• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Gonzalez

Banned
CA9_KyyVEAAMWuE.jpg
Damn Brodus Clay has really turned it around since being fired.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Quick poll: What was the first Mania you watched live? If you count the ones I watched on scrambled PPV channels, it's 11 for me. First one I saw in stunning standard def was 17.

14 myself. Also through a scrambled cable box.

Would like to go to another WM live some day. I wonder when it'll come back to Orlando. Hopefully soon.

Quick poll: What was the first Mania you watched live? If you count the ones I watched on scrambled PPV channels, it's 11 for me. First one I saw in stunning standard def was 17.

God, that was a waste of money. After the first hour, the only thing even halfway decent was HHH/Taker.

XenoRaven

I remember shortly after Bray Wyatt debuted on RAW, Data posted a Waylon Mercy promo. I never realized that Bray actually talked to Dan Spivey after he had been sent back to developmental and that was basically the beginning of the development of the Bray Wyatt character.

Alucard

Banned
First live Mania was 9. Friend's dad ordered it. I was so happy and then just felt nothing when Hogan came out at the end.

kiguel182

The first Mania I watched live was 28 when I came back to watching wrestling. When I was 13 or something I either didn't watch PPVs or watched part of them later.

I remember I got home slightly later and I missed the Bryan match. I was baffled.

Alucard

Banned
I really like that new Daniel Bryan t-shirt. I dig a few WWE shirts right now.

-Last 2 Bryan shirts
-Sting face shirt
-Kevin Owens shirt

Thorakai

Pretty sure it was 19. I was watching wrestling regularly by the time 18 happened, I just didn't have the means of ordering it at the time.

Vylash

I've never been to a live Wrestlefest, or seen one on the WWF Network #safe

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Kaladin

I am a real American, Fight for the rights of every man,
I am a real American, fight for what's right, fight for your life!

When it comes crashing down, and it hurts inside,
ya' gotta take a stand, it don't help to hide,
Well, you hurt my friends, and you hurt my pride,
I gotta be a man; I can't let it slide,

I feel strong about right and wrong,
And I don't take trouble for very long,
I got something deep inside of me, and courage is the thing that keeps us free,

Well you hurt my friends, and you hurt my pride,
I gotta be a man; I can't let it slide,

I am a real American

Dante

Anybody here going to the NXT show Friday? I ended up spending more on those tickets than Wrestlemania :) Should be a wild crowd that night.

Zach

PPVs were so incredible scrambled. As a kid, that imagination made things seems so amazing.

As for the first Mania I really got to watch live? Crap, man, I don't know. It was probably one during the Austin Era. We watched more WCW, and even with that, we didn't get to order a heck of a lot of PPVs. I distinctly remember not watching WrestleMania XIV because I couldn't wait to watch that Monday to see what happened. That being said, maybe we got to watch XV live? I honestly can't recall.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
that's like saying Daniel Bryan was a star in ROH before he made went to WWE. nobody cares. #DeadGiveaway
Is that the guy from Total Divas? #safe
I still don't think that Indy darling Bryan Danielson deserves to be stuck in an undercard match, considering his workrate compared to the green Reigns and how over he is #deadgiveaway

Given the discussion on WM promo videos earlier, I went back and watched some. To me, the Austin/Rock WM17 and Shawn/Taker WM26 videos are in a stratosphere of their own. No others can touch those, not even the Bryan video.

izakq

WrestleMania 2.

I remember seeing it as it was weird, in terms of the order of the matches that were shown. From what I remembered, it started with the L.A. portion first, which had the main event of Hogan Vs. Bundy in a cage match. Then it was the Chicago portion next with the Mr. T vs Piper boxing match main event. Then it was the New York portion with the Bulldogs vs Valentine/Beefcake tag-team title as that city's main event and final match of the PPV.

Gonzalez

Banned
PPVs were so incredible scrambled. As a kid, that imagination made things seems so amazing.

I literally thought Mankind was "Broken in half". Not just because JR said it, but also because the red from the announce table looked like a pool of blood.

Top Bottom