• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Fox318

Zlk4bDb.jpg

I'll never understand what it is with Vince and guys looking like they just took a shower.

Does he think we are supposed to believe that they are all working out backstage when they don't wrestle?

There's a difference from having a scant few shows on rotation and having pretty much everything at your fingertips.

Except the WWE has actual numbers to show that nobody is watching even the Raw or Nitro's they have on call. If the shows that are part of the era that have been deified can't get much use, what's the chance of a random AWA show from 1985 getting any views?

The truth is, the cost it takes to digitize and HD-ize these shows probably doesn't match the benefit. I think we'll eventually get everything up on the Network, but it'll be in dribs and drabs over the next 5 to 10 years, not over the next week.

Because frankly, to the average WWE fan, another Diva Search will draw far more subscribers than the November 19th, 1985 WCCW TV Show, even if I'd prefer the latter.

Not sure if serious...

The part timers are part of the reason WWE isn't as hot as they could be. They are nostalgia acts that are there to remind people of better times. Instead of you know the WWE creating good, original stuff.

Ugh, fuck old timers.

It all goes back to what Vince said. This new generation are Millennials and most lack that inherit quality needed to be a Superstar. Take the ladder match for example. I could sense bad vibes coming from everyone involved in the match, as if they knew they were doing nothing new and just going through the motions. The winner was a man who ended last Mania as the ultimate champ but got injured and allowed himself to comeback for that.

Then you have Bray Wyatt. A man who spent 2 months droning on and on about his dream match. And what happens the day of? He sprains his ankle. What an embarrassment. Thankfully Taker was there to carry him, and he's very lucky his bum ankle didn't end up causing an accident for that 50 year old man.

Look at Triple H and Sting and everyone involved in the match. Consummate professionals, all deserving of "you still got it" chants.

The only people on this card from the new generation that deserved to be there were Rusev, Nikki Bella, and Seth Rollins.

Props to Orton and Cena for putting up with all these other fuckers.

So much damn truth in this post. Glad Mania restored your like for wrestling again friend.

qMtYQjL.gif

Showaddy

Now these two do make sense. Also when did that change? The last thing I heard was the WM wrap up and there he said he heard about the other two. He said he heard it in the press box.

I have no idea but he posted it on the Observer message board. He doesn't seem to think that Neville will be debuting either now.

Except the WWE has actual numbers to show that nobody is watching even the Raw or Nitro's they have on call. If the shows that are part of the era that have been deified can't get much use, what's the chance of a random AWA show from 1985 getting any views?

The truth is, the cost it takes to digitize and HD-ize these shows probably doesn't match the benefit. I think we'll eventually get everything up on the Network, but it'll be in dribs and drabs over the next 5 to 10 years, not over the next week.

Because frankly, to the average WWE fan, another Diva Search will draw far more subscribers than the November 19th, 1985 WCCW TV Show, even if I'd prefer the latter.

Of course randomly throwing up wccw won't work. Its why fly Kevin von,Erich in to do promos talking about wccw.

Get jim Ross and Ted dibiase talking about mid south.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot which guys Meltzer mentioned are supposed to come up from NXT. One of them was Kalisto. Forgot the other one, but it's basically exactly not the guys you'd expect.
Ready for the #DempseyDynasty

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Zlk4bDb.jpg

I'll never understand what it is with Vince and guys looking like they just took a shower.

Does he think we are supposed to believe that they are all working out backstage when they don't wrestle?

It also might be to stop them from overheating in the match. Lots of lights / ambient heat in the ring.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I listened to the commentary last night. Just reinforced my thought that it was meant to be a nostalgia match that wasn't supposed to be taken seriously. I forgot if it was JBL or Cole that said this was a match between the best from WCW and the best from WWE and all I could think was I didn't see Stone Cold in the ring.

Because let's face it. HHH wasn't that big of a deal during the Monday Night Wars. He wasn't even around during the end of it.

Too bad it was kind of a foregone conclusion they weren't gonna pay Goldberg to show up.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I haven't heard Meltzer mention anything about call-ups. Last night on the LAW, Pollock mentioned Neville and Kalisto.

Neville should be able to get over on Raw, right? I saw him at a house show ages ago and people who didn't know who he was were still very into the Red Arrow.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sting is going to be there tonight to apologize to Vince, apologize to HHH and to everyone who has ever worked in the WWE because he was wrong this whole time. He will bow in humiliation and then seppuku.

kiguel182

I'm dreading monthly specials. Less of them are working so well.

Monthly PPVs are not something that should be imitated. I bet it won't take long until they expand the show to two hours and bring in more writers.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Wish I had tix to Raw tonight. Damn me completely missing the boat when they went on sale in December. Well guess I should be happy I got to attend NXT and Mania.

I don't have as much of an issue with the monthly specials because it was inevitable. If NXT is going to become its own touring brand and a separate thing, then they were going to have to run big shows more frequently. And like I said earlier, the talent and booking of NXT are good enough to pull of monthly shows.

Alucard

Banned
Name suggestions for the merged IC/US title:

Multinational Championship
Cross-Border Championship
Worldwide Championship
Heritage Championship
Excel Championship
Road Warrior Championship
Pathway Championship
Journeyman Championship
Super J Championship
Access Championship

kiguel182

I don't have as much of an issue with the monthly specials because it was inevitable. If NXT is going to become its own touring brand and a separate thing, then they were going to have to run big shows more frequently. And like I said earlier, the talent and booking of NXT are good enough to pull of monthly shows.

What if they aren't?

I really don't want them to ruin the only wrestling show that I constantly enjoy.

This version of Lesnar might be the best and most entertaining thing that's come along in wrestling for at least a decade.

Unique to the core and Heyman just makes it that much better.

What if they aren't?

I really don't want them to ruin the only wrestling show that I constantly enjoy.

They build to big matches even without specials every month. Zayn/Neville back in November. Owens/Balor last week. The people booking have shown that they know what they are doing. I have faith in them until proven otherwise.

Top Bottom