• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Hasney

I miss Brad Maddox.

Qx0JPzl.gif

jred2k

Alucard, while I can understand a child-like enthusiasm for something you enjoy, can you not "re-post" things you've already said about Lucha Underground?

I personally can't wait for the re-post double posts. Truly cutting edge foruming on display.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've agreed with you multiple times. You prolly didn't notice.

Nah I see the support. You, Dream, and a couple others. You hated his short especially because he felt the need to use strippers.

I'm always seein' you Carnby. And I appreciate it.

Heel

I'm more interested in the psychology behind why they (not Brock, they, the WWE) decided to announce this on ESPN before the match.

The affect this had is clear, in that everyone believes Brock is a shoe-in. Offshore odds switched to Brock as a favorite within an hour of announcing. But why do it?

Don't trust this new age of carny, that's all I'm saying.

Sephzilla

WM31 Predictions
  • Tag Title PreShow = Usos
  • Sting vs HHH = HHH
  • Battle Royal = Shaemus
  • IC Title Match = Bryan
  • US Title Match = Cena
  • AJ/Page vs Bellas = AJ/Paige
  • Undertaker vs Bray = Undertaker
  • Orton vs Rollins = Orton
  • Roman vs Brock = Roman

WM31 Predictions
  • Sting vs HHH = HHH
  • Battle Royal = Shaemus
  • IC Title Match = Bryan
  • US Title Match = Cena
  • Roman vs Brock = Roman

I think the Bellas will win their match but other then that those are my predicitons as well

Carnby

Nah I see the support. You, Dream, and a couple others. You hated his short especially because he felt the need to use strippers.

I'm always seein' you Carnby. And I appreciate it.

That and acting like a tool while drinking shit beer and wearing a sleeveless motorhead shirt, with his stick figure arms poking through.

Toki767

I'm more interested in the psychology behind why they (not Brock, they, the WWE) decided to announce this on ESPN before the match.

The affect this had is clear, in that everyone believes Brock is a shoe-in. Offshore odds switched to Brock as a favorite within an hour of announcing. But why do it?

Common belief seems to be that the ESPN people thought Brock was actually going to announce that he was signing with UFC.

RP912

Banned
My WM31 Predictions:

1. Kidd/Cesaro retaining
2. Ambrose winning the IC belt
3. Russev retaining
4. bellas winning lol
5. Bray winning
6. Orton winning
7 Seth winning ;)
8. Stink losing because "kill wcw again and again"
9. Ryback winning the royale

Sephzilla

I think the Bellas will win their match but other then that those are my predicitons as well

I went back and forth on the diva match as well as Brock/Roman. There's a reason I went with Roman - Brock announcing that he's staying with WWE swung all of the odds in Brocks favor, which is probably the exact thing Vince wants in order to MAKE ROMAN LOOK STRONG

Barrage

I don't buy he announced it to get people off the scent of Reigns winning. Betting lines be damned. Wrestlemania has had some very obvious main events recently that they didn't shirk from (Taker/HBK II, Rock/Cena II)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That and acting like a tool while drinking shit beer and wearing a sleeveless motorhead shirt, with his stick figure arms poking through.

You always know exactly what to say to win me over. Bless you.
N4QeNqm.gif

WM31 Predictions
  • Sting vs HHH = HHH
  • Battle Royal = Shaemus
  • IC Title Match = Bryan
  • US Title Match = Cena
  • Roman vs Brock = Roman

How and why?

Also what is HHH record at WM? 4-12

Heel

I appreciate Max Landis letting these chain wrestling fan weirdos know that, no matter how badly they want this to be about how good of a wrestler you are, wrestling is in fact not about wrestling. While this has always been the case and forever will be, it was nice of him to communicate this to the child-like minds of the YouTube generation.

With that said, I do not fuck with Max Landis or the skeevy aura he exudes. Case in point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F7N9pTksxY

scabro

I appreciate Max Landis letting these chain wrestling fan weirdos know that, no matter how badly they want this to be about how good of a wrestler you are, wrestling is in fact not about wrestling. While this has always been the case and forever will be, it was nice of him to communicate this to the child-like minds of the YouTube generation.

With that said, I do not fuck with Max Landis or the skeevy aura he exudes. Case in point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F7N9pTksxY

i dont know friend, i think "wing wang wong" would get over pretty well in the WWE Universe, just from recent events.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The guy I'm talking about is the One Direction guy and apparently there's a cutting hastag dedicated to him going around because he left the band.

People joke about it but others don't see it's a joke, and it's problematic all 'round. I hope nobody does either, and a friend of mine's daughter is 13 and cuts, and it bothers me a lot because I don't know how to tell her to STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPP DOINGGGGGGGGGG THATTTTTTTTTTTTT.

Mania Predictions

Tag Title PreShow = Cesaro & Kidd
Sting vs HHH = Sting
Battle Royal = Axelmania or the NXT guy
IC Title Match = Bryan
US Title Match = Cena
AJ/Page vs Bellas = Bellas
Undertaker vs Bray = Undertaker
Orton vs Rollins = Rollins
Roman vs Brock = Brock

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The only thing I've changed in mine is Lesnar retaining.

Tag Titles = Cesaro & Kidd
Sting vs HHH = Sting
Battle Royal = Mizdow
IC Title Match = Bryan
US Title Match = Cena
AJ/Paige vs Bellas = AJ and Paige
Roman vs Bork = Brock Lesnar

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Those of us tagged as THE BEAST were simply prophets.

A shame Verendus is gone. I guess that's one way out of an avatar bet.

NoRéN

Anyone here a San Jose local?

I have Saturday morning free and need some, preferably cheap, suggestions for things to do in the area.

I didn't hate him from the wrestling or Superman video but that one tipped the scale. Dude messed up saying Yabba Dabba Doo and thought Hey Hey Hey was from the 90's.

jmdajr

Mania Predictions

Tag Title PreShow = Cesaro & Kidd
Sting vs HHH = Stang :( :( :(
Battle Royal = Ryback!
IC Title Match = Bryan
US Title Match = Rusev! Enjoy the time off Cena!
AJ/Page vs Bellas = Bellas
Roman vs Brock = Bork Laser

Alucard

Banned
Alucard, while I can understand a child-like enthusiasm for something you enjoy, can you not "re-post" things you've already said about Lucha Underground?

In this case, I was just posting a reminder that the show is on tonight and what the card looks like. I'm assuming not everyone got a chance to see it before 8am EST today, and I know there a fair number of Lucha Underground fans in this thread. Are you part of that number, Heel?

Top Bottom