• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
So what's worse: Attending a Mania party or hosting a mania party?

Because I'm hosting one on Sunday, there'll be men, women, and children there, and a whole lotta great food and drinks.

Cagey

Banned
Opinion I feel a teeny amount of shame to have: Kendrick's album is great but doesn't do anything for me, because I've realized I don't care much for hip hop records that are mind blowing amazing but don't leave me wanting to listen again on blast in my car.

I used to sit there and chew on albums but I don't have time for that anymore. I'd be a huge Kendrick fan like 8 years ago when I played the original Food and Liquor twice a week for the lyricism, but now I'm just looking for FnP and don't find myself liking him as much as I know I should.

In other words, at this point in my life, I don't want music that's deep but aesthetically not pleasing and fun as all fuck. Less of that Yeezus, more of that http://www.complex.com/music/2013/05/cipha-sounds-presents-the-75-greatest-tunnel-bangers-3/

Feels a little bad, but not too much. Best to own what you like.

Finished Gary Hart's book, what an amazing read. Loved the sections on Kabuki & Muta, learning about how Gary got his start, to how he became a huge part of WCCW's success as the booker and was pleasantly surprised to see him have a refreshingly positive take on modern wrestling, which isn't something you see often in these autobiographies. I don't think I've read a wrestler's autobiography that has to touch on so much tragedy, though. A lot of that's due to the Von Erich curse, but there were so many untimely deaths Gary had to mention. In general it was very well written (although apparently the leaked PDF is from a draft version), you get a great sense of Gary's character. Highly recommended, whether you're familiar with Gary Hart's work or not.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
When you're with a 6, you're with every 4 that 6 has ever been with. Knocks your average down. Kind of like how Cena doesn't hang out with jobbers for long.
Cena didn't get all his titles without beating a few stat padder's. Sometimes you gotta clean out the midcard In Between main eventers.

Toki767

Whats Brocks WWE deal?

250k an appearance?

His current deal is 5 million per year.

Considering he works like...4 PPVs a year (Rumble, Mania, SummerSlam, +1 other), it's basically like 1.25 million per month he works (which includes PPVs and Raws to build up)

NoRéN;157431031 said:
Anyone here a San Jose local?

I have Saturday morning free and need some, preferably cheap, suggestions for things to do in the area.
There are a couple of museums in the area. Some tourists visit the Winchester Mystery House, but it's a little pricey.

So what's worse: Attending a Mania party or hosting a mania party?

Because I'm hosting one on Sunday, there'll be men, women, and children there, and a whole lotta great food and drinks.

I fell asleep on my guests one year hosting a Mania party, so I am going to say it's better to attend.

PPV's are one of those things I envy about the west coast, Mania starts at 4pm and you can still get a decent nights sleep when it's over.

Heroman

Banned
kL7EwW1.gif
It might be the greatest hip-hop album of time.

Deadstar

I feel bad for Roman Reigns. It's not his fault he is where he is. I felt the same way for Batista last year. It wasn't his fault.

Finished Gary Hart's book, what an amazing read. Loved the sections on Kabuki & Muta, learning about how Gary got his start, to how he became a huge part of WCCW's success as the booker and was pleasantly surprised to see him have a refreshingly positive take on modern wrestling, which isn't something you see often in these autobiographies. I don't think I've read a wrestler's autobiography that has to touch on so much tragedy, though. A lot of that's due to the Von Erich curse, but there were so many untimely deaths Gary had to mention. In general it was very well written (although apparently the leaked PDF is from a draft version), you get a great sense of Gary's character. Highly recommended, whether you're familiar with Gary Hart's work or not.

I'm definitely going to have to check this out. I just recently started watching the Von Erich's after having slept on them for so long. I'm really enjoying it and had no idea what I was missing out on. Any recommendations on matches?

Toki767

I feel bad for Roman Reigns. It's not his fault he is where he is. I felt the same way for Batista last year. It wasn't his fault.

Not his fault, but it's not like he was making the most of his opportunity either.

He seems to be the guy whose attitude is basically "I believe in the machine. They tell me to jump, I ask how high."

Maybe if he questioned creative and Vince more, he'd look better.

kiguel182

If only WWE had made him those shirts when he was red hot instead of a bunch of goat puns. It's like they hate money sometimes.

izakq

I'm definitely going to have to check this out. I just recently started watching the Von Erich's after having slept on them for so long. I'm really enjoying it and had no idea what I was missing out on. Any recommendations on matches?

Can't go wrong on any six-man tag matches between them and the Freebirds.
Kerry Von Erich Vs. Ric Flair at the David Von Erich Memorial Show, as well as the cage match between the two where the Von Erich's infamous feud begins.
I remember a Kevin Von Erich Vs. Flair one as well that was pretty good.

Sorry for not posting any video links, youtube blocked.

StevieWhite

Quick poll: What was the first Mania you watched live? If you count the ones I watched on scrambled PPV channels, it's 11 for me. First one I saw in stunning standard def was 17.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Von Erich shit on Youtube gets show down faster than any other wrestling content by the WWE for some reason. So you'll have to look yourself. Look for Kerry's feud with Brian Adias, his championship match with Terry Gordy, look for the full match of his with Kamala and his the Parade of Champions match with Flair. Look for David's matches with Harley, Flair, and his stuff with Jimmy Garvin.

I don't care much for the other Von Erichs.
I'm gonna say that Run The Jewels fit this mold better. And Yung Lean.

nah, deathgrips is a better tumblr username

Kaladin

Quick poll: What was the first Mania you watched live? If you count the ones I watched on scrambled PPV channels, it's 11 for me. First one I saw in stunning standard def was 17.

Safe to say it was 10. Same as you, I listened in on scrambled PPV channels....did that through the 90s.

Toki767

Even though my dad had those boxes that unscrambled PPV channels, I never saw a WrestleMania live because we always used to go to church Sunday nights.

Top Bottom