• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Also, special mention for how bad the commentary was.

The way they were pushing "Wreslemania moment" was just so lame. Everything was a freaking Wreslemania moment.

Also, the way they reacted to Reigns was so different from the way the crowd did that it created this weird dissonance that made it very weird to listen to them.

Just bad, bad stuff. They really need to either get new commentators or, since that won't happen right now, have Vince away from it. It's just so bad.
That's one of the reasons I don't want to watch it on the network. Seeing it live without commentary was very refreshing.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
on wwe.com the preview for raw says sheamus to retrn tonight

http://www.wwe.com/inside/2k/wwe-2k-new-mobile-game-ios-android-27236116

Looking for a new stage to showcase your mastery of WWE video games? Look no further than your mobile device.

This spring, 2K will give you the ability to take your virtual sports-entertainment prowess on the go with WWE 2K, a new mobile game that brings the action of 2K’s flagship WWE video game franchise to your favorite iOS and Android devices. Their newest WWE offering marks the first time that 2K brings the popular WWE console gaming series to iOS and Android devices.

Well, at least they won't have to lower the fidelity of the textures to port it.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Three-time WWE World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus will make his long-awaited return to WWE Monday on Raw, WWE.com has learned. The Celtic Warrior has been out of action since November 2014, and vignettes hyping his return have been featured on Raw for the last several weeks. What will kind of statement will Sheamus make on Raw, and who might be on the receiving end of 2015’s first Brogue Kick?

im calling Roman still

Kaladin

633x387_Network_Promo_ExtremeRules_updated.png

Extreme Rules 2015 poster, that US title is elevated.

kiguel182

I think (hope) they pull Sheamus vs Bryan next. They work really well together and there's some story there.

And, for better or for worse, Sheamus it's a known name and it would help this whole "make the IC title relevant again".

It's honestly better than Ziggler vs Bryan.

kiguel182

Also, Cena vs Bryan needs to be the SummerSlam match to unify those belts. It's about time and they have the two right guys to do it.

WWE don't mess this up.

on wwe.com the preview for raw says sheamus to retrn tonight

im calling Roman still

633x387_Network_Promo_ExtremeRules_updated.png

Extreme Rules 2015 poster, that US title is elevated.
Also, Cena vs Bryan needs to be the SummerSlam match to unify those belts. It's about time and they have the two right guys to do it.

WWE don't mess this up.

ibs1oU48ox6grG.gif

My Boss yelled at me today.

I have lost my smile.
Sorry to hear that. I hope your day gets better.

Zach

Also, special mention for how bad the commentary was.

The way they were pushing "Wreslemania moment" was just so lame. Everything was a freaking Wreslemania moment.

Also, the way they reacted to Reigns was so different from the way the crowd did that it created this weird dissonance that made it very weird to listen to them.

Just bad, bad stuff. They really need to either get new commentators or, since that won't happen right now, have Vince away from it. It's just so bad.
Oh yeah. Commentary was atrocious as always. I can't believe they have three guys and not one of them can rise above horrible.

Oh yeah. Commentary was atrocious as always. I can't believe they have three guys and not one of them can rise above horrible.
I don't know, I didn't find them bad at all last night. I thought they were effective in doing what they were supposed to do in selling matches. They didn't really ramble on or anything either. JBL had some funny moments when he was heeling it up and King's dad jokes were kinda funny too.

WWE® NETWORK PARTNERS WITH SETH GREEN, JERRY SPRINGER AND JEFF TREMAINE ON THREE NEW ORIGINAL SERIES

STAMFORD, Conn., March 30, 2015 – In addition to the premium monthly live pay-per-view events, WWE Network unveiled new programming for the remainder of 2015, which includes eight brand new original series and partnerships with director Jeff Tremaine, Seth Green’s Stoopid Buddy Stoodios and legendary talk show host Jerry Springer.

NEW ORIGINAL SERIES:

CAMP WWE – COMING LATE 2015

WWE, in partnership with Seth Green’s Stoopid Buddy Stoodios, will debut a new, animated short-form comedy series entitled Camp WWE. Imagine WWE Superstars and Divas when they were kids at their favorite summer camp…which happens to be run by none other than Mr. McMahon – add in shock-value, slapstick humor and social satire – and you have WWE’s first adult comedy, which will debut later this year.

“We’re insanely excited about this collaboration,” said Green. “WWE is one of the most heartfelt and professional organizations I’ve worked with. We’re beyond happy to help them realize this vision.”

SWERVED – COMING IN MAY

WWE teams up with the Director of Jackass and Bad Grandpa, Jeff Tremaine, to give you the hilarious original series, Swerved. Swerved is a half hour series and will premiere in May.

“I’m excited to combine my brand of entertainment with the world of WWE,” said Tremaine. “It will be the ultimate mash-up.”

DIVA SEARCH – COMING THIS FALL

WWE spans the globe in search of the most beautiful, athletic and charismatic women to find the next stunning WWE Diva. This competition will give viewers the opportunity to witness the challenges, trials, drama and rewards that accompany the journey of these women, as they vie for superstardom. Coming this Fall.

JERRY SPRINGER PRESENTS WWE TOO HOT FOR TV – COMING IN APRIL

Hosted by legendary talk show host Jerry Springer, this series will re-introduce the WWE Universe to the most outrageous stunts and cringe-inducing moments in TV history. The series will be chock full of insane situations and racy romps from WWE’s past that will have members of the WWE Universe asking, “Did they really do this?!” Springer will inject his own brand of humor into each episode with themes such as “Love Hurts,” “All in the Family” and “Weddings and Funerals.”

The half-hour series will be available beginning in April in WWE Network’s video-on-demand library with new episodes weekly.

“I suspect 25 years of The Jerry Springer Show qualifies me to comment on outrageous behavior,” said Springer. “And what is more outrageous than the entertainment, drama and craziness of the WWE. This is going to be fun.”

LIVE! WITH CHRIS JERICHO – DEBUTS MONDAY, APRIL 6 WITH SPECIAL GUEST JOHN CENA

Podcast host Chris Jericho challenges his guests in provocative, candid conversations about their careers, their lives, past controversies and the overall state of WWE. The monthly series kicks off Monday, April 6 immediately following Raw, with its first one-hour episode featuring WWE Superstar John Cena.

“I’m stoked to bring my show to WWE Network and give Jerichoholics worldwide more of what they’ve come to expect – humor, questions that have never been asked before and the best conversations that any podcast host has ever delivered,” said Jericho. “No matter who the guest is, whether it be WWE Superstars, Divas, Legends, executives or icons from the entertainment world, I guarantee to deliver the best, most entertaining interview you have ever heard from each and every one of them.”

UNFILTERED: WITH RENEE YOUNG – DEBUTS IN MAY

WWE announcer Renee Young interviews WWE Superstars and other pop-culture celebrities, covering just about everything, except what they are famous for. In this short-form series, Renee’s guests include Grammy Award winner Wiz Khalifa, five-time Grammy nominee Skylar Grey and WWE Superstars Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins. Unfiltered will debut in May.

CULTURE SHOCK: WITH COREY GRAVES – PREMIERING IN JUNE

WWE commentator Corey Graves reveals a variety of unique venues, customs, music, food and people as WWE’s tour travels around the world. From Marvel comic headquarters to a tattoo shop on the lower east side of Manhattan, Graves examines the local culture with his unique perspective and style. This short-form series will premiere in June.

WWE THE LIST – COMING IN JUNE

WWE The List is the best, the worst, the most bizarre and interesting of everything and anything WWE. If it’s amazing, outrageous, sexy or just plain fun, it just made #TheList.

Well, I'm glad I let my Network Subscription die....this doesn't deserve my $10 a month.

Xater

WWE don't mess this up.

I like this idea, but I doubt it will happen.

The two title do need to be unified though. I don't even care how.

kiguel182

One of the titles needs to go, one pointless title is enough.

It does. And now that the titles are with someone that's not a midcard for life it's the time to pull the trigger.

They just need to book them strong for the next three months and then them unifying and it will have some meaning at least.

If they do it well they can get some momentum behind Bryan to have him main-event again and put Cena in a position where he can put someone else over down the line.

(of course I'm just daydreaming and this won't happen)

When Cole is the best you've got you know it's bad. We smarks like to use hyperbole a lot of the time but when it comes to the commentary is no exaggeration, it truly is awful.

kiguel182

I don't know, I didn't find them bad at all last night. I thought they were effective in doing what they were supposed to do in selling matches. They didn't really ramble on or anything either. JBL had some funny moments when he was heeling it up and King's dad jokes were kinda funny too.

ibs1oU48ox6grG.gif

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
To be honest, my initial thought when Seth ran out was that he was there to eat the pin from Reigns and keep Lesnar strong.

The beauty of WWEs booking...when they change it up, it leaves us genuinely surprised.

Has anyone giffed Rousey looking thirsty for The Rock in the ring? Those looks...damn.

OK, good, I wasn't sure if I was the only one who noticed that. She wanted Rock. So bad. I thought she might try to have a Rated R celebration with him in that ring right at that moment.

I hosted a small party last night. Half of the guests don't follow wrestling at all. It actually went very well...except when King or JBL would say something stupid.

Then I was:

tumblr_inline_nkcvj0RYOb1rt06su.gif

Or the time the network stalled in the middle of the IC ladder match:

tumblr_inline_nkcvj0RYOb1rt06su.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I'm glad I let my Network Subscription die....this doesn't deserve my $10 a month.
Why, are the shows not any good? I haven't seen any of them so I'm not qualified to make a judgment.

Alucard

Banned
Those of you calling for the unification of the US and IC titles...

What would you call the new belt? The WWE Pure Championship? The WWE Ubernational Championship? The WWE Next Man Up Championship?

Pulling his pants over his belly. That's a weak move.
That's a shirt breh. He's not coming for that Big Sexy crown just yet.
I hosted a small party last night. Half of the guests don't follow wrestling at all. It actually went very well...except when King or JBL would say something stupid.

Then I was:

https://31.media.tumblr.com/f87dae6517062cd4b8390908007d1095/tumblr_inline_nkcvj0RYOb1rt06su.gif[IMG]

Or the time the network stalled in the middle of the IC ladder match:

[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/f87dae6517062cd4b8390908007d1095/tumblr_inline_nkcvj0RYOb1rt06su.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Lol. I expect nothing but dumb shit from Lawler and JBL at times, so I was pleased.

BFIB

What would you call the new belt? The WWE Pure Championship? The WWE Ubernational Championship? The WWE Next Man Up Championship?

The irrelevant championship.

kiguel182

I actually thought about it and couldn't come up with anything.

But WWE Pure Championship does sound good.

Or keep it the IC belt and just retire the US title. I think that is the best bet.

Toki767

Man. I just did the math. The average age of all the male wrestlers who made an appearance on the main WrestleMania PPV last night (including DX/NWO) is 40.

Top Bottom