• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
RAW was amazing. The only thing that soured it for me was it had the same ending of every show since Summerslam. The builds for the Shield/Wyatts, Bray/Cena, Cesaro/Swagger, Bryan/HHH, and the fact the NAO are no longer tag champs was all spot on.

McNei1y

HHH is such a troll. I love the fact that he put Bryan in a match against Batista with Orton at ringside. It's like 'Hey, IWC, we know you want a triple threat match with these guys but fuck you!'

DMczaf

4rNxom5.png

Kaladin

WWE basically took the fan revolt and turned it into an angle. They're genius at deflecting stuff like that and making it seem like it's something they thought of.

Want to hijack the show and chant CM Punk all night? We'll let you...hell, we'll even acknowledge it and make it "ok".

Want to chant "YES" all night long the night after Wrestlemania? You might not get Bryan on the main show, but we'll acknowledge you and make it "ok".

Heel

You guys know you can watch Punk every week in the UFC right?

dream, did you see that promo from Wyatt? I was very impressed. He connected on a chilling psychological level. You know, instead of leaning on a thimble-deep chant for fans with the memory span of goldfish.

Anyone have a replay?

gurudyne

More disappointed that we have yet another RAW ending with Bryan laid out than I am with the CM Punk thing. Doesn't paint a good picture of the things to come if they're going to repeat August-October.

rubius01

plus if punk was coming back they sure as shit wouldn't put it on the postgame show. Especially when they are trying to get a network deal.

Disappointment from some of you aside, I bet loads will tune in next week to see if that's the moment he returns.

It's a genius slow burn. Get the crowd excited, shove out rumours via the web/twitter, keep them hooked.

If anything, Punk returning at his hometown is too predictable. Too safe.

It's what they wanted us to think.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
dream, did you see that promo from Wyatt? I was very impressed. He connected on a chilling psychological level. You know, instead of leaning on a thimble-deep chant for fans with the memory span of goldfish.

Anyone have a replay?

I love when MMA-GAF is in this thread. Just that great Armond White-esque quality.

UberTag

The crowd actually just seems to have lost all heat. I think at this point they accepted no Punk.
They accepted no Punk as soon as they bought tickets for tonight's show and chanted his name several hundred times like fools.

I bet Punk was laughing at them from his couch at home - provided that he even bothered tuning in - which he may have as the Blackhawks weren't playing tonight.

And I just cancelled my trial sub. Hell no to fucking paying for any of that shit.
Triple H thinks you'll be back in no time flat. He doubts your willpower because he "owns" you.

Impact and New Japan on Thursday.

Thursday is best day
Well, at least, New Japan has something good to offer.

WWE basically took the fan revolt and turned it into an angle. They're genius at deflecting stuff like that and making it seem like it's something they thought of.

Want to hijack the show and chant CM Punk all night? We'll let you...hell, we'll even acknowledge it and make it "ok".

Want to chant "YES" all night long the night after Wrestlemania? You might not get Bryan on the main show, but we'll acknowledge you and make it "ok".

Exactly. WWE killed it today, completely made fools out of the crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom