• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
The "TNA is bleeding money" talk largely comes from hearsay more than anything. The stuff about having to pay the arenas is sad, but I doubt anyone here actually knows how much money TNA has, spends, and makes overall.

TNA is necessary to provide an alternative. As fans, we should want as many companies as possible to be successful so that wrestlers will have more places to work and make money, and to help add diversity to the entertainment.

Alucard

Banned
Also, TNA isn't all bad. It has the same ups and downs, pluses and minuses, as other companies do. They do make some dumb booking decisions here and there, but they also have a lot of good stuff on their TV program.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
AIW fans, you get BUFF BAGWELL!

vOKeERG.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Marvel Marvel movies are good enough, Sony/Fox Marvel movies are turds.

Avengers was a pile of shit. A steaming pile of shit. Hot garbage. Sony/Fox Marvel movies suck too.

Best Marvel movie was Punisher War Zone.

Aiii

So not worth it
The "TNA is bleeding money" talk largely comes from hearsay more than anything. The stuff about having to pay the arenas is sad, but I doubt anyone here actually knows how much money TNA has, spends, and makes overall.

TNA is necessary to provide an alternative. As fans, we should want as many companies as possible to be successful so that wrestlers will have more places to work and make money, and to help add diversity to the entertainment.

TNA has let go everyone that cost even the slightest amount of money recently. It's hardly hearsay and a matter of fact that TNA ran smack out of money. It's also no secret TNA has been drawing fuck all, not even managing to sell out a gym is not a money making business for a company that has a national TV deal that consistently draws over a million viewers.

It's pretty obvious that TNA gets next to no spending cash from the Carter family anymore, don't really need access to the books for that.

But that's not why they'll die, they'll die the second Spike pulls the plug, simple as that.

jmdajr

Not true. Some of the X-men/Spiderman movies were more than solid.

No doubt the care factor has gone down. I don't know what is it about FOX but they simply don't respect their franchises. Aliens, Die Hard, Predator, etc etc etc have all been poorly treated, It's fucking sad.

Vylash

I don't know how people still care about superhero things since everything gets retconned and rebooted every 5 minutes and the comics never end

jmdajr

TNA has let go everyone that cost even the slightest amount of money recently. It's hardly hearsay and a matter of fact that TNA ran smack out of money. It's also no secret TNA has been drawing fuck all, not even managing to sell out a gym is not a money making business for a company that has a national TV deal that consistently draws over a million viewers.

It's pretty obvious that TNA gets next to no spending cash from the Carter family anymore, don't really need access to the books for that.

But that's not why they'll die, they'll die the second Spike pulls the plug, simple as that.

How many people can they pay once they fire Christy Hemme?

Sephzilla

What part do you have an issue with? Avengers is unwatchable garbage. War Zone understood the Punisher character perfectly.

Wat_StoneColdSteveAustin.jpg

Avengers is a simple fun superhero movie. Aka, that thing super hero movies forgot to be after Chris Nolan came in with his overwritten Batman movies.

War Zone isn't even the best Punisher movie.

Alucard

Banned
I don't know how people still care about superhero things since everything gets retconned and rebooted every 5 minutes and the comics never end

Pretty much. They're space and time fillers and not much else. The very definition of a distraction and time-wasting popcorn entertainment a lot of the time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Avengers is a simple fun superhero movie. Aka, that thing super hero movies forgot to be after Chris Nolan came in with his overwritten Batman movies.

War Zone isn't even the best Punisher movie.

Well I counted out the GOAT Lundgren movie because it was so long ago.

Avengers is complete trash. Stupid story. Stupid writing. Stupid subject matter. Stupid everything. Fuck the Avengers, fuck Batman movies (besides '66) and fuck the Avengers again.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Superhero movies are just shitty versions of old 80s cornball fests because people are too cool for school for an 80s style action movie

I like when people try to talk up War Zone like it's great movie. They post that on gif, and I ask them anything else memorable about the movie, and they never seem to have an answer.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Superhero movies are just shitty versions of old 80s cornball fests because people are too cool for school for an 80s style action movie

I like when people try to talk up War Zone like it's great movie. They post that on gif, and I ask them anything else memorable about the movie, and they never seem to have an answer.

It's like "What if a bunch of beta dorks made a movie like Rambo but with stuff that WE care about?"

Thank god Expendables 3 is coming. Expendables 1 Director's Cut was top tier.

War Zone understood the Frank Castle character. The director busted her ASS reading the comics and talking to fans, and it showed. We got a legit Punisher movie that wasn't some "made for a broader scope of theatergoers" bullshit like that travesty with Thomas Jane. I like Thomas Jane, but that movie was bunk.

We got goddamn JIGSAW. We got the ultimate Punisher villain (till Daken came along, fuck that guy but his series was really good) and the best Frank Castle since Lundgren.

Sephzilla

Expendables would have been better had it actually been a 1980s Action Hero Justice League.

Arnold is a Terminator. Bruce Willis is McClane. Stallone spontaneously switches between Rambo and Rocky. Jet Li is Jet Li. Jason Statham is The Transporter.

Well I counted out the GOAT Lundgren movie because it was so long ago.

Avengers is complete trash. Stupid story. Stupid writing. Stupid subject matter. Stupid everything. Fuck the Avengers, fuck Batman movies (besides '66) and fuck the Avengers again.

Thomas Jane Punisher is the only Punisher that matters.

Kevin Nash's best one on one match came from a movie, not a wrestling ring.

jmdajr

Somehow I found this TNA salary thingy from 2006. Can't vouche for accuracy.

TNA:

Abyss-$350,000
AJ Styles-$350,000
Alex Shelley-$150,000
Andrew Thomas-$75,000
Angelina Love-$60,000
Awesome Kong-$100,000
BG James-$250,000
Black Reign-$200,000
Booker T-$450,000
Brother Devon-$300,000
Brother Ray-$300,000
Chris Sabin-$150,000
Christian Cage-$450,000
Christy Hemme-$75,000
Consequences(Austin Creed)-$75,000
Curry Man(Christopher Daniels)-$300,000
David Penzer-$75,000
Don West-$150,000
Earl Hebner-$150,000
Eric Young-$200,000
Frank Trigg-$200,000
Gail Kim-$100,000
Hector Guerrero-$100,000
Hernandez-$200,000
Homicide-$200,000
Jacqueline-$75,000
James Storm-$200,000
Jay Lethal-$150,000
Jeff Jarrett-$750,000(vice-president of TNA)
Jeremy Borash-$200,000
Jim Cornette-$250,000
Jimmy Rave-$75,000
Johnny Devine-$100,000
Kaz-$200,000
Karen angle-$100,000
Kevin Nash-$450,000
Kip James-$250,000
Kurt Angle-$650,000
Lance Hoyt-$150,000
Matt Morgan-$200,000
Mike Tenay-$200,000
ODB-$75,000
Petey Williams-$150,000
Raisha Saeed-$50,000
Rhaka Khan-$50,000
Rhino-$350,000
Robert Roode-$250,000
Roxxi Laveaux-$60,000
Rudy Charles-$100,000
Salinas-$50,000
Samoa Joe-$350,000
Scott Steiner-$350,000
Shark Boy-$100,000
Sharmell-$75,000
So Cal Val-$60,000
Sonjay Dutt-$100,000
Sting-$500,000 (Has to make 12 Impact,8 PPV and 8 House show appearances)
Tomko-$300,000
Traci Brooks-$100,000
Velvet Sky-$50,000
Willie Urbina-$75,000TNA:

Shit I can't believe how much some of these got paid.

Avengers was a pile of shit. A steaming pile of shit. Hot garbage. Sony/Fox Marvel movies suck too.

Best Marvel movie was Punisher War Zone.
You're not gonna get an argument out of me with the Avengers, I just thought it was merely okay. I liked it even less than Thor 1, lol (haven't seen the sequel yet).
Not true. Some of the X-men/Spiderman movies were more than solid.

No doubt the care factor has gone down. I don't know what is it about FOX but they simply don't respect their franchises. Aliens, Die Hard, Predator, etc etc etc have all been poorly treated, It's fucking sad.
I liked the Raimi Spidermans but I was never a huge fan of the X-mens. I wish those movies were a little balls out with the effects like the Avengers, love Hugh Jackman though. Both Fantastic 4 movies were pretty cruddy. Ghost Rider was what you would expect from a live action Ghost Rider movie. Damn, there's been a crapton of Marvel movies in the last 15 years.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's like "What if a bunch of beta dorks made a movie like Rambo but with stuff that WE care about?"

Thank god Expendables 3 is coming. Expendables 1 Director's Cut was top tier.

I'd rather watch The Last Stand, Bullet To The Head, or even Showdown in Little Tokyo over fucking superhero movies. But I'm somehow told that superhero movies are less stupid than 80s action movies.

Cobra is the corniest corn to ever corn when it comes to action movies, and it's not as corny as a dude in spandex no matter how GRIMDARK you make it.

lots of angry people today, let me come in to calm you all down!

- I have always found Infamous to be subpar. The game just feels boring and repetitive.
- Comics are fun in the way wrestling is. Pure entertainment.
- I liked the Avengers. Action!
- I feel like people hate things just to hate ;_;
- BronsonLee is a hobo

I'd rather watch The Last Stand, Bullet To The Head, or even Showdown in Little Tokyo over fucking superhero movies. But I'm somehow told that superhero movies are less stupid than 80s action movies.

Cobra is the corniest corn to ever corn when it comes to action movies, and it's not as corny as a dude in spandex no matter how GRIMDARK you make it.

yooooooooooo! I love Showdown in Little Tokyo! One of my favorite Lundgren movies!

It's probably important to note that Sunflower thinks we're talking about this:

Otherwise he would sound like a fucking idiot.

EDIT: That stupid image doesn't seem to work. It's The British Avengers shit with Uma Thurman and Ralph Fiennes. Sunflower is stupid is what I'm trying to say.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Expendables would have been better had it actually been a 1980s Action Hero Justice League.

Arnold is a Terminator. Bruce Willis is McClane. Stallone spontaneously switches between Rambo and Rocky. Jet Li is Jet Li. Jason Statham is The Transporter.

Thomas Jane Punisher is the only Punisher that matters.

Kevin Nash's best one on one match came from a movie, not a wrestling ring.
I can dig that Expendables story. Toss out that Statham piece of junk though. Statham suuuuuucks.

The Russian fight is the best part of the Punisher Jane Ver.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Cobra is dope as hell. So bad it's perfect. Showdown in Little Tokyo was fantastic too.

jmdajr

My wife accepts superhero movies but not 80s action movies. Reason is pretty simply. Super Hero movies take place in a world where super heroes exist. The 80s movies are supposed to take place in the real world. No powers, just you know... super bad ass dudes.
I mean I guess even back then people were not supposed to take them seriously but it's just one of those things. It's a deal breaker to many.

Or like wrestling. Miz as a champ was a deal breaker for my wife. Her ability to suspend disbelief reached it's apex.

Verendus

Banned
Iron Man. Good. Avengers. Good.

Thor? Crap. Thor 2? Crap. Captain America? Crap. The Incredible Hulk? Crap. Iron Man 2? Crap. Iron Man 3 is okay but it may as well not have anything to do with Iron Man.

X2 and First Class are better than anything from Marvel not named Iron Man or Avengers. And as much I despise the original Spider-Man movies, the first two are still far better than the majority of shit Marvel puts out.

Most of these movies fucking suck. Only on the internet do I see this idea that these movies are somehow so much better than the other dozen just like them. Barring a select few, they're generic action movies that mostly appeal to children and fan boys.

Fuck Marvel.

THIS IS BROTISTA'S TIME!!

Shoot promo over.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Statham is awesome. Transporter 1-3. Crank 1 and 2.

Statham lost all his appeal when Ritchie stopped making good movies :(

My wife accepts superhero movies but not 80s action movies. Reason is pretty simply. Super Hero movies take place in a world where super heroes exist. The 80s movies are supposed to take place in the real world. No powers, just you know... super bad ass dudes.
I mean I guess even back then people were not supposed to take them seriously but it's just one of those things. It's a deal breaker to many.

But badass dudez are so much better than super 'heroes'

I use that term loosely, still upset the Avengers decided to ruin a perfectly happy world because they're shitbags. (not movie-related, a Dr Doom story where Doom had everyone happy and worldwide peace)

Sephzilla

The 1980's (and early 90's) was the golden age of popcorn movies. Really, think about how many now legendary movies came from that era.

Back to the Future
Terminator
Aliens
Predator
Wrath of Khan
RoboCop
Commando
etc, etc

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The 1980's (and early 90's) was the golden age of popcorn movies. Really, think about how many now legendary movies came from that era.

Back to the Future
Terminator
Aliens
Predator
Wrath of Khan
RoboCop
Commando
etc, etc

The best movies are the ones that you can enjoy as kind of corny and, like you said, popcorn movies.

Shit now takes the stupidest subjects and tries to make it serious. Or makes it so OMG WITTY that it makes my eyes roll out of my fucking head.

Sephzilla

The best movies are the ones that you can enjoy as kind of corny and, like you said, popcorn movies.

Shit now takes the stupidest subjects and tries to make it serious. Or makes it so OMG WITTY that it makes my eyes roll out of my fucking head.

It kind of seems like the 80s style movies are making a bit of a comeback (The Raid and Dredd come to mind for me). I'd like to see more of that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Joss Whedon should have his fingers broken and voice box removed so he can't dictate any more dialogue. It's OVER.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
People still mark out for Arnie and Sly 30 years later.

No one will remember who the fuck Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth even are.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
People still mark out for Arnie and Sly 30 years later.

No one will remember who the fuck Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth even are.

Especially when they're off-cycle. They'll be remembered for their temporary bodies. Fortunately that one dude was in Cabin in the Woods. That's worth watchin.

Side note, I never did watch XXX, and I kind of want to because it looks horrendously goodbad. Thoughts?

I must be missing the gene that allows me to enjoy playing Assassin's Creed games and enjoy watching X2. First Class was okay though, I don't know what the hell X3 was trying to accomplish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom