• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Heroman

Banned
We really need to see how a normal crowd reacts to him. I'd have been cheering him after his performance last night. This crowd were going to shit on him no matter how good a job he did in the main event last night, because they're still mad he got that opportunity.
We seen what normal crowds do , of cheers for like 5 sec than follow by men and booo.

dream

Man, they've made Sting look like such a geek over the past 30 hours.

What a contrast to how well he was built up beginning at Survivor Series.

That's because he didn't talk. He was doomed to fail as soon as he spoke. Because when Stinger speaks, he says things like "it feels SMOKIN GOOD" to be in WWE, and "it would be a CRYIN SHAME" if WWE didn't give him another chance.

That's because he didn't talk. He was doomed to fail as soon as he spoke. Because when Stinger speaks, he says things like "it feels SMOKIN GOOD" to be in WWE, and "it would be a CRYIN SHAME" if WWE didn't give him another chance.
You forgot the Stinger wooooooo.

Fox318

Man, they've made Sting look like such a geek over the past 30 hours.

What a contrast to how well he was built up beginning at Survivor Series.

zqKgYsp.jpg

"People come to see WWE superstars, not the guys who lost"

We seen what normal crowds do , of cheers for like 5 sec than follow by men and booo.

That was before his best performance yet though on Sunday. He's still improving damnit, and him and Brock stiffed each other for our enjoyment. At this point people are just booing him because he was hand picked to be the man, and not because of where he is as an in ring talent.

Which isn't far off at all :/

Toki767

That was before his best performance yet though on Sunday. He's still improving damnit, and him and Brock stiffed each other for our enjoyment. At this point people are just booing him because he was hand picked to be the man, and not because of where he is as an in ring talent.

People are booing him because he hasn't given them a reason to cheer. It's as simple as that. I don't know if Reigns would prefer the boos he's getting now or the non-reaction he has been getting before he got booed.

When Vince this morning said that they "Took Sting from obscurity and made him somebody people cared about" that tells you all you need to know about how Vince views Sting.

Cruceh

Banned
Future of the company Roman Reigns, everybody. They don't even trust him to do a promo after the match yesterday. They should have had him confront Lesnar or Rollins in the earlier parts of the show. But no, he just glares at Rollins at 11pm after his entrance. He doesn't even react to the crowd at all while they're crapping on him. At least Cena knows to react to them. Even Seamus did it when he was crapped on earlier. Reigns just ignores it and does his spots like he's being cheered. So terrible.

Heroman

Banned

If People didn't cheer him when he a good match with db , they are not going to cheer him when he got his ass kicked, of also doesnt help that they gave people no reason to cheer him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sting woulda felt more comfortable as Surfer Sting. He coulda called out Leon White.

outside of brock that was a pretty bad raw, especially for raw after mania standards.

Nah, it was mostly good. It died in the second half of the third hour, though. Everything after the Divas match was flat.

It died down on the third hour...I blame the crowd for acting like dicks during the divas match.

But they didn't. They were chanting for AJ, and the Divas in general, and even Bayley, and shut down a CM Punk chant.

What the fuck, seriously?

Basically.

McMahon said they brought in Sting not just because of the interest they saw in video sales, but because Sting became available and they wanted to "take someone from obscurity, develop a character, and make it important." McMahon said WWE has the skills to take a character like Sting and put him in a WrestleMania main event.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Y'alls butthurt over Vince telling the truth about Sting.

Ithil

Future of the company Roman Reigns, everybody. They don't even trust him to do a promo after the match yesterday. They should have had him confront Lesnar or Rollins in the earlier parts of the show. But no, he just glares at Rollins at 11pm after his entrance. He doesn't even react to the crowd at all while they're crapping on him. At least Cena knows to react to them. Even Seamus did it when he was crapped on earlier. Reigns just ignores it and does his spots like he's being cheered. So terrible.

One step forward, two steps back.

If People didn't cheer him when he a good match with db , they are not going to cheer him when he got his ass kicked, of also doesnt help that they gave people no reason to cheer him.

I'm not going to argue with any of that, certainly. It's when people put it all on Roman like he hasn't been steadily improving and as if the position he's been put in and the promos he's been given etc aren't a huge part of the problem.

Did you forget about diesel, luger or Shamus and many more wrestler, the rock is the expection more than the rule.

I'd argue that Diesel and Shamus were just fine in the end. It's certainly no given thing that you can get over a premature push though. Guys like Chris Masters evolved into fantastic workers, but the crowd wanted nothing to do with them by that time because they we're pushed way too early.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well, you get bad crowds that are super misogynist whenever you have a big international audience. I wonder where most of that international crowd came from, because it wasn't America.

Nah, it was mostly good. It died in the second half of the third hour, though. Everything after the Divas match was flat.

But they didn't. They were chanting for AJ, and the Divas in general, and even Bayley, and shut down a CM Punk chant.

Basically.

Developed into a WM main eventer. Just like Roman Reigns!

Alucard

Banned
This crowd chanted
CM Punk
What
We are Awesome
Whatever misogynist wrestling fan bullshit they were doing during the women's match

18285%20-%20Big_Clem_Layfield%20The_JBL_And_Cole_Show%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20hat%20head_shake%20heath_slater%20wwe.gif

ahQZExk.gif

What were they chanting during the Divas match?
I fast forwarded most of it, but cool that they got 13 minutes. Gonna take a lot of re-educating and unlearning.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
A classic "Raw after Mania" capturing the spirit of a vigorous product, striding forward and breaking new ground with each segment. Mark my words, this is the beginning of one of the greatest years of Sporting Entertainment in years friend.
Awesome news, I am so excited to check out this episode later this week!

RP912

Banned
So where does Reigns go from here? After Mania and Raw it's like dude is in his own world. Man that was an awful main event...I seriously think they ribbed the crowd to get them to do something outrageous for the mere fact the match was a mess.

Alucard

Banned
There were only 3 segments I fast forwarded through tonight.

-Most of the Divas match since it wasn't doing much for me for most of it
-The Cena/Ambrose match since I don't care about either character
-The main event because it was bland

Heroman

Banned
I'd argue that Diesel and Shamus were just fine in the end. It's certainly no given thing that you can get over a premature push though. Guys like Chris Masters evolved into fantastic workers, but the crowd wanted nothing to do with them by that time because they we're pushed way too early.
While diesel and Shamus ended fine, you can't denied that both guys never became the guys wwe wanted them to be. I mean more people remember and love the character of Kevin Nash than they do for diesel while Shamus is in a werid face or heel limbo fighting for jobber belts.

Fox318

So where does Reigns go from here? After Mania and Raw it's like dude is in his own world. Man that was an awful main event...I seriously think they ribbed the crowd to get them to do something outrageous for the mere fact the match was a mess.

I say he turns full Cena then he gets a dancing gimmick and is cut in 2 years.

Top Bottom