• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

RBH

I literally thought Mankind was "Broken in half". Not just because JR said it, but also because the red from the announce table looked like a pool of blood.

Holy shit, are you my kindred spirit?

Because I also watched that match through a scrambled feed when I was young and thought the EXACT same thing when JR was screaming that while there was all of that red on the screen. I turned the TV off immediately because I was so freaked out. :lol

Fox318

Can you guess which former WWE wrestler this is without cheating?
Rocky-Maivia.jpg

When did Matt Hardy get a tan?

Carnby

Quick poll: What was the first Mania you watched live? If you count the ones I watched on scrambled PPV channels, it's 11 for me. First one I saw in stunning standard def was 17.

13, at the time I had a lot of fun watching it. I was disappointed that Bret v Shawn didn't happen. I also hated Austin for costing Bret the title, but at the same time I loved his Real Ass antics.

I then watched 14 through 17 live, and didn't watch again until 27.

i'll gladly admit to being an anime fan before a wrestling fan, i'm keeping that shit on lockdown
Do you take the "it's not like cartoons here, they are much more mature and the animation is superb, or do you flat out say you like that moe stuff?... Damn did I just say moe #deadgiveaway

I'm leaving tonight to go to California. Will I be able to pace my drinking and drug intake and make it to Mania? We'll find out.

Cagey

Banned
The real #deadgiveaway is when you claim that there is nothing sexual about the barely clothed 11 year old sticking her ass directly in front of the camera that that I'm the pervert for saying otherwise.
No, the giveaway is knowing that these games even exist. Or what a Vita is.

Gonzalez

Banned
Holy shit, are you my kindred spirit?

Because I also watched that match through a scrambled feed when I was young and thought the EXACT same thing when JR was screaming that while there was all of that red on the screen. I turned the TV off immediately because I was so freaked out. :lol
I'm also reminding myself of the PPV stills. After I watched the scrambled PPV I'd say to myself "This show sounded amazing. I can't wait for the PPV stills courtesy of WWF/WCW Magazine on RAW/Nitro".

Heel

Ex-UFC champion Brock Lesnar finally rules out return to MMA

The UFC didn't allow Lesnar to shut the octagon door easily: Lesnar said he turned down an offer worth "10 times" what he was making earlier in his MMA career.

UFC Chairman Lorenzo Fertitta even attempted to increase the temptation when Lesnar phoned Fertitta and UFC President Dana White to tell them his decision while driving into the parking garage at ESPN's downtown Los Angeles studios.

Although the UFC doesn't disclose the financial results of its pay-per-view shows, White has said Lesnar is the biggest PPV draw in MMA history.

"Lorenzo said to me, 'Can we sharpen our pencil? Can we double it'" Lesnar said. "I said, 'It's not about that. I'm calling you to tell you where my heart is, and it's not about the money.'

"And then in the back of my mind, I'm thinking, 'Well, yeah, it is about the money, but I don't have to beat myself up for it.' To prepare for another MMA fight, we're talking 16, 18 weeks of pure hell, and then the cage door shuts and it's on."

ilbRDiAIa68pn.gif

Toki767

Brock is a smart guy. Maybe one of the smartest guys to be in the wrestling business.

He knows what he's worth, he knows what he wants, and he knows what works for him.

Heel

Heel, already did the math earlier. He was making $400,000 per match while he was heavyweight champion. $400,000 X 10 = $4,000,000 per match....double that is $8,000,000 per match.

Let's sharpen our pencils.

That doesn't even include his PPV points, though.

This is clearly a man that would rather bounce around in the middle of the ring for considerably less. Can't blame him.

Toki767

This is clearly a man that would rather bounce around in the middle of the ring for considerably less. Can't blame him.

Considerably less, but still a hell of a lot of money for what is possibly infinitely much safer work.

Kaladin

He said on ESPN, he looked at all the time he would spend training for each match and it just didn't appeal to him.

He likes the lighter schedule.

Seriously, can't blame the guy.

After what I've heard about this deal though, Brock Lesnar has become one of my favorite wrestlers, just because of this. Guy turned down big money for big fights to be happy doing what he does and have time to spend with his family....and still make bank.

He's living the dream.

Fox318

Considerably less, but still a hell of a lot of money for what is possibly infinitely much safer work.

All he has to do right now is fly a private jet out to a show every few Mondays and wrestle 4-6 matches a year depending on if the company wants him or not.

Most days he just walks down a ramp, jumps into a ring and lets Paul talk.

Toki767

He said on ESPN, he looked at all the time he would spend training for each match and it just didn't appeal to him.

After what I've heard about this deal though, Brock Lesnar has become one of my favorite wrestlers, just because of this. Guy turned down big money for big fights to be happy doing what he does and have time to spend with his family....and still make bank.

He's living the dream.

Which is why he's going to get cheered even more on Sunday. This is basically the reverse of WrestleMania 20.

Fox318

He's living the dream.

I think the WWE needs to find a way to make up lost revune or cycle out talent from house shows.

Guys like CM Punk, Kurt Angle, and even Benoit might still be in the WWE if the work schedule wasn't that Crazy. Nash left the WWE not because of the money but because he got sick of working 4-5 matches every week plus travel. It's why Brock left the WWE to pursue football. The house show schedule tears people up.

kiguel182

All he has to do right now is fly a private jet out to a show every few Mondays and wrestle 4-6 matches a year depending on if the company wants him or not.

Most days he just walks down a ramp, jumps into a ring and lets Paul talk.

His matches are also more about him hitting people so they are not the hardest of matches to work.

Nothing compared to the amount of work he would've to put on UFC.

Paracelsus

I think the WWE needs to find a way to make up lost revune or cycle out talent from house shows.

Guys like CM Punk, Kurt Angle, and even Benoit might still be in the WWE if the work schedule wasn't that Crazy. Nash left the WWE not because of the money but because he got sick of working 4-5 matches every week plus travel. It's why Brock left the WWE to pursue football. The house show schedule tears people up.

The house shows made sense when there was one big main event a month and there was barely any tv coverage. It's time to let it go.

Top Bottom