• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

kiguel182

Have we talked about how much the balding spot in Cena's head has grown in the past few months?

I guess this leaves Bret Hart as the only non bald WWE top guy.

Has anyone giffed Rousey looking thirsty for The Rock in the ring? Those looks...damn.

OK, good, I wasn't sure if I was the only one who noticed that. She wanted Rock. So bad. I thought she might try to have a Rated R celebration with him in that ring right at that moment.

Well, she looked like she was ready to jump Pete Holmes' bones in this video too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItawRryuG24

She either has eclectic taste or god-tier flirting skills.

If you guys thought this year was bad with part-timers, just wait until next year. They are going to throw as much money as possible at as many legends as possible to get them on that show.

Plz tell me they are smart enough to make a mobile GM Mode

Nope.

Key features of WWE 2K currently include:

-Playable roster of many fan-favorite WWE Superstars, including John Cena®, Hulk Hogan®, Sting®, Triple H®, Undertaker®, Daniel Bryan®, Roman Reigns™, Seth Rollins™, Dean Ambrose™ and Bray Wyatt™;

-Authentic WWE action, including three match types, full WWE Superstar ring entrances and comprehensive move sets;

-Create-a-Superstar;

-Career Mode;

-Live Multiplayer Matches;

-Unlockable Rewards.

Bring back this bad boy

FTW_V2.jpg

If you guys thought this year was bad with part-timers, just wait until next year. They are going to throw as much money as possible at as many legends as possible to get them on that show.

Good, because those were by far the best parts of the show. It turns out the IWC got it all wrong. Look no further than that garbage ladder match. The highlights being all of H vs. Sting and of course Brock Lesnar in general. Seth Rollins is the exception that proves the rule.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Trips flopping and NWO appearance seems far more memorable than random ladder scramble match with a bunch of dudes who will never get anywhere after this match and perform needlessly stupid dangerous spots

kiguel182

Good, because those were by far the best parts of the show. It turns out the IWC got it all wrong. Look no further than that garbage ladder match. The highlights being all of H vs. Sting and of course Brock Lesnar in general. Seth Rollins is the exception that proves the rule.

Not sure if serious...

The part timers are part of the reason WWE isn't as hot as they could be. They are nostalgia acts that are there to remind people of better times. Instead of you know the WWE creating good, original stuff.

Ugh, fuck old timers.

Wrestlemania was fun as shit. I went to a bar here in Chicago that was showing it, and everybody there was super into almost everything. A few thoughts:

-That ladder match was just what it needed to be but was ultimately pretty unspectacular. It got the crowd going, but it's a day later and other than Ambrose taking a pretty nasty bump on a ladder, I don't really remember a single thing that happened. It was kind of the opposite of that dumb Ziggler/Harper ladder match from the fall. Where that one was poorly-told but involvingly dangerous, this one was told fine but had no real sense of stakes due to the poor buildup of both the match, in the last few weeks, and the title, in the last decade or so.

-Rollins/Orton was a very, very good match. It also had probably the second-hottest ending of the night, with that amazing GOAT out-of-nowhere cutter. Orton's been on fire since the fall or so, as you can tell he's in "give a shit" mode - and when he's in that mode, there's nobody in the company that's a better overall package in terms of crisp, well-executed wrestling moves, good and logical selling, tons of little mannerisms and tics that sell the drama of the match, and an overall look that screams "pro wrestler". Rollins, however, was more than a match for him, and he's becoming more and more "Edge, if he were less cool but a better wrestler" as a character everyday. Nobody will be talking about this match 10 years from now, but it's the kind of match that WWE should show guys in developmental if they want them to understand what a well-done "WWE style" match looks like.

-Sting/HHH was so, so, so, so fun. I know a lot of people in here hated it, but I can tell you that a bar packed full of wrestling fans went absolutely NUTS for EVERYTHING that happened in this match. It did not, at all, match the tone of the buildup, and it will likely have zero rewatchability, but as a surreal, over-the-top, goofy hit of nostalgia, it was damn near perfect. It was almost like some weird kabuki reenactment of the Monday Night Wars, minus Austin and Goldberg, and the match was filled with amazingly entertaining little moments - HBK out of nowhere, the sledgehammer getting broken in half, Hall taking a fucking back body drop, Nash selling his quad, fucking X-Pac taking out Hogan. The ending was bad not because Sting lost, but because it was anticlimactic and abrupt, like they just didn't have a good idea for how to finish it. Still, it was all SO fun. Oh, and HHH's entrance was absolutely legendary wrestlecrap. I laughed for a good ten minutes at how awesomely stupid it was. It's like when I went to Times Square and discovered it was a postmodern hellscape where Elmos, Hello Kittys, Cookie Monsters, Buzz Lightyears, and every other childhood icon were all walking around in Nike shoes with slumped postures, except where that was horrible, this was amazing. HHH surrounded by Terminators with Shao Khan body armor MADE of Terminator parts and Conan-style bunches of Terminator skulls. sogood.gif

-Rusev/Cena was as standard of a John Cena match as you could ask for, but Rusev was utterly AMAZING. I'm pretty sure it's all downhill for him from here, as the unbeatable foreign heel character can't really outlast a loss, but if this was a career high, WHAT a career high that entrance was. It was the Wrestlemania entrance of Wrestlemania entrances.

-The divas match was fine, but nobody cared.

-The Wyatt/Taker match was horrible, and it absolutely killed everybody at the bar. It was slow, uninvolving, kinda sloppy, and the ending utterly nonsensical. Vince doesn't seem to realize how badly he's hurting his younger guys by always rubbing in how inferior they are to the greats of the past. Wyatt will be fine, but he needs to be off TV for a while, get retooled, come back with a solid storyline and a long-term plan. As it stands, he's a creepy cult leader who's converted no new followers and won no matches of any import. Big whoop.

-Reigns/Lesnar was about as perfect as it could have been. Pat Patterson deserves an hour with Santa's blowjob wall from that Mexican Santa Claus movie for that one. They didn't do the stupid thing and have Reign go blow-for-blow with Lesnar, but instead had him get dominated for most of the match, like every other WWE guy that's been in the ring with him, then get lucky on one good shot and spam his big moves in order to wear Lesnar down. It was ingenious booking that made every single person look strong, and the Rollins ending opened up so many great booking possibilities for the next few months.

All in all, a Wrestlemania that, whatever its problems, was FUN - something sorely missing from WWE in the past year.

So much damn truth in this post. Glad Mania restored your like for wrestling again friend.

All these fucking original shows and they can't be assed with uploading old content like WCCW, ECW, old WWF house shows, finishing up TNT and PrimeTime Wrestling, putting Superstars of Wrestling, Nitro, Saturday Night... LOL god dammit.

Because nobody watches the old stuff. The average person gets the Network, goes back and watches a couple of PPV's from when they were a kid, then use the network to watch PPV's and other original programming.

The WWE already saw how successful focusing only on old content is - it was called WWE Classics.

Fox318

The commentary during the Sting match was fucking insane.

Its nothing but Vince gloating.

Why would sting shake hands with HHH after he cheated?

Part timers,are the best part about wwe right now.,hell people like Ronda who don't even work for them are awesome.

Better than a random Ziggler/Bryan match

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The commentary during the Sting match was fucking insane.

Its nothing but Vince gloating.

Why would sting shake hands with HHH after he cheated?

Probably to signify the feud isn't going to keep going. Either that or it was supposed to be a shoot (a worked one, obviously) where he's supposed to be out of character congratulating Sting on getting a big match at Wrestlemania.

Toki767

Aren't Sheamus and Orton generally the two people that get shat on the most on the Raw after Mania?

Orton should be fine. The crowd loved him yesterday. Sheamus is never getting over being part of that 18 second Bryan match. That thing is going to stick with him for his entire career to the Mania crowd.

If they merge the US and IC title together they should just call it the World Heavyweight Championship

They already merged it together once. They called it the Intercontinental Championship.

kiguel182

Even if I didn't like HHH vs Sting I have to admit that the whole dumbness of it made it entertaining if pointless. I still find it pretty sad that 15 years later WWE is still relieving the fucking Attitude Era.

And, if that match was a pretty self contained nostalgia trip, it really pales in comparation to Taker going over Wyatt. Nothing excuses that. Taker is old, it's time to make the new guys strong.

Fox318

Probably to signify the feud isn't going to keep going. Either that or it was supposed to be a shoot (a worked one, obviously) where he's supposed to be out of character congratulating Sting on getting a big match at Wrestlemania.

But the commentary was so fucking bad.

OK MAGGLE THIS ISNT STARCADE THIS IS WRESTLEMANIA MAGGLE

MAGGLE HE TRIED TO PUT US OUT OF BUSINESS MAGGLE

HHH IS THE TRUE LEADER OF THE MONDAY NIGHT WAR MAGGLE THAT STUNNING STEVE DIDNT EXIST MAGGLE

Xater

I forgot which guys Meltzer mentioned are supposed to come up from NXT. One of them was Kalisto. Forgot the other one, but it's basically exactly not the guys you'd expect.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Data, did you see episode 16 of DECKER: Port Of Call: Hawaii?

Fucking Greg and his loud mouth. Decker may be in trouble now that his element of surprise is gone. Thanks for nothing "President" Davidson and Greg

Showaddy

I forgot which guys Meltzer mentioned are supposed to come up from NXT. One of them was Kalisto. Forgot the other one, but it's basically exactly not the guys you'd expect.

He seems to have changed his mind and said Balor & Charlotte are confirmed now.

Toki767

But the commentary was so fucking bad.

OK MAGGLE THIS ISNT STARCADE THIS IS WRESTLEMANIA MAGGLE

MAGGLE HE TRIED TO PUT US OUT OF BUSINESS MAGGLE

HHH IS THE TRUE LEADER OF THE MONDAY NIGHT WAR MAGGLE THAT STUNNING STEVE DIDNT EXIST MAGGLE

I listened to the commentary last night. Just reinforced my thought that it was meant to be a nostalgia match that wasn't supposed to be taken seriously. I forgot if it was JBL or Cole that said this was a match between the best from WCW and the best from WWE and all I could think was I didn't see Stone Cold in the ring.

Because let's face it. HHH wasn't that big of a deal during the Monday Night Wars. He wasn't even around during the end of it.

Nope.

Next Mania will be main evented by Rock/HHH and Taker/Sting. Mania after that main evented by Rock/Brock and Taker/Cena.

Then
Now
Forever (old)

kiguel182

Can't wait to see Charlotte come and just lose to Brie because she "doesn't look like a model".

I'm still bitter they jobbed her out to Natalya on her first night on Raw when promoting Takeover.

I know they were going for a Tommy Dreamer-like situation with Roman, but that the crowd still saw that bullshit a mile away, maybe if you use a actual weapon and Roman is smiling, it could work, but suplexes? Nah.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
So gaf are you guys ready to be trolled with a Cena/Reigns feud?

That would be sort of fantastic, admittedly.

This would never happen admittedly; but part of me dreams of a Triple Threat match at WM 32 with Rollins as the WWE WHC, Ambrose as the IC holder, and Reigns as the US holder.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Data, did you see episode 16 of DECKER: Port Of Call: Hawaii?

Fucking Greg and his loud mouth. Decker may be in trouble now that his element of surprise is gone. Thanks for nothing "President" Davidson and Greg

Gregg being a useless son of a bitch and the corrupted President constantly worried about his special interest groups? I'm beginning to wonder if this is a show anymore or if Tim is filming a documentary

Top Bottom