wilson, her knowledge of the wrestling aspect is also a question.

Sephzilla

So it's quite possible that HHH makes more a year than even Vinny Mac?

HHH.gif

Burying dat front office
in cash

To add to this:

Despite the rumor that AMC Networks was interested in purchasing controlling interest in WWE, investors don't believe that Vince McMahon would be willing to sell controlling interest in his company. However, there is apparently some concern over what would take place if something were to happen to McMahon.

A new report suggests that there is concern about who may take over as WWE's CEO if something were to happen to Vince McMahon. While the common perception is that Stephanie McMahon or Triple H might be the successor, the report says that the "general feeling" in the company is that Stephanie McMahon has taken a step back in the executive aspects while Triple H has great knowledge of the wrestling industry but doesn't have the same expertise in management and other non-wrestling obligations that the CEO would need to know.

That leaves current WWE executives Michelle Wilson and George Barrios as potential frontrunners. Both of them have their own concerns though, as they don't have expertise in the wrestling side of things and Barrios isn't as familiar with the modern media landscape. In the case of Wilson, her knowledge of the wrestling aspect is also a question.

BRING BACK SHANE

BRING BACK SHANE

BRING BACK SHANE

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
To add to this:

Time for Shane to make his return!

jmdajr

WWE is putting together at least one, if not two workout videos. This could be combined, but I’m guessing they are separate. One is a men’s workout video with HHH, along with lines of the UFC Fit program put together by Mike Dolce and the Jeff Hardy program put together by TNA that barely caused a peep. The idea is that DDP has been successful with his DDP Yoga, and they are going to do something along those lines along with the regular workout stuff. They’ve also been shooting one for women with Stephanie McMahon.

url

Does Jeff's workout video consist mainly of painting crap then getting mad when someone messes up the painting?

Cause that's pretty good cardio

Rapstah

Jesus, I had never seen the Razor Ramon vs. 1-2-3 Kid re-match at Raw that's on the Network right now, but they do a spot where the Kid goes for a dive from the corner onto Razor Ramon and slips and just smacks his head on the concrete under the ring mats. Looks like something you could die from.

razor-kid-concrete-shy6e2k.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Remember when ESPN on weekdays had a block of exercise vids? I do.

Jesus, I had never seen the Razor Ramon vs. 1-2-3 Kid re-match at Raw that's on the Network right now, but they do a spot where the Kid goes for a dive from the corner onto Razor Ramon and slips and just smacks his head on the concrete under the ring mats. Looks like something you could die from.

Yo, when I saw this match on that Coliseum tape (WWF's Most Unusual Matches), I thought it was supposed to happen that way and that was how the match would end. But alas no.

Also Kid was totally the heel in that, he clearly had a plan to rob Razor of that 10K. WHY YOU GOT A DRIVER WALTMAN

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
All y'all talking shit about TNA need to check yourselves. Impact has been good for the past couple months. TNA is here to stay bb.

Also, I'm fucking tired of snow and brushing my car off. Winter plz

Aiii

So not worth it
Snow? Seriously, there hasn't been any snow over here at all this year. Hell, I think there's not even been more than a couple of days of frost where normally it's freezing below 0 celcius every day for months and we get several weeks of snow.

March has been extremely hot, today it's 21 degrees Celsius (about 70 Fahrenheit).

Best winter ever!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Snow? Seriously, there hasn't been any snow over here at all this year. Hell, I think there's not even been more than a couple of days of frost where normally it's freezing below 0 celcius every day for months and we get several weeks of snow.

March has been extremely hot, today it's 21 degrees Celsius (about 70 Fahrenheit).

Best winter ever!

Its because of your racist politicians. All your fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom