• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
A day later, still the best RKO I've ever seen.

VigorousThisGlassfrog.gif

My Raw After Mania hype was more under the impression of WM being mediocre topped off with Roman winning and the crowd rejecting everything about the product like in 2013.

With WM still being mediocre, but with Roman getting his ass beat in kayfabe, the crowd should be pretty satisfied with the way things are going, so it won't be that entertaining.

T.A.L

I don't get why the ic title being a stepping stone is a bad thing. It adds value. Just like the king of the ring getting a title shot at summerslam. Every one would want to get the ic belt. If by defending six times straight you are automatically made a contender once dropping the belt, that adds value to it. The matches would matter , the belt would matter. If Roman won the intercontinental and had a good run, with his same strong booking and then got the title shot I think people would respond better. If you aren't trying to advance, why bother. The intercontinental championship should be a tool used to advance talent.

Anth0ny

My Raw After Mania hype was more under the impression of WM being mediocre topped off with Roman winning and the crowd rejecting everything about the product like in 2013.

With WM still being mediocre, but with Roman getting his ass beat in kayfabe, the crowd should be pretty satisfied with the way things are going, so it won't be that entertaining.

Reigns and Cena will still be shit on by the crowd. That should be entertaining, at least.

Oh great news to come home too, NXT is already going down the shitter, monthly builds don't work, but they can't help themselves with all the praise the past events have been getting.
Reigns and Cena will still be shit on by the crowd. That should be entertaining, at least.
Yes, the crowd rejecting Cena's masturbatory patriotism and Reign's futile attempt to put himself back on the title picture will be great TV.

Toki767

I loved that but the say Rollins jumps is too obvious of a setup for it. Rollins never jumps that high for the Curbstomp.

I mean, I get why he had to but it still took me out of the moment for a little. Still a great spot.
Orton launched him into the air though.

I loved that but the say Rollins jumps is too obvious of a setup for it. Rollins never jumps that high for the Curbstomp.

I mean, I get why he had to but it still took me out of the moment for a little. Still a great spot.
He jumped as high as he needed to for where Orton's head was. Normally the other wrestler is almost prone or on their knees. Made sense to me.

kiguel182

Orton launched him into the air though.

He jumped as high as he needed to for where Orton's head was. Normally the other wrestler is almost prone or on their knees. Made sense to me.

Thing is, normally he jumps and then places his foot on the guy's head. Here he placed is foot first and THEN jumped.

I mean, I get that this had to be different since he had to give Orton enough space to counter but I think it made the spot not look as natural as other RKO counters.

It's just a pet peeve anyway. It's still a great spot.

Rewatching the 4 way tag match

Los Matadors pulled a twin magic after the Big ending +Kofi double team move

Big E and the Matador with the Red sleeve on his left arm (I don't know which one this is) were the legal men at the end of the match.

jred2k

Thing is, normally he jumps and then places his foot on the guy's head. Here he placed is foot first and THEN jumped.

I mean, I get that this had to be different since he had to give Orton enough space to counter but I think it made the spot not look as natural as other RKO counters.

It's just a pet peeve anyway. It's still a great spot.

I think you're picking this out from a looping gif where it is easy to point out things like that. In motion as part of the match it looked great.

kiguel182

Man, I was so nervous when Rollins cashed in the title. It as good as Zigglers. It was really a panic moment. So happy when he pinned Reigns. What a moment. Specially since it seemed Reigns was going to win it after Lesnar started bleeding like hell.

They should totally make Seth run away from Lesnar until they put them in a cage and then Lesnar is just unleashed with nowhere for Seth to go. Their match is going to be glorious.

I think you're picking this out from a looping gif where it is easy to point out things like that. In motion as part of the match it looked great.

I had this feeling when I watched the match. As I said, didn't take me out of my enjoyment but I thought it looked a little "off".

jred2k

Man, I was so nervous when Rollins cashed in the title. It as good as Zigglers. It was really a panic moment. So happy when he pinned Reigns. What a moment. Specially since it seemed Reigns was going to win it after Lesnar started bleeding like hell.

They should totally make Seth run away from Lesnar until they put them in a cage and then Lesnar is just unleashed with nowhere for Seth to go. Their match is going to be glorious.

The best part will be all of the suplexes J&J are about to receive.

I had this feeling when I watched the match. As I said, didn't take me out of my enjoyment but I thought it looked a little "off".

That match was excellent booking. I mean excellent. I thought reigns was going to win after Brock got cut and seemed human.

It straight out of Rocky.

And I love Roman last night. I don't care what anyone says, He is awesome. And that start was as legit as the business can get.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Chamber

love on your sleeve

To be honest, my initial thought when Seth ran out was that he was there to eat the pin from Reigns and keep Lesnar strong.

WM31 was sweet. Really enjoyed it.

Only negative would be the stadium choice. Open stadium with the sun aint for me. Imagine what Sting/Taker/Wyatt entrances could of been like.

kiguel182

To be honest, my initial thought when Seth ran out was that he was there to eat the pin from Reigns and keep Lesnar strong.

Exactly what was in my mind when it was happening. Specially when he just shoved Reigns aside and then when Lesnar picked him up.

Wrestling is really good at involving you like this and it feels great when things come together in a satisfactory way. But it was a great ride.

WM31 was sweet. Really enjoyed it.

Only negative would be the stadium choice. Open stadium with the sun aint for me. Imagine what Sting/Taker/Wyatt entrances could of been like.

I agree. That setup was bad. The sun really ruined a lot of the big fight feel that Mania must have. The lack of big light spectales is just weird.

kiguel182

Also, special mention for how bad the commentary was.

The way they were pushing "Wreslemania moment" was just so lame. Everything was a freaking Wreslemania moment.

Also, the way they reacted to Reigns was so different from the way the crowd did that it created this weird dissonance that made it very weird to listen to them.

Just bad, bad stuff. They really need to either get new commentators or, since that won't happen right now, have Vince away from it. It's just so bad.

Also, special mention for how bad the commentary was.

The way they were pushing "Wreslemania moment" was just so lame. Everything was a freaking Wreslemania moment.

Also, the way they reacted to Reigns was so different from the way the crowd did that it created this weird dissonance that made it very weird to listen to them.

Just bad, bad stuff. They really need to either get new commentators or, since that won't happen right now, have Vince away from it. It's just so bad.

No commentator will be good with Vince screaming at them. Some will be better than others, but none will really be good. And yes, JR is the exception.

Top Bottom