• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Came back from raw and the main event was a bust. Most the people that sat around me also sat near me at mania and also are booked at the same hotel so a lot of people were able to spread chants quicker due to already being acquainted with one another.

Ithil

Came back from raw and the main event was a bust. Most the people that sat around me also sat near me at mania and also are booked at the same hotel so a lot of people were able to spread chants quicker due to already being acquainted with one another.

There's talk on twitter of nasty chants during the Divas match. How was the situation live?

Was RAW worth watching?

First two hours or so. The main event and most of the last hour is nothing.

Eidan

Glad Smarks are being recognized as the fuckwits that they can be when it comes to chanting. Trash women and children for cheering Cena/Reigns all you want, they're not the ones chanting "What" and fucking up every promo the last fiteen years, or chanting "CM Punk" at AJ Lee for dumbshit reasons known only to themselves. Manchildren that cry whenever Cena wins and threaten to cancel the Network 'cause their fave didn't win the title on RAW are 100X worse than kids with wristbands on.

Preach.

3 Hours i s just too long,even with a crowd that hot. That being said, it was still an enjoyable RAW. Hopefully Kallisto can be pushed (with or without Cara), and hopefully they can repackage New Day Pronto.

Glad Smarks are being recognized as the fuckwits that they can be when it comes to chanting. Trash women and children for cheering Cena/Reigns all you want, they're not the ones chanting "What" and fucking up every promo the last fiteen years, or chanting "CM Punk" at AJ Lee for dumbshit reasons known only to themselves. Manchildren that cry whenever Cena wins and threaten to cancel the Network 'cause their fave didn't win the title on RAW are 100X worse than kids with wristbands on.
Got to agree with you on this one

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
There's talk on twitter of nasty chants during the Divas match. How was the situation live?

First two hours or so. The main event and most of the last hour is nothing.

Once the "You Suck Cena" chant started, a lot of idiots continued on. It was split in my area with people sitting out the chants and others contributing to the nonsense. They would last 10 seconds and move onto the next diva besides Paige. After that the chants turned pro Divas, cheering for AJ, and No More Bellas. After it finished, there were several arguments from those who didn't participate and those who did on why the sexist chants weren't cool.

Edit: I heard no What chants or CM Punk in my section. Only time Punk was heard was "You Suck Punk" which was then booed.

DMczaf

asPCd4H.jpg

Toki767

I said it yesterday and I'll say it again based on my experience at WrestleMania this year.

The ones starting the Let's go Cena chants a majority of the time are troll male adults who just want to start the chant. They typically aren't started by women and children. They merely join along.

I imagine the same goes for every other chant.

Striker

Punk? Beyond that, I honestly can't think of one.
Neither Bryan or Punk endured several losses in their feuds with him. Same for Bork.

Edge is the only one I can think of who often lost to the guy but remained relevant and over for a main event spot. Probably because he kept doing the opportunistic things, via briefcase or other shenanigans.

My favorite parts of Raw tonight

Kalisto killing it in his debut
Neville killing it in his debut
Brock killing Michael Cole
JBL being off commentary
Rollins being the champ who runs from challenges
Ambrose vs Cena
Divas match

I said it yesterday and I'll say it again based on my experience at WrestleMania this year.

The ones starting the Let's go Cena chants a majority of the time are troll male adults who just want to start the chant. They typically aren't started by women and children. They merely join along.

I imagine the same goes for every other chant.

So pretty much the same way Cena arguments form here. Fascinating.

hamchan

Before mania I would have booed Reigns but after seeing him put on a great show getting destroyed by Lesnar, I actually quite like him now.

bjork

Lance Storm was right when he said that WWE messed up by acknowledging the fan chanting and having a slammy about it. Chants were cute when ECW was relatively new, but that was 20 years ago.

Xater

What is it with people getting called up and losing part of their name? Now it's just Neville. Is Balor going to lose Finn once he comes up?

Also they really showcased Kalisto well. They really want him to be the new Rey.

Hasney

Just got to the part of Raw where Byron is sent out to call it. Amazing Raw so far, but would have been cooler if they sent Styles out there for the pop, especially since we know he can call a show on his own.

VoxPop

First time seeing Neville. Your next generation spot fest wrestler. Marked out for his double flip in the beginning. How is he on the mic?

I also thought Sheamus looked good. He's much better off as a heel and has nice strong stiff style. Was digging his beat down of DBry and Ziggler up until his bland "I'm back".

Mania was really good fun. Far more than it should have been. Going to check out Raw as well and see how it goes.

Ronda is the fucking best. If we and the other half did that stupid freebie list thing, I think she'd be on both of ours.

Those edits are fucking hilarious.

On the March 30th, 2015 episode of Monday Night Raw, Cole was attacked by Brock Lesnar and hit with an F5 so hard it reignited the Yugoslavian civil war, which Cole then immediately resumed covering for CBS Radio.

Brock Lesnar was interviewed shortly following the death of Michael Cole, asking for his reasons behind the agression. Lesnar only replied "Suplex City Bitch" and then German Suplexed the said interviewer out of a window.

Xater

This RAW was really good until hour 3 and it went downhill fast. I can't believe they booked this shit as the main event. When will they learn that Kane I. big Show have I place above the midcard? I should probably get back to not watching main WWE, because it's probably going to become shitty again real fast.

Why can't I find the Sting after Raw thing on the network?

The one time I can actually tune in to these things (got it for WM month lol) and I can't find it. :| Did you have to watch it live?

Hasney

If Jack is a reasonable nickname for John, does that mean Cena is always talking to himself?

They should just call him Jack. Would probably confuse a lot of people though, so he'll probably have to do something to signify it's a new name. How about New Jack?

EDIT: What's the Sting thing under on the Network? Nothing on search and can't find it under Raw, Backstage Pass, Pre-Show or even Wrestlemania.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Before mania I would have booed Reigns but after seeing him put on a great show getting destroyed by Lesnar, I actually quite like him now.

keikaku.jpg

Slowly working through WM. HHH's Terminator entrance was pretty lame lol. Rusev's was dope as shit and he had a good match, poor Lana.

Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn that Raw was fucking awesome. Mainly because Lesnar was there to kick ass for the first time in a decade. Holy shit that was good.

Terrible camera work though, missed a ton of reaction shots by Lesnar, as well as his hit on the stooges.

Oh yeah Kallisto was fucking fantastic. Great to see a really good call up, wish they did the same for Charlotte a few months ago :(

He was red hot, can't believe I would actually enjoy a 4 vs 4 tag match but it worked really well. Love that they are still making Cesaro look strong too!

Hasney

Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn that Raw was fucking awesome. Mainly because Lesnar was there to kick ass for the first time in a decade. Holy shit that was good.

Terrible camera work though, missed a ton of reaction shots by Lesnar, as well as his hit on the stooges.

Maybe that's why Lesnar killed one of them? He looked up at the screen and noticed a few of his glorious reactions were missing.

Oh yeah Kallisto was fucking fantastic. Great to see a really good call up, wish they did the same for Charlotte a few months ago :(

He was red hot, can't believe I would actually enjoy a 4 vs 4 tag match but it worked really well. Love that they are still making Cesaro look strong too!

It was smart that his first impression to a worldwide audience was with Cesaro who knows how to make a small guy look amazing, that spot on his shoulders was great.

I also like that we didn't see the best of either Kalisto and Neville in terms of spots other than the Red Arrow. Like my favourite Kalisto spot is when he stops himself on his hands and Neville has a shit load in reserve.

Overall, that was a brilliant 2 hours. Unlike other Raw after Manias, they booked a show that said they knew their audience for the night, so the crowd just added to it rather than being the main reason to watch. 3rd hour was the usual though.

I'm cautiously optimistic going forward. Seth as the champ should be fun and hopefully the idea of raising the US and IC title happens, so I'll watch Raw the morning after for a few weeks and see what happens. I just don't want to see champs constantly losing non-title matches. Hiring Jimmy Jacobs to write for the main shows has also changed my tune a bit. I'm not familiar with his work at all, but just hiring someone with an actual wrestling background for that position makes me happy as the TV backgrounds haven't really worked out.

kiguel182

Raw was great. A lot of great momentum and stories going around. And then that fucking main-event happened.

I knew it was going to be rough since Kane and Big Show were involved but they didn't do anything with it. Nothing of note happened. Just a lot of boredom. What a mess.

Also, Saxton did the best he could I guess but putting him alone was a bad move. King (surprisingly) really saved his ass. Hopefully the fact that he didn't do a great job won't be held against him in the future because I do like the guy. Still, you have to give new guys a chance to do something and I'm glad he at least got a chance.

Also, if they take Lana away from Rusev they are dumber than I thought.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot. Sheamus looked amazing. Shame he kicked Ziggler's ass instead of Bryan's. I think it would worked better if he just battered Bryan for a while.

Top Bottom