• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

RBH

Vince McMahon confused Michael Tarver for Shelton Benjamin:

From the recent Curt Hawkins shoot:

"On July 28th, the PG era in the WWE began. Brian said that they were told this would take place in a meeting backstage before the Great American Bash. He recalls how Vince was speaking at a podium when Michael Tarver, who had been used sparingly at this point, asked a question to which Vince replied "excellent question Shelton." He then said everyone laughed and Vince could not figure out why.

He then recalls at the Bash, JBL and Cena had a brutal Parking Lot Brawl match that was taped the day prior and they showed the finish live and he was watching backstage on the monitor with Mark Henry who said "since when is murder PG." He said that he were all trying to figure out the rules at the time."
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir..._thought_michael_tarver_was_shelton_benjamin/

DMczaf

Brock is going Mega Babyface at WM31, with or without the belt the next night. WM31 will the complete inverse of WM20 in terms of the crowd reactions to him. He loves the WWE (part time)!

Bowser

Wish you guys would stop reminding me how shitty Dexter got. One of the few shows I actually just quit watching which is saying a lot. Fuck, I even stuck with Nip/Tuck all the way through.

I watched all the way to the bitter end. That final season...my god.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Brock is going Mega Babyface at WM31, with or without the belt the next night. WM31 will the complete inverse of WM20 in terms of the crowd reactions to him. He loves the WWE (part time)!

Yes sir!

Why does wrestling have a stigma of advertisers not wanting in?

Once you start associating your product with Wrestling it's pretty much impossible to get that stink off of it. That's why only products that are low quality trash to start with like Slim Jims or Paper Jamz bother

RBH

Why does wrestling have a stigma of advertisers not wanting in?

a.aaa.jpg

I don't really want Brock to go face. He's perfect the way he is now. He's over because he is unstoppable and beats the shit out of guys we don't generally like but who may also be faces. Also, if he goes face he's going to be in chase mode sooner than later.

JavyOO7

I saw seasons 1 and 2 of Dexter which I felt were magnificent. Did not see anything after though. Going by the last GAF-OT thread of season eight, maybe I shouldn't go past season 2 after all. =p

Toki767

There is a reason they were saying "$9.99" so much when the network launched. Market research has probably shown that a majority of wrestling fans are poor and need things repeated to them.

Little do they know that the main reason the Network doesn't sell is because the current product is lackluster.

But of course they can never blame themselves.

Zach

I don't really want Brock to go face. He's perfect the way he is now. He's over because he is unstoppable and beats the shit out of guys we don't generally like but who may also be faces. Also, if he goes face he's going to be in chase mode sooner than later.

Why can't McMahon have what he lusts for: the unstoppable monster face champion? Like, a new Hulkster? The Brockster, if you will.

Toki767

Why can't McMahon have what he lusts for: the unstoppable monster face champion? Like, a new Hulkster? The Brockster, if you will.

Brock doesn't have the look probably.

Vince is desperate to create the next Hogan and Rock, not the next Stone Cold.

I think I need to get the answer straight from the experts -- do y'all think the whole Kojima/Konami thing is a WORK or a SHOOT? Vote now on the WWE App!

Kojima's the boy who cried wolf at this point. He pulls the wool over people's eyes a couple of times and, because of that, literally everything that he does anymore is expected to be part of some big deception or some shit, and not that maybe he just doesn't want to put up with the bullshit from a company as incompetent as Konami anymore.

Zach

WM31 predictions

Coming from a guy who barely knows what's going on:

- Orton over Rollins clean*
- Undertaker over Bray to somehow set up Taker/Sting at Bash at the Beach
- Pai-J over the Bellas for the love of Jesus
- Cena over Rusev because dumb
- Daniel Bryan wins the IC strap
- It's a toss-up between Adrian Neville and Mark Henry for the Andre win, but I'm going with Mighty Mouse
- Sting over Triple H
- Kidd/Cesaro because awesome
- Reigns over Brock

*Rollins cashes in and wins the strap from Reigns to set up feuds with Orton (WM X-style, baby!), Reigns, AND babyface The Brockster down the road.

Heel

Alucard, while I can understand a child-like enthusiasm for something you enjoy, can you not "re-post" things you've already said about Lucha Underground?

MC Safety

I think the comparison is inelegant.

Brock is no Hulk Hogan, and Hogan was never marketed as an unstoppable monster.

Top Bottom