• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my goodness, these Infamous Second Son reviews are giving us a fantastic Wall of Shame in the Review thread by people who care about what other people think of a game, this is gonna be Uncharted 3 all over again
inihbimuOHzR1.gif

Jamie OD

Those of you buying NJPW merch via tenso.com, what do you think of it?

I used it once before and they are not bad. The site acts as the middle man between you and the Japanese online shop you order from. You sign up and they give you an address which you use when purchasing the item. The item gets sent to that address, Tenso determines the P&P costs to your location, you pay it and then they ship the order to you. It did take a while for me to receive my order because it gets posted to Tenso first. I haven't used them since just because there hasn't been anything I couldn't get from Amazon Japan or Rakuten. They both ship overseas without any middle men for anyone curious and work out cheaper that way. But Tenso does send out discount codes for P&P every now and then, usually during holidays. Nothing outstanding but I imagine they're handy enough to save some dollars.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I used it once before and they are not bad. The site acts as the middle man between you and the Japanese online shop you order from. You sign up and they give you an address which you use when purchasing the item. The item gets sent to that address, Tenso determines the P&P costs to your location, you pay it and then they ship the order to you. It did take a while for me to receive my order because it gets posted to Tenso first. I haven't used them since just because there hasn't been anything I couldn't get from Amazon Japan or Rakuten. They both ship overseas without any middle men for anyone curious and work out cheaper that way. But Tenso does send out discount codes for P&P every now and then, usually during holidays. Nothing outstanding but I imagine they're handy enough to save some dollars.

Hmmm, okay. I might use em sometime then. Hmm. Thanks :)

Sokantish

Oh my goodness, these Infamous Second Son reviews are giving us a fantastic Wall of Shame in the Review thread by people who care about what other people think of a game, this is gonna be Uncharted 3 all over again
http://i.minus.com/inihbimuOHzR1.gif[/ig][/QUOTE]

I haven't actually read any of the reviews because I hardly ever look at reviews in the first place... but do people consider it better than the other two? Gameplay and story wise I mean

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't actually read any of the reviews because I hardly ever look at reviews in the first place... but do people consider it better than the other two? Gameplay and story wise I mean

consensus among reviewers is the same ol same ol, just pretty. Personally I was hoping for more of a leap forward, which is why I got bummed out when I saw gameplay footage of it and was like "oh...it's...the same" but a lot of people like the same ol same ol. Infamous 2 was better than 1, but it wasn't a game I was dying to finish. So I never did :p

Recall

There is a lot of knee jerk "best game ever" with Second Son so it might be worth to wait and see, and once the hyperbole drops you might get an honest opinion.

Aiii

So not worth it
There is a lot of knee jerk "best game ever" with Second Son so it might be worth to wait and see, and once the hyperbole drops you might get an honest opinion.

Let me save you some trouble.

It's a 7/10 like every other InFamous game.

Sokantish

consensus among reviewers is the same ol same ol, just pretty. Personally I was hoping for more of a leap forward, which is why I got bummed out when I saw gameplay footage of it and was like "oh...it's...the same" but a lot of people like the same ol same ol. Infamous 2 was better than 1, but it wasn't a game I was dying to finish. So I never did :p

I finished it, mostly because I like open world games and the story seems alright. I'm not really that picky when it comes to video game writing/stories. Infamous 1 just felt like a third person shooter but instead of a gun or grenades you had lightning and lightning grenades

Sephzilla

I enjoyed the first two inFamous games because they were decently put together open world games that were fun to play and didn't get too crazy tedious for me (*cough*GTA*cough*). Plus I'm a super hero mark, so those games appealed to me.

Next gen starts tomorrow folks.

Also, gameplay wise inFamous 2 > inFamous 1. Story wise, it's the opposite.

jmdajr

I remember the first Infamous release as the first open world game I actually liked. It's not perfect mind you but I actually had fun playing it as opposed to GTA. Fun game mechanics and not "oh wow I can go anywhere so it's automatically cool!"

Sokantish

I got mad at infamous 1 when it pretended you had a choice at some point later in the game but no matter what you picked he'd just say something like "HAHA I tricked you it was actually the other one." Stupid game!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I remember the first Infamous game as the first open world game I actually liked. It's not perfect mind you but I actually had fun playing it as opposed to GTA.

Yeah same here. GTA has been garbage for ages now which is why I find the reviews comparing infamous to GTA pretty humorous. Can't wait for this weekend.

The E is going to come crawling back to NBC networks. The AMC idea by Meltzer was preposterous. Smackdown has to be live though and not reworked Raw matches.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I got mad at infamous 1 when it pretended you had a choice at some point later in the game but no matter what you picked he'd just say something like "HAHA I tricked you it was actually the other one." Stupid game!

Every single bit of Infamous and Infamous 2's karma system was fucking stupid and pitiful and the designers should punch themselves for being morons when it comes to that.

SO STUPID.

Sephzilla

Where your girlfriend dies no matter what

I actually really liked that part of the game. It was the typical "super hero has to make tough decision, but somehow overcomes odds and everyone wins" scenario and said fuck you to that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Where your girlfriend dies no matter what

I actually really liked that part of the game. It was the typical "super hero has to make tough decision, but somehow overcomes odds and everyone wins" scenario and said fuck you to that.

I like that too. Fucking with player control is a great thing - also mirrored in un-romanceable NPCs in your party for RPGs for instance - there absolutely SHOULD be some people that will NEVER sleep with you no matter what the fuck you say. I like it when games do that, dorks get seriously butthurt they can't waifu everyone.

Sokantish

It wasn't an everyone wins situation though, it was a choose one and live with your choice, but in the end you weren't even given a choice so there was a lot less impact to me at least. It should have been like the ME 1 choice, that actually effected the rest of the series, not in a big way because they weren't THAT important but still... the choice felt important

Sephzilla

I like that too. Fucking with player control is a great thing - also mirrored in un-romanceable NPCs in your party for RPGs for instance - there absolutely SHOULD be some people that will NEVER sleep with you no matter what the fuck you say. I like it when games do that, dorks get seriously butthurt they can't waifu everyone.

Yep

Plus on top of that, I liked it because even if you made the "good" decision your character still had to live with knowing he let his girl die. If you make the "bad" decision and go try to save the girl and say "FU" to the doctors being held hostage, not only do you still have to live with knowing your girl died but now on top of that you have to live with knowing you were a greedy turd and plus now everyone hates you because of that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It wasn't an everyone wins situation though, it was a choose one and live with your choice, but in the end you weren't even given a choice so there was a lot less impact to me at least. It should have been like the ME 1 choice, that actually effected the rest of the series, not in a big way because they weren't THAT important but still... the choice felt important

god you just want to control everything

life isn't fair sok

Sblargh

Banned
I have a theory about the first Infamous that the choice was there just to make the positive one more meaningful. Like, picking the positive answers is actually the canon, it's how the story is supposed to go, but the choice is there just to make it seem like, you know, you had a choice.

I loved the first Infamous and liked the second well enough, the story was definetly a downgrade, but both are among the most enjoyable open world and superhero games I ever played.

Second Son is one of the very few reasons I feel bad about going all-PC this gen.

Alucard

Banned
All y'all talking shit about TNA need to check yourselves. Impact has been good for the past couple months. TNA is here to stay bb.

Also, I'm fucking tired of snow and brushing my car off. Winter plz

This man speaks the truth. Impact has bee consistently entertaining for a while now and it's never really a chore to get through.

Tonight's show:

-Magnus vs. Samoa Joe for the TNA title
-Wolves vs. Bro Mans vs. Sanada/Tigre Uno

And other backstage promo goodies.

Impact backstage promos are the most interesting in the business.

I agree! As brutal as Angle vs Shane was, I thought it was a good match. That sign not breaking was terrible, and I'm surprised Shane still wanted to go through it.

And after that happened, Angle straight up puts his body under Shane in case it happens again. He's not letting him get hurt again like that. You can see him straight up telling him to forget the bit and go back.

Vylash

All y'all talking shit about TNA need to check yourselves. Impact has been good for the past couple months. TNA is here to stay bb.

Also, I'm fucking tired of snow and brushing my car off. Winter plz

Yeah! They're not bleeding money at all!

Also why the hell is Infamous releasing on a Thursday, I didn't know people outside of Nintendo released on stupid days

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I do quite enjoy Bootaaay working hard to watch a bunch of American indies and TNA.

How do you feel, Boots? Is TNA as painful as people make out? I'm guessing it isn't.

Also, I've been trying to do this (but failing) to keep up with ROH TV - how has it been?

NEW PAGE:
ZT8RSFP.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright guys, we really need puro fans here to rally around this. Yottsume (a really nice dude, he even offered to buy BronsonLee's Dontaku tickets and meet him to give them to him for no added charge, super nice guy who LOVES puro) would like to subtitle Toru Yano's "Toru Together 2" DVD for no charge. The only cost is getting the DVD and him shipping it, so that makes it out to $65, which IS steep for a DVD. It's over 3 hours long and well, just watch the trailer. It sold me on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nBSOYmYZvQ

It can't happen unless he hits the goal, because then it's worth doing - and I really hope he hits the goal, because I contributed!

$65 is steep but this DVD would be delightful, and considering how few people have contributed (but almost enough!) you won't be finding this showing up on youtube or dailymotion.

So...can you guys help? Not trying to find the people who aren't into puro, if it's not your thing that's cool, but this is a great video for weeaboos and more.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ytr-vtr-toru-together-2-translation-project

Kaladin

Since Lockdown two weeks ago, Dixie Carter has not been seen in the offices of TNA in Nashville; with most communication with the TNA President being done via email and phone. This morning in a memo, written by Dixie’s assistant, staff was informed of a sensitive talent meeting taking place in the office with Dixie this afternoon. Dixie’s assistant requested that staff work from the TV Production offices from 12pm to 3pm to allow privacy for the meeting.

ImpactWrestling.com has not been able to confirm on who this talent is or the subject of the meeting. We will have more details as this story develops throughout the day.

Shoot or angle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom