• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I'd argue that Diesel and Shamus were just fine in the end. It's certainly no given thing that you can get over a premature push though. Guys like Chris Masters evolved into fantastic workers, but the crowd wanted nothing to do with them by that time because they we're pushed way too early.
This... And the reason why was because they had guys backing them HBK, HHH . Don't you think reigns has the rock in his ear helping him out with it you know seeing how it happened to him. Not saying reigns will ever be like the rock it's not his persona but he will be just fine .

ahQZExk.gif

What were they chanting during the Divas match?
I fast forwarded most of it, but cool that they got 13 minutes. Gonna take a lot of re-educating and unlearning.

Not much of it came through on TV other than the positive stuff, but live they were chanting shit like "Cocoa Pebbles" "You suck Cena" "You suck Uso" and some other bad stuff. Just dumb drunk sexist shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I fast forwarded most of it, but cool that they got 13 minutes. Gonna take a lot of re-educating and unlearning.

"You suck Cena" - absolutely disgusting and horrific.

So you only single out the ones you didn't like (and blow the women's match out of proportion)?

I wouldn't call that out of proportion. We're used to the patriarchy saying "Oh it's not a big deal" or "get over it" - thankfully April will call more attention to this double standard.

RBFpKsX.gif

Cruceh

Banned
That was before his best performance yet though on Sunday. He's still improving damnit, and him and Brock stiffed each other for our enjoyment. At this point people are just booing him because he was hand picked to be the man, and not because of where he is as an in ring talent.

Which isn't far off at all :/

I disagree. He got his ass kicked for 10 minutes while smiling, kicks out of a bunch of suplexes and finishers, then did his spots with Brock selling/staggering like crazy. It was cool because of all the stiff shots, but hardly a great match.

I wonder what he's going to do now. I doubt they'll put him with Heyman since he said he won't talk up Reigns anymore in the first promo.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
So you only single out the ones you didn't like (and blow the women's match out of proportion)?

Were they chanting "You fuck Renee" at Dean? or "You fuck Brie" at Bryan? No
They were using the women's sexuality as a way to demean them, because that's what misogynists do.

Ithil

ahQZExk.gif

They chanted "NO MORE BELLAS", "LET'S GO AJ", "WE WANT PAIGE", "WE WANT BAYLEY", "WE WANT CHARLOTTE", "THE BELLAS SUCK" to the tune of Cena's theme song, booed down a CM Punk chant, and "LET'S GO DIVAS" in response to some chanting chanting something unpleasant at the women.

RP912

Banned
I say he turns full Cena then he gets a dancing gimmick and is cut in 2 years.

call up 2 cool since they are still salty over being called up to the Hall of Fame to do their best J and J security impersonation.

They can be called 2 cold.

What injury should Cole have suffered then? I say ruptured larynx.

just being hurt because he is a 50+ year old announcer and not a wrestler. It doesn't need a specific diagnosis.

I feel bad for Byron. I don't really care for the guy but he is going to get buried so hard after tonight and his grave will be paved over with cement

Shiv47

Raw was pretty boring. I'm finding it hard to give a shit about anything going on in WWE beyond wanting to see Bork destroy, so I guess I'll tune in when he comes back. I did like Sheamus' new look. Wrestling should be ridiculous, so the more outlandish the better, and his new look fits the bill.

Ithil

"You suck Cena" - absolutely disgusting and horrific.

I wouldn't call that out of proportion. We're used to the patriarchy saying "Oh it's not a big deal" or "get over it" - thankfully April will call more attention to this double standard.

My point was there were widespread positive chants being completely ignored in favour of acting like the entire crowd was ECW 1994. The clowns chanting that are absolutely shitheads, but the crowd chanted "LET'S GO DIVAS" in response to said shitty chants.

RP912

Banned
just being hurt because he is a 50+ year old announcer and not a wrestler. It doesn't need a specific diagnosis.

I feel bad for Byron. I don't really care for the guy but he is going to get buried so hard after tonight and his grave will be paved over with cement

cole is in his mid 40s and I doubt Bryon getting buried. He actually got comfortable once King helped him out.

Some people are not ready to do solo commentary.

Alucard

Banned
Not much of it came through on TV other than the positive stuff, but live they were chanting shit like "Cocoa Pebbles" "You suck Cena" "You suck Uso" and some other bad stuff. Just dumb drunk sexist shit.

"You suck Cena" - absolutely disgusting and horrific.]

Sounds apropos for a pro wrestling crowd. Indy shows are even worse with sexist shit getting hurled left and right. Not sure how you change it outside of trying to boo the people doing the chant. You're not going to cure ignorance in a mass audience setting like that overnight.

Is this the end of R.A.W?

It only became a thing when Bryan lost to Sheamus that time, but unless they do something stupid next year, it doesnt seem there is much else to get angry over.

Kaiterra

Banned
My point was there were widespread positive chants being completely ignored in favour of acting like the entire crowd was ECW 1994.

You don't get a cookie just for being a decent normal human being, especially if you're gonna turn around and just be a piece of shit anyway.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My point was there were widespread positive chants being completely ignored in favour of acting like the entire crowd was ECW 1994.

Christ, really? This is the most demeaning shit you've ever posted. on the same level as a JPeeples creepshot.

"but there were good chants too" doesn't make the absolutely abhorrent, disgusting demeaning chants better or more tolerable. at all.

I'm sorry but WWE has completely dropped the balls on Sting. I don't think Vince is burying him but it reminds me of a child who just has to have a new toyat the store, only when he gets that toy he has no idea what to with it.

Vince has coveted Sting for years and when he finally got him he had no idea what to do with him. He deserves better, I hope he at least gets his Undertaker match, won't be a great match but it would be showing Sting some respect by honoring him with the match he has always dreamed about.

A RAW of 2 very different halfs.

First have has Brock Borking everything in sight, some NXT call ups and Bryan Vs Ziggler.

2nd half was Cena, Cenaing Ambrose and a main event that feels ripped from a mid summer Smackdown taping.

Oh and the Divas division needs more then longer matches. They need a massive injection of new talent because 75% of the main event female roster is crap in the ring. Shit still stinks no matter how much time you spend looking at it.

They really shouldn't call the women wrestlers divas

Yup. Another thing NXT gets right with the NXT Womens title!

Another one of those things thats unlikely to change on RAW until after Vince and Dunn are gone though.

What injury should Cole have suffered then? I say ruptured larynx.

Fractured clavicle!

You'd think we'd be more accepting of the crowd chants given how often we mention the Bella's getting the positions they have based on the wrestlers they're fucking.

Alucard

Banned
They chanted "NO MORE BELLAS", "LET'S GO AJ", "WE WANT PAIGE", "WE WANT BAYLEY", "WE WANT CHARLOTTE", "THE BELLAS SUCK" to the tune of Cena's theme song, booed down a CM Punk chant, and "LET'S GO DIVAS" in response to some chanting chanting something unpleasant at the women.

Well, now I don't know what to believe.

There will always be some idiots in the crowd. It's just something you have to accept about pro wrestling due to the very nature of the content. You're not going to change mass ignorance.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They really shouldn't call the women wrestlers divas

I agree. TNA at least had the presence of mind to call their women wrestlers Knockouts, which was empowering without subtly enforcing a stereotypical standard.

Kaiterra

Banned
Capsized lung (as in he got F5d so hard it went underground and is underwater somewhere)

Anal bleeding like he said JR suffered

Broken heart because his favorite wrestler treated him like that

They should have said the F5 gave him cancer. I read a Daredevil comic where Black Widow got it from stepping on a ninja spike, so Michael Cole can get it from an F5.

I'm sorry but WWE has completely dropped the balls on Sting. I don't think Vince is burying him but it reminds me of a child who just has to have a new toyat the store, only when he gets that toy he has no idea what to with it.

Vince has coveted Sting for years and when he finally got him he had no idea what to do with him. He deserves better, I hope he at least gets his Undertaker match, won't be a great match but it would be showing Sting some respect by honoring him with the match he has always dreamed about.
Kind of like how in the Monday night wars dvd they said wcw had no idea how to use Bret

cole is in his mid 40s and I doubt Bryon getting buried. He actually got comfortable once King helped him out.

Some people are not ready to do solo commentary.

Well yeah I agree it wasn't his fault but they just left him out there to die. King should have been out there with him from the beginning I don't know what they were thinking.

Well, now I don't know what to believe.

There will always be some idiots in the crowd. It's just something you have to accept about pro wrestling due to the very nature of the content. You're not going to change mass ignorance.

Both.

Except I'm pretty sure they were chanting "You fuck Cena", not "You suck Cena". People don't usually use "suck" that way.

I really don't understand the hate about the Cena/Ambrose thing. For years we have bitched that all they do when a guy wins a secondary belt is have him lose. Now a secondary champ wins his first match after getting the belt, and people complain. I don't get it.

To April! Adios, friends!

There's still another day left in March.

Ithil

Christ, really? This is the most demeaning shit you've ever posted. on the same level as a JPeeples creepshot.

"but there were good chants too" doesn't make the absolutely abhorrent, disgusting demeaning chants better or more tolerable. at all.

Where did I say they were ok? At all?

I said they were shitty chants, by a few shitty fans.

RP912

Banned
I'm more disappointed with the Sting interview than anything else...what's the point of bringing him out and making it an exclusive when he wasn't saying shit but "I dunno guise...I'll see what I can do.".

Bottom line the whole thing leading to Sting/Trips was a mess and a half. Even though the match was ok...it just rubs me off the wrong way of how WWE portrayed Sting like a old newbie when dude was doing iron man matches without the stipulation. He wrestled great ones like Muta, Flair, and etc Hell he was the Warrior's tag team partner. I'm not saying that the WWE got to put him on a pedestal but dammit give the man some respect. I knew it was going to be a weird run when they put the fake sting photo in the back of his dvd.

Problem is, it might both be their last match next year, so who wins? Sting probably doesn't care about winning at WM, but it would just look stupid to bring him in to not get a victorious WM moment.

And it comes back full circle as to why having HHH go over last night was stupid as hell.

So they'll probably give him a win at like Payback or some crap.

Exactly. Thank you. This is what I was trying to say, but apparently thinking this is a "gimmick".

I really don't understand the hate about the Cena/Ambrose thing. For years we have bitched that all they do when a guy wins a secondary belt is have him lose. Now a secondary champ wins his first match after getting the belt, and people complain. I don't get it.

They're probably bitching about other wrestlers whose win/loss record doesn't resemble the 96 Bulls.

Cena / Ambrose was fine. You don't want Even Stephen booking or endless screwjobs then somebodies gotta win. Cena's higher on the card so he should go over. The WWE does need to do put Ambrose in a feud with a lower heel to get him started up again though.

Barrage

3 Hours i s just too long,even with a crowd that hot. That being said, it was still an enjoyable RAW. Hopefully Kallisto can be pushed (with or without Cara), and hopefully they can repackage New Day Pronto.

Glad Smarks are being recognized as the fuckwits that they can be when it comes to chanting. Trash women and children for cheering Cena/Reigns all you want, they're not the ones chanting "What" and fucking up every promo the last fiteen years, or chanting "CM Punk" at AJ Lee for dumbshit reasons known only to themselves. Manchildren that cry whenever Cena wins and threaten to cancel the Network 'cause their fave didn't win the title on RAW are 100X worse than kids with wristbands on.

Lets list the people who have come out of a Cena feud better off then they where before.

1 Brock Lesner.
2 Daniel Bryan at Summerslam kinda....
3 ????

Top Bottom